The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Npc quest suggestion  (Read 168 times)

Hellblazer

Npc quest suggestion
« on: September 09, 2010, 09:38:20 am »
One of the things that could make the world more appealing is to have more npc quests that doesn't necessarily hand out great amount of xp, but still would require balance parties to complete. This would bring out more people to play together and possibly even have people that don't usually play together to band to be able to do them.

There are many starting quest that you can do from level 1-8, and then there is a gap until you reach level 10 where there is a few that can be done. But once those are done I know only of two other quests that can be done by higher level characters.

So if it's permitted I and who ever else wants to join me, will try to come up with some npc quest ideas for groups that are past level 15+

Here's my first one

NPC quest suggestion for level 20+

Location fort george

Rescue a family that has been kidnapped and held for ransom.

The party has to go through the fire giants, to reach a small encampment where the family is held by a group of mercenaries.

The mercenaries at first would be set to neutral unless outright attacked.

3 possible choices of action

1-outright attack the mercenaries, which result in the party having to hurry to protect the family. They then have to find the key that is hidden in the camp. If they manage to find the key (high search check throughout the camp to find the hidden chest) the family is freed and set to auto follow.

2- try to parley with the mercenaries. Persuade and charisma check vs a dc chosen by the team will succeed in letting the family go. the family is set to auto follow. Failure on the dc will result in the mercenaries to attack the party and the family. If they manage to beat the mercenaries and find the key and protect the family, the family is set to auto follow.

3- They pay the mercenaries fee and the family is given to them set to (auto follow)

They have to bring back the family through the fire giants again, protecting them.

Once they reach fort George and speak to the npc handing the quest, they are given a reward of the team choosing.

Hellblazer

Npc quest suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 10:02:07 am »
Party target range 15+

The young son of a village council men is sick. The cure being hard to do requires a rare extract of a plant, and the only one able to do the cure are at the Az'attan temple of Audira. The team is sent to search the plant which is guarded by fierce beasts. If they succeed in getting the plant they have to bring it to the Az'attan temple. Once they have the cure, they have to bring it back to the village council member so he can administer it to his child.

Once the child is cured the npc handing the quest hands out the reward chosen by the team.

anything