The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Cake!  (Read 507 times)

Gulnyr

RE: Cake!
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2005, 06:23:00 am »
Bryantiza, for the love of Pete, get yourself away from the idea that all comments have to be utterly serious.  Sometimes I like to have a little fun.  Smile, man.  

Acacea, clever as ever, has quoted the part of my first post that was most important.  The rest of it was just fluff, a silly rant for the purpose of making me happy (though I really do think tradition for tradition's sake is pretty dumb).  The whole "tradition" thing was just for fun, and was not to be taken seriously.  Read it again with mirth in your mind.

I feel that if you had read the entire post, specifically the part Acacea quoted, you would have understood the majority to be a joke, and would never have considered suggesting that anyone open their eyes to the possibilities, since no one is against the idea of adding cakes to the cooking craft.

The second post was utter silliness, unpolluted by seriousness of any kind.

I guess it's like Berdin told Jennara: "Nobodda loiks eh smertass."

Now, for those without a funny bone, let me assure you as seriously as I can that cake is a fine idea.  I have no doubt that there will soon enough be cakes filling the bellies of citizens everywhere.  And I have no doubt that cakes will be only a tiny portion of the glory that flows from the kitchens of Layonara.

Vyris

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2005, 07:05:00 am »
Er... this used to be a fun thread.

Just to throw my vote in, I am a pie fan, cakes don't have nearly the range, nor accuracy of a well baked pie.

Vyris

Etinfall

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2005, 07:32:00 pm »
Gulnyr - 12/28/2005  8:23 AM

Bryantiza, for the love of Pete, get yourself away from the idea that all comments have to be utterly serious.  Sometimes I like to have a little fun.  Smile, man.  

Acacea, clever as ever, has quoted the part of my first post that was most important.  The rest of it was just fluff, a silly rant for the purpose of making me happy (though I really do think tradition for tradition's sake is pretty dumb).  The whole "tradition" thing was just for fun, and was not to be taken seriously.  Read it again with mirth in your mind.

I feel that if you had read the entire post, specifically the part Acacea quoted, you would have understood the majority to be a joke, and would never have considered suggesting that anyone open their eyes to the possibilities, since no one is against the idea of adding cakes to the cooking craft.

The second post was utter silliness, unpolluted by seriousness of any kind.

I guess it's like Berdin told Jennara: "Nobodda loiks eh smertass."

Now, for those without a funny bone, let me assure you as seriously as I can that cake is a fine idea.  I have no doubt that there will soon enough be cakes filling the bellies of citizens everywhere.  And I have no doubt that cakes will be only a tiny portion of the glory that flows from the kitchens of Layonara.

When will this guy stop craking up jokes :) This entire post I quoted had me rolling on the cieling :D

In all honestly my ranger wouldn't be eating alot of pie or cake. Mainly meat and stale bread. Oh berries and such but no pies. Or cake.

Bryantiza

• View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: January 03, 2006, 09:30:00 am »
    The only reason i'm annoyed is the fact that this is meant to be a serious thread, and I don't know why or where the 'pie or cake vote' came up. This was a thread about adding cakes into Layonara not a thread on which is better, cake or pie.

Try to keep things serious, in what should have always been a serious thread.

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2006, 09:36:00 am »
    Cake is the devil

Chrys Ellis

• View Profile
      « Reply #25 on: January 03, 2006, 09:55:00 am »
      Bryantiza - 1/3/2006 9:30 AM Try to keep things serious, in what should have always been a serious thread.

A thread about cake should have always been serious?  *rolls eyes* If you can't allow for a little levity in a thread about cakes, this forum would be way too flat and dry (neither of which makes for a good cake, by the way).
        On a very serious note, if for nothing else, we should have cakes so a succubus could pop out of one at someone's birthday party. Popping out of pies just doesn't work, since you can't layer them like you can cakes.

Shadowblade225

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2006, 10:31:00 am »
      I'd prefer to see pie able to be equipped as a weapon.  The whole town would be running from Acacea!
          Edit:  I really couldn't resist

cappyra

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2006, 12:07:00 pm »
      After encountering a succubus on Xantril...  my vote would be for a Nymph to pop out of a cake... =P

Vyris

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2006, 12:19:00 pm »
      A nyphm cake... hmmm, bachelor parties may never be the same again, thos nymphs are very persuasive :)

I think cake would be a cool addition in the future, though I like pies better.

Vyris

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2006, 12:20:00 pm »
      Bryantiza - 1/3/2006 9:30 AM   On a very serious note, if for nothing else, we should have cakes so a succubus could pop out of one at someone's birthday party.
       ...  ...  You are so totally planning my next birthday party.

Acacea

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2006, 03:33:00 pm »
      Yes, with all its due respect and of course the necessary seriousness--for indeed, the subject of Desserts is not to be "trifled" with--cake would be a splendid addition to the kitchen. I can only add my condolences to you and stern reprimands to others that they chose to agree with you with a levity most disturbing. Frivolity has no place in the kitchen! *Chases everyone out with a ladle.*

Let there be cake! And it was good. But, not as good as muffins.

ThrainSil

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2006, 03:45:00 pm »
      Cake is a decadent excuse to hold up frosting.

As such there should be more of it!

Signed,
      Thrain ironwind

anything