The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: More eye candy for Brac'ar's Fascinating Elemental Storm?  (Read 356 times)

Frendh

More eye candy for Brac'ar's Fascinating Elemental Storm?
« on: October 10, 2011, 03:02:23 pm »
How about giving each element its own colour for the vfx? While all of them do not look like elemental balls, acid arrow, fire arrow and ball lightning should be readily available to represent corresponding element instead of vanilla magic missile for all of them?

Dorganath

Re: More eye candy for Brac'ar's Fascinating Elemental Storm?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 06:04:37 pm »
I actually requested this when the spell was made, but it adds too much complexity to the spell implementation because NWN doesn't let us split missile storms like that, so each element would almost be like casting its own spell, and it just gets really ugly from that point on.

It would be pretty cool though, but it's not a practical implementation.

Dremora

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 08:13:16 pm »
Could several animations be used for the spell?E.g = The visua,l for say, a gedlee's electric hoop or the balls of electrcity visual combine with the magic missle effect and maybe throw in some flame/melf arrow visuals?
Just throwing the idea out there.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 08:24:55 pm »
Combining too many missile storms at the same time can really tax some people's video cards. It's not really "animations" in the usual sense but multiple calculated paths to multiple targets.

Like I said, I'd have liked it to be very sparkly and colorful, but it was deemed to not be practical back when we created it.

Chongo

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 10:15:43 pm »
Don't you get the damage vfx that is appropriate to the element type?  I know its not the ball, but I could've sworn I've seen little acid damage vfx on the actual target.

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 09:06:34 am »
I believe so, yes.  I was going to mention that above, but I'm unable to verify at the moment.

Dremora

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 10:19:19 am »
I've seen the acid effect, I believe, on enemies when they are stunned yeah.