The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Epic Reputation...  (Read 131 times)

Nuzatch

• Followers of Aragen
    • Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
Epic Reputation...
« on: June 24, 2005, 02:39:00 am »
I was reading through the PrC's and such at

http://nwnprc.netgamers.co.uk/manual/index.html

and I saw Epic Reputation and thought given the nature of epic characters on Layo and what they go through, it might be a neat bonus feat to be granted to every player level 21 and up.  Given that you have to do something "epic" why wouldn't far more people have heard of you, and your word mean a little bit more?

Even if it was like a +2 to all bluff, intimidate, persuade, and gather information checks, it's just a small thing, but a very interesting one nonetheless.  Just a thought.

IDii

RE: Epic Reputation...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 02:58:00 am »
Being epic doesn't necessarily mean that everyone everywhere knows you. I mean, yeah... epic sounds like that but it's really not that in D&D.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 03:34:00 pm »
Isnt epic reputation already a choosable feat in NWN?

ZeroVega

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 03:41:00 pm »
  Yeah, Nuz just wants it as an automatic feat for any character on Layo that hits Epic. I understand that not all Epics will have such a reputation, but to me, that's a big requirement for going Epic. Having your reputation out there. I kinda like it.

Pankoki

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 03:48:00 pm »
Nah I don't think its a good idea. The epic reputation feat covers a wide arrange of skills that one who has worked towards getting noticed should get, not every epic character does this. Ta'karsh is a gruff cloistered individual, his focus is to not to get known but to forge wonders for Dorand. But in like Remiel's epic his name became known across the land as Toran's Justicar, so he would have roleplaying reasons to take the feat. On the same token, Reggub is known by very few and are mostly old players, and even fewer know what happened in his epic or who he answers to now.

Frendh

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 09:10:00 am »
I wouldn't want epic reputation on Ender if he happened
to get into epic lvls.