NWN Discussions and Suggestions > NWN Ideas, Suggestions, Requests

Houses

(1/11) > >>

:
How about turning those unused houses in hlint to buyable ones? like the one near the crypt and the one near the bind point... also what about making some buyable houses at haven?

theres a shortage of houses near hlint:p

ZeroVega:
First off, I'm kinda glad there aren't more houses in Hlint than there already are. People need to expand and move out to the other servers/continents. Also I believe those houses are used to quests n' such, at least I've been on a few that led us into the houses. Also there are many unused houses around the world, however I'm sure the content team is prioritizing, and housing probably isn't up on the top of there list, however it's been talked about quite a bit, and I know they're working on it as fast as they can.
   *looks over his post and realizes he's not on the content team*

Gilrod:
The theory that people need to move out and expand is apreciable, but the problem is that lower level (below 12th -15th) do not want to move out in the boondocks of central where they will be slaughtered in their backyards.

Maybe there should be dedicated low level housing (kind of like apartments, on Mistone) that are only rentable by active, characters of a lower level.

(Rent as in pay for residence until reaching level 5, when they have to move out).

I'm just saying it is easy to tell newer players to move out and find a house in a dangerous area.  But what about the higher level characters (level 15 +) that currently fill up nearly all of the homes in Hlint?  They could easily move to Pranzis and survive and flourish there whereas a 7th level that has saved up enough for a new home wouldn't do so well.

So I guess what I am saying is there is a shortage of housing near hlint (or on Mistone in general) where lower level characters can survive because higher level players own most of the homes.  It only seems logical that the higher level characters should "move on" because they would fare much better in other locals and be able to afford it.

Just my two cents.

nabokov9:
as someone desperately trying to scrape together the coin to buy a house, i agree.  low level housing with a level limit for eligibility is a nice idea.......heck you could even expand the Inn to include a second floor where characters could rent rooms, which might make the Inn more of a roleplaying center than it is now.

or else, what if provisions were made to even allow higher level characters who own a house (or houses) to rent them out?  a new merchant class could be developed, that of landlords.

more random thoughts.....  any ideas?

Gilrod:
I do not know how hard it would be to script "rent,"  or how much space there is for areas on the server, but if the inns could have rooms added and possibly some of the older houses be truned into single or two room apartment bording houses that are limited by level it would drastically aid lower level characters.

When I say "rent,"  what if you used the standard purchasing system, but sales where limited by level and the server rules included a "move out" rule that required a player move when it reached a certain level or was inactive for more than a month.  This shouldn't require much rescripting (provided that there is space for new indoor areas and item storage on an already overwhelmed server).  The best part would be the revolving "open" housing market, much like apartments in real life where people live until they can save up for a house or wait for someone to die in a particulary neighborhood (which is basically what you are waiting for if you ever want a house ANYWHERE near Hlint).

I would still recommend having higher level players move onto the central server or such (especially when each person on the server can have up to six characters).  I think it would be cool for Epic characters to live on east (the "front lines" as it where), but that would probably be overkill.

Just my thoughts, could be a major waste of time given the mechanics of NWN.  Like crafting, I guess we have to weigh the hard earned gains of the "older" characters versus the environment for the "younger characters."  I think this question should seriously be considered since the area around Hlint is the only place where a newby can hope to survive.

-- by the way, I've been on for about a year now (although my highest character, of two, is 9th level) and would be will to sacrifice my home for such a venture (located in Fort Llahst).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version