The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: New rule suggestion regarding pack animals/horses  (Read 611 times)

Witch Hunter

Re: New rule suggestion regarding pack animals/horses
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 07:53:11 am »
It would also be nice to include it in the "town laws" (like in pranzis!)

It wouldn't be enforced of course, but when a DM is around it could be put to good use (again, like with Pranzis)! :)

Laldiien

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 08:29:41 am »
I am amused by the number of people posting for new laws/rules/guidelines. Prantz is a major PITA, and you want to bring that to the other cities? Yeah.
  How about this...Set the guards in every city to attack if you have a weapon drawn.(Make them level 20's, hasted, obviously)Have the Prantz gates strip your magic off you, then beat you if you are seen carrying heavy packages (encumbered). If you are caught breaking these rules, the Character you are playing is made unplayable for a minimum of one RL week. If you are thrown in jail, all the possesion you have on you are stripped and sold to pay for the food you will consume while in jail.
  Clamoring for rules has a way to come back and bite you in the butt. A better solution is to find the people and tune them up. I have complete confidence that you know at least one person who has their ox parked in a public area. Did you ask them to move it? Have you mentioned this in game to the characters you see? I park my ox in my house, in theGuildhall, or in the stable. Right now, I have no clue where it is, as it didn't transition with me when I zoned to Port Hempstead, and I don't feel like paying 250 True to find it.

Nibor21

RE: New rule suggestion regarding pack animals/horses
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 08:48:01 am »
I think people need to calm down here. The first issue is that EVERYONE has suddenly arrived in one of the starting towns with their oxen. The first they do is dump the oxen and go off exploring - as much as anything to find out where is safe for the oxen to be.

Given some time oxen will be returned to guild houses etc across the world. Karana has just left both Lightning-mane (her horse) and Thunder Hoof (her ox) behind the temple in Hempstead. They will be moved next time she goes past.

Now there will be more oxen in Hempstead and Vehl as is the nature of the game, but i would ask that if a stable be built then we copy the horse naming script to oxen. Oxen are all the same colour, all the same shape and size and hard to tell apart. Naming would make it easier to find them in the stable.

merlin34baseball

RE: New rule suggestion regarding pack animals/horses
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 05:15:43 pm »
Yep... If someone would let me know where to park my ox away from knuckleheaded adventurers dragging mosters in that will kill it I will be happy to oblige. And the statement made above about people just not knowing what is safe and what is not is absolutly correct.  I am not parking my oxe anywhere but deep in the town til I figure whats up with the new areas around.  I will not risk hours upon hours of crafted goods so I can make someone happy right this instant.  The oxen will migrate as people figure out whats going on in V3.
  Patience is a virtue.
  Thanks,
  Merlin34baseball

Fatherchaos

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 05:38:31 pm »
I've been trying to find the barn in Hempstead also (at least I know I'm not crazy now), unfortuantely my ox was left behind in the early starting area that lets you go to the ooc rooms etc (forgot to keep it as part of the party when I portaled out). I don't think Mr. Stinky ever left the ox shed in Hlint at all, so I can be sure I contributed to hellblazer's frustration. I had the joy of walking in one time to 15 or so oxes, clicking each one to see which was mine, and watching more oxes pop in, trapping me in the barn for a while. That was a riot. If anything, L, please include a larger stable barn near the crafting areas. Mr. Stinky misses the Husky :)