The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Eye of the storm  (Read 271 times)

Hellblazer

Eye of the storm
« on: March 22, 2007, 04:03:48 am »
Ther is a loft for ooc talk in the eye of the storm, but from my understanding no way to get back there unless sent to it by a restart and even then be automaticaly portaled back to your last saved location.

Will it ever be accessible?

Weeblie

Re: Eye of the storm
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 04:24:42 am »
It's not supposed to be accessable in any other mean, as there is simply no reason to. All the head/tatoo/skin color/etc... customizations are only meant for freshly created level 1 characters (I believe the stations are even going to check your XP and simply not giving you the option to do anything in case you have more than 1 XP).

Sometimes, when you port between servers, and especially the Quest server, you get "stuck" at that locating without being automaticly ported out. Simply leave the normal way and you will be given the choice to select which server/location you want to end up at.

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 05:58:36 am »
I meant why have an area called the lounge, in the eye of the storm, meant for having a place where player can meet each other and discuss oocly, if there is no way to go back?

Kindo

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 08:30:04 am »
It seems a bit redundant to have character fixes only available up until you leave the area for the first time. I'm certain not everyone can check if they spelled their Deity's name correct the second after they log on. That is usually something you notice after a while, and by then it's already too late. I would personally love this place to be accessible even after you've left the area, and include something that will allow you to correct errors or add details to your character's description. That, if anything, would be extremely useful. Keep in mind, though, I have no idea how the mechanics work on this. If it can't be done, it can't be done.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 08:37:52 am »
yeah i also saw the lounge, should be open for anyone really.

allneal

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 09:53:05 am »
    Quote from: Kindo
    It seems a bit redundant to have character fixes only available up until you leave the area for the first time. I'm certain not everyone can check if they spelled their Deity's name correct the second after they log on. That is usually something you notice after a while, and by then it's already too late. I would personally love this place to be accessible even after you've left the area, and include something that will allow you to correct errors or add details to your character's description. That, if anything, would be extremely useful. Keep in mind, though, I have no idea how the mechanics work on this. If it can't be done, it can't be done.

I second this I picked a head for my PC that i'm not exactly happy with and would love too change. However i'm not soo unhappy that i want too start over.  i just picked a bad head for RP

Eight-Bit

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 10:02:47 am »
    A GM can port you to the Eye of the Storm if necessary, or fix anything the lounge can fix mostly.

As for an OOC chatting area, we have IRC for that. Less resources, you don't take up game space, and do not contribute to server lag for the people that are RPing.

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 10:07:58 am »

Redundant?  Not sure I follow.

The reason for having character fixes for the first logon only is so that people don't just keep going back and changing their character's appearance, deity or whatever else on a whim.

Part of the point of having it though is so that someone can check all this stuff, including correct spelling of the deity and subrace fields and change them if needed. And also deal with the special appearances for subraces like half-giant without needing GM interaction.

Regarding a character's description, to my knowledge there is no way this can be changed in-game.  The same goes for name changes, in case that was being thought of as well.

Kindo

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 10:55:06 am »
    Quote from: Eight-Bit
    A GM can port you to the Eye of the Storm if necessary, or fix anything the lounge can fix mostly.
    So the NPC's there have been fixed in the update, then? Previously, they wouldn't even talk to me. Otherwise, I see how it wouldn't be too much hassle, even though I often want to refrain from asking any DM's help for such matters.

Quote from: Dorganath
    Part of the point of having it though is so that someone can check all this stuff, including correct spelling of the deity and subrace fields and change them if needed. And also deal with the special appearances for subraces like half-giant without needing GM interaction.
    Then maybe more information would be required. I do not think everyone thinks of exploring the area, if they want to jump into the world immediately. It is easy to miss the stairs leading to the Deity- and appearance-fixers. What if there is a way to return there as long as you are on Level 1? Just to make it clear, I do not think of this as an exceptionally important topic of discussion, I have just felt, myself, that it's easy to miss out on it. That is why I called it redundant, since I bet many people didn't even notice the area to begin with.

Quote from: Dorganath
    Regarding a character's description, to my knowledge there is no way this can be changed in-game. The same goes for name changes, in case that was being thought of as well.
    I see. Description- and name-changes must be taken care of by those with access to the Server Vault, then. It's too bad... I know such a feature for description-changes would be very useful.

Dorganath

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 11:10:32 am »
    So the NPC's there have been fixed in the update, then? Previously, they wouldn't even talk to me. Otherwise, I see how it wouldn't be too much hassle, even though I often want to refrain from asking any DM's help for such matters.

No, they haven't.

And you should not refrain from asking for help if there is a legitimate problem that needs to be fixed.  That's part of the reason why we're here! :)

Then maybe more information would be required. I do not think everyone thinks of exploring the area, if they want to jump into the world immediately. It is easy to miss the stairs leading to the Deity- and appearance-fixers. What if there is a way to return there as long as you are on Level 1? Just to make it clear, I do not think of this as an exceptionally important topic of discussion, I have just felt, myself, that it's easy to miss out on it. That is why I called it redundant, since I bet many people didn't even notice the area to begin with.

The reason there is not more information about this is that this feature has not been implemented yet. We have only put down the placeholders for the system (some of the scripts, placeables, etc.)

Rest assured that when it is in fact in place and ready for use, there will be an announcement and most likely some kind of notice or sign in the Eye of the Storm area itself which will be easily visible.

Patience. :)

Kindo

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 11:18:51 am »
    Well, then. That's clear enough for me.