The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: using bandages and potions when shifted  (Read 259 times)

HooD!uM

using bandages and potions when shifted
« on: March 22, 2006, 11:32:49 am »
Firstly, i can use potions to heal myself while shifted, but alas i cannot use bandages or targetable potions..could the dm team have a look at this and see if we could change it to usable when shifted?

Dorganath

RE: using bandages and potions when shifted
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 11:55:17 am »
Well...heh...it's more likely that self-use potions should not be usable at all while shifted rather than making the targetable stuff usable in shifted form primarily because it doesn't make any sense to do so. A bear or wolf or whatever would lack the proper manual dexterity to drink or bandage while shifted. Furthermore, your possessions are shifted into your form with you, so it's not like your shifted form is carrying your bag of goodies, wearing your armor, etc.
  I think the reason why the self-use stuff is usable and the targeted things are not is due to the fact that the self-use potions are Bioware standard potions, and it would actually be quite a bit of work to make it so they can't be usable.

steverimmer

Re: using bandages and potions when shifted
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 01:10:19 pm »
Yeah it is a real pain though that you can't use them even though I understand the reasoning behind it, as Dorganath says.  However in my opinion it would go someway towards the endurance bug that causes death on shifting back from animal form even though you are still alive as an animal.  Nothing worse than getting into a fight winning, and then finding yourself in the position of not being able to revert back to your original form since to do so would mean immediate death, and of course you can't use a potion to heal yourself, so you're stuck.

HooD!uM

Re: using bandages and potions when shifted
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 02:56:28 pm »
well i agree with the animals not being able to heal..but what about the humanoid shaps drow, lizzie..etc etc..they would be start enough to know how to heal themselves....