NWN Discussions and Suggestions > NWN Ideas, Suggestions, Requests

Ranged Weapon Adding a title

(1/2) > >>

Guardian 452:
Fighters and Weapon Masters can give your melee weapon a title now.

It is my understanding that no one can add a Title to your ranged weapon... Bow, Crossbow, Sling etc.

I would like to request that Rangers be given the ability to Title all ranged weapons.

Thanks

G-452

EdTheKet:
Actually, despite popular views, rangers are not specialized ranged weapon users they are often made out to be.

There is nothing in the ranger feat or skill list that actually pertains to ranged weapons.
LORE: ranger

In fact, with feats like Dual-Wield and Two Weapon Fighting it's more like them being non-ranged.

Guardian 452:
Alrighty then Mr Picky :P  LOL  

Can SOME class in game be given the ability to Title ranged weapons?

G-452

miltonyorkcastle:
I'm not actually sure why ranged weapons were not set up to be titled by warrior classes to begin with, but I'm guessing it was either a coding issue, or a balance issue in that ranged weapons got a serious power boost at the same time titling was introduced for melee weapons.

I'm sure Orth or OneSt8 could bring some more clarity to the issue.

Also, you should check out [LORE]Item Enhancements[/LORE] and [LORE]Unlimited Ammunition Training[/LORE].

orth:
It was simply a matter of giving the melee classes some what of a cool RP bonus that went along with the "finishing" XP bonus.  If we were to let rangers title their bows, then why not rogues their daggers, bards their instruments, wizards their staffs, monks their gloves etc.  As already stated by Ed as well there's nothing that specifically attaches a ranger to the bow moreso then other classes, it's just the way they tend to be used.  It would actually make more sense that Arcane Archers would get this then Rangers.

GMs can and have retitled items for RP flavour of course, so if you're interested in setting up a reason for that with a GM perhaps they can help you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version