The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Haven Mines...  (Read 246 times)

Witch Hunter

Haven Mines...
« on: April 02, 2007, 04:41:02 pm »
Alright this isn't a question about balance or how hard the place is, rather... the monsters.

I've always wondered, considering it's a haunted mine and stuff - why is it always inhabited by living things? wouldn't it make more sense if the mine was haunted by the restless spirits of the miners?

*cough*

Spirits holding pick axes, chisels... Could be fun.

Acacea

Re: Haven Mines...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 06:31:43 pm »
It was said that maybe if time permitted there could be some creepy flavor night spawns or something, but the mine was not created to be a "Haunted Mine" or anything...rather, it was a mine full of ogres, which had a haunted story attached to explain the no-rest thing. :P So I would of it as a minor haunting, that endangers one when one sleeps with his guard down or something. Stealing into your dreams, who knows.

The ogres were there because ogres are a good standard set of creatures, I imagine, and the gnolls are there because they took over the place in a DM quest. :)

But yeah! It might be fun to take the kind of thin attempt at an explanation and add some touches here and there. Just enough so that it can explain the no-rest, if it is kept.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 08:06:18 pm »
How do they explain ogres/gnolls living there if they can't rest inside? :P

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 10:26:41 pm »
Maybe that's why they're so ill-tempered. ;)

Acacea

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 10:44:50 pm »
It's not a matter of "directly preventing from sleeping" but rather "dangerous to sleep," so maybe they're very stressed and just a little bit crazy. Why, we should be sending them to counseling, not slaughtering the poor creatures!

Witch Hunter

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 01:09:31 am »
I agree, change the quest into taking the gnoll leader to a psychiatrist rather than kill him (:

MJZ

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 10:11:17 pm »
We should make an area where when PCs try to rest, Spirits come a-spawnin'... :D hahah *hides before the angry barrage hits her*

anything