The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Under-used Areas  (Read 388 times)

Jilseponie Wyndon

Under-used Areas
« on: June 07, 2012, 11:47:07 am »
I have found through discussions that some areas appear to be quite under-used.  Or mainly only used as a place to quickly pass through to get elsewhere.  One  example:  Hurm.  The port city has no crafthall.  The surrounding areas have so little in the way of cnr, yet the area is populated with such nice scenery.  There are forts and small populated areas (Towns if you can call them that) Orc's Watch, Bloody Gate, Lans Port, Stone, Wolfwood is huge, High Pass Fort, Xora's Tower, Thorns Keep, Audria, , the place outside Audria only reachable by ship and I'm sure there are a great many others.  So much beauty and work that the Creators and the player base have made that are seen so little of.

Would it be alot of work to put at least maybe one Static Quest person in these places?  And maybe someone like a town cryer (That doesn't shout all the time) but someone in charge that could tell a story or brief history of the place?

Something like this would promote more wandering, share a bit more history with the populace on whats been done by the player base.  It would also get groups out to other places instead of the regular grind of the cnr.  With these places spread all over the map, more folk would be spending more time doing that and less grinding the deep or the Forest of Fog.  

Sure, the low levels see alot of Center and the surrounding countryside, but when you get up in your teens, it becomes "Old Hat" and you fall into the CNR grind run.  Maybe make them level specific to prevent lower levels from wiping them out early.  

Say for instance .... My char Melody ... when she reaches lvl 15, it would be something like ...

"Well Miss, you sure have made a name for yourself around Center and Port Hempstead, your skills have greatly improved over the years, maybe you should get out and see more of the world, as there are so many other places to see and many more folk that may need a person with skills such as yours ..."

You folk have put alot of work in into creating this wonderful place, and the player base has made alot of history there,  I can understand the Great Library not annotating these things, but if there was an NPC at each place that told a brief story about thier location (What town wouldn't be proud of their accomplishments?) It would encourage others to have their characters to do the same and/or appreciate what players have done to make the world such as it is.

Just a thought, a possibility, that came to me after the server crashed :)

anything