The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Large crates: Lionbags  (Read 218 times)

Frendh

Large crates: Lionbags
« on: September 03, 2005, 08:57:00 am »
Make it possible to store the bags in
large crates?

Crunch

RE: Large crates: Lionbags
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 10:19:00 am »
I agree that there should be some way to store boxes and bags, but being able to fill a chest with boxes or bags would be excessive.  I was thinking maybe a box rack or bag hooks would be good.   something that could hold 2 or 3 boxes would be great.  Subjecting it to a weight limit would keep it from being too powerful.  I think a convenient way to store herbs and the like would be appropriate.  Right now it is easy to store ore, but hard to store the little stuff other than in your personal inventory.

Frendh

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 11:38:00 am »
I think I read an old thread about someone
not being able to fit a box into a chest,
but that time he couldn't do it because the
box had 35 items in it. And a large crate
can only take 30, leaving 6 too many for the
fit.

So of course, if storing bags were implemennted
each item in it should count towards the 30
max limit. Or if it's easier to script, make
it so you are unable to store bags with things
in them.

I mean, what is someone who is a bag merchant
supposed to do? You can't very well walk around
with 30+ bags on you.

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 11:44:00 am »
Make a container with a script similar to the ox script. Item goes on, and it gives you back the standard instance of that item, so if items are in it, they are gone.

In theory this should work, but I am not entirly sure how one would go about scripting it.

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 12:33:00 am »
Now that would hurt.
It would be nice to just have a crate specifically designed to store boxes. If not, why not just be able to make them a placeable that is also a carriable.
Personally I would like to have a box that I could put down somewhere like in someone's house that would not disappear and all contents lost along with it.

As for the ox idea, as for bags. The whole idea is to reduce the weight of the items carried. An ox is a pack animal, though it has limited value if one can not place a bag on them.
Just thinking of all those low level characters that end up living off the back of their oxen. It was very limiting as to what my character was able to have in the way of possessions.

I still like the idea of having wagons for characters that can not afford a house, or do not not want to rent a room at the Arms or rent a room in some one's house. A wagon could have the space of a double occupancy room at the Arms.
Also for storage, or even a place to live. How about those tents in Fort Hope?

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 06:09:00 am »
Actually Komoda, the point of the oxen system is for carrying CNR, not to serve as a character's mobile storage solution.  For carrying large loads of wood, pelts, ore, minerals and other heavy items, the ox serves its purpose very well.

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 11:06:00 am »
I understand that.
Low level characters who do not have the coin to rent a room at the Leilon Arms, or room at any of the character owned houses, opt to purchase an ox with the first 200 coin they make. This allows the starting characters to store their tools and equipment, as well as CNR for later consumption in their workings at the crafthouse.

Nuzatch

• Followers of Aragen
    • Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 05:46:00 pm »
Gyah!

Don't use oxen for storage, there are just FAR too many horror stories associated.  Also, I think we've got a sticky somewhere that asks that players not do this as well.  It's very easy for an ox to get eaten, beaten, or otherwise wiped from existance, and with the ox's passing, so pass your items.

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 06:07:00 pm »
I was simply suggesting a system similar to the ox system ... where the items are stored via script, and recalled via script. So that if you put bags with items, items go poof, to make sure people do not abuse the bag storage.

ShrubberyJSC

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 12:26:00 pm »
    I love the wagon idea.

Right now several friends and I are trying to pool together to buy a house, but it is slow going.

If there were a smaller, cheaper house, or a tent, we would most likely buy it.