The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Emotes suggestion  (Read 430 times)

Hellblazer

Emotes suggestion
« on: October 27, 2011, 02:32:33 am »
Here's a few emotes that have been bugging me for quite a while and I was wondering if something could be done to change their behavior.

While sitting:

Nods, shakes head, Scratch head. If those could be tied to the position the pc is that would be great. Meaning, that they don't force the pc to stand to run the emote.

I'm sure there's more but can't think about any other at the moment

if Lowers could be untied to prone that would be great

This one has really really been getting on my nerve. *lowers his gaze* *lowers his head in shame* *Bites his/her lower lip* etc, sets the pc to take position to tackle the person he's/she's talking to. Funny the first few times, but after a few years.. not so funny anymore.

If anything could be done for these, it would really be great :)

blonde

Re: Emotes suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 02:37:48 am »
If you use double * for the emote it is not...eh...emoted :)

Example: **Nods his head*

darkstorme

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 03:44:38 am »
What blonde said.  That's basically what I do.

Also, sitting is, in itself, an animation (a looping animation, as it happens).  Due to how the engine handles animations, one animation has to end before the next is performed.  So a PC can't nod while sitting, etc.

Dremora

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 07:32:29 am »
There is a command to simply turn off automatic emotes. I believe Alatriel told it to me once but regardless I have it set on my character and don't need to use the astericks twice

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 08:43:59 am »
Quote from: Dremora
There is a command to simply turn off automatic emotes. I believe Alatriel told it to me once but regardless I have it set on my character and don't need to use the astericks twice

In addition to this, using: =e your_emoteshould specifically process an emote/animation command.  Actually if someone could verify that works with auto-emotes toggled off, that would be great. I would do it myself, but I can't at the moment (and probably not for several more days).

Acacea

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 10:08:44 am »
I never have automatic emotes turned on. Emotes still function when specifically told to do so.

Hellblazer

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 03:37:01 pm »
All true, but then those are all work around :P thanks for the input though.

anything