The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Mosquitoes.  (Read 439 times)

Hellblazer

Mosquitoes.
« on: July 14, 2011, 03:14:19 am »
Would there be a way to change the mosquitoes so they are actually hittable by a player that is not already into attack mode?

My pally just got killed by a mosquito spawn as I wasn't able to click on it to defend myself (being stuck beside the moors witch, the mosquitoes and the area architecture couldn't move away either until it was too late no DT thankfully). Kinda funny.. but at the same time.. quite sad.

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: Mosquitoes.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 03:18:39 am »
This is working as intended. Swarms are a difficult challenge to face, but can be overcome in several ways that spring immediately to mind.

Try bringing an arcane spellcaster along.

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 03:28:13 am »
yeah I know.. but at the time.. was the only one on the server still am hehe (I'm the king of.. *coughs anyhow*) Just seems a bit odd that mosquitoes could actually kill someone. You know? :p  Must be frigging big mosquitoes.. which means should be hittable with a sword!

Pibemanden

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 03:30:04 am »
Alchemist fire might be a better solution for those non caster classes ;)

Nehetsrev

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 09:53:11 am »
Quote from: Pibemanden
Alchemist fire might be a better solution for those non caster classes ;)
 Alchemist's Fire rarely lasts long enough, however, I've found a common torch works well.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 12:55:58 pm »
Quote from: Nehetsrev
Alchemist's Fire rarely lasts long enough, however, I've found a common torch works well.

That's a good idea for PnP, but sadly, torches don't do much in NWN.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 01:10:54 pm »
You throw the alchemists fire as a grenade and it can hurt the mosquitoes.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 02:03:19 pm »
Quote from: Stephen_Zuckerman
That's a good idea for PnP, but sadly, torches don't do much in NWN.

Really?  Huh...  Maybe it was on another server that I killed swarms with a lit torch then.  I also recall a server I played on where you had to use a torch on trolls once they were down, or a few second later they'd regenerate and get right back up again.