The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: PC constructs  (Read 188 times)

drgn_hntr_alpha

• View Profile
    PC constructs
    « on: August 29, 2006, 12:23:50 pm »
    iv been thinking about it and i believe players should have the chance to have a race similar to the warforged in D&D, a subrace.

im not sure how possible this is, but i do believe it is my ideas are:
      1. How they look, iv experimented some and have found that players, in any non-subrace could look like a construct by only using metallic color for skin and hair.
      2.ability adjustments, these can be the same as the warforged +2 CON, -2 WIS, -2 CHA
      3.Special characteristics, i.e. sleeping (or not) and eating, possobly a diety could be made for this race only, or that the beings are advanced enough to use food
      and water to power them, and for sleep it can be RP'd that they dont need it, resting can be so as they might have internal systems that repair thembut cannot
      be active while they are.
      4.healing, healing kits may also contain what is needed to repair these beings or, maybe a diety has the power to convert any healing to repairing (it is a
      god/goddes after all)
      5.healing spells, instead of healing these spells will instead repair, magic of any kind doesnt need an explanation of how it works, or a diety can be the one to convert it

i am still think of the details on this, but i just thought this might be an intresing addition, and a good chance for a diffrent RP experience.

drgn_hntr_alpha a.k.a. Kralys everscar

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
      • View Profile
    Re: PC constructs
    « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 12:41:20 pm »
    the Warforged seams way overpowered in my opinion. The only way to balance them is to give like ECL 5 or something. I thought i saw something of this new race in NWN2 or maybe it was something else i was looking at, i dont recall. They just seamed way to powerful, and i dont think they would fit in Layo.

drgn_hntr_alpha

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 01:36:40 pm »
      im not saying warforged is the way to go, im saying somthing similar to the warforged, in other words a construct, robot if you wish, which can be modified to be balance with the other races

Varnart

• Followers of Aragen
        • Followers of Lucinda
        • Followers of Rofirein
        • View Profile
      « Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 02:02:34 pm »
      I don't know, how the hell are warforged overpowered? Honestly, every single time I made a warforged in a PnP game, he died, regardless of how well the others fared. They get affected by both humanoid- and construct-targetting spells and effects. Sure, they get a few nifty things: not needing to breathe, sleep, or eat, get an armor bonus and can be enchanted as if they were armor, a 1d4 slam attack... yeah, they're pretty good, but they don't get nearly close to overpowered with a smart DM, which is something we have no shortage of here in Layo.

D Blaze

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 02:05:47 pm »
      But in allowing a player to make a construct character(this kinda reminds me of when the thought of undead characters came around), you get into the whole area of construct properties, mainly the immunities as they are not truly living beings, just sentient.

Also, Layonara is mostly a 'natural' world, and by that I mean nature is the most dominating force out there, not the deities, not magic, nature itself is a very tangible thing(at least in my opinion), and the servants of nature (clerics, druids, rangers, whatever) would never let something so unnatural to come into existance as anything resembling a warforged. The only reason things like the Bone Dragon Golem was able to happen, was because Eon had Blood helping him make it happen.
      If any character like this were to be made, it would not be of this world (layonara), and would likely have to come from a plane like Mechanus, and I am very certain that there is now a ban on characters coming from anywhere other than Layonara. So the idea is rather shot.
      It was still interesting, but so high in probability of not happening, that putting too much continued thought into it would just be a waste of breath.

Xandor Loriland

• Followers of Aeridin
        • View Profile
      « Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 02:15:11 pm »
      Maybe not as PCs but it might be interesting to have a new area of crafting that would allow a spell caster to create a construct.  Like a familiar or summon.  They could be expendable in terms of when they die they are gone and you can't unsummon them.  It would be cool to be able to make an adamantium golem for instance.  Someone is making them out there.  I mean how many golems are there.  Where is the golem factory in Berhagen?  Maybe the PCs could go ask the workers in the golem factory how to make them.  :)

crazedgoblin

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 03:18:28 pm »
      Xandor Loriland - 8/29/2006 10:15 PM Maybe not as PCs but it might be interesting to have a new area of crafting that would allow a spell caster to create a construct. Like a familiar or summon. They could be expendable in terms of when they die they are gone and you can't unsummon them. It would be cool to be able to make an adamantium golem for instance. Someone is making them out there. I mean how many golems are there. Where is the golem factory in Berhagen? Maybe the PCs could go ask the workers in the golem factory how to make them. :)

*votes for this* i like this!

D Blaze

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 03:23:46 pm »
      Also, this idea about making your own golem was thought of before, here.

anything