This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - orth
« on: December 19, 2019, 06:06:04 pm »
Greetings and best wishes for the holiday season everyone.
First off as of now a bonus event is running with the Soul Mother being inactive, extra GP and extra XP! I am not going to set an ending date quite yet so just enjoy it while it lasts.
Secondly as most of you probably know, NWN has had a new release and Layonara is still on the old release. I've been preparing for the migration to the new release and It's all ready, just need to test it out a bit more and turn the switch. I'm just holding off until I know most of the community will be ready to move to this new edition. Some older computers may not be able run NWN:EE 8196+ as it's 64 bit and requires a bit more GPU than the previous edition. Either way, we're going to have to migrate sooner or later so I'll buy a bit more time by testing the new version.
All the best,
I don't understand what exactly is happening.
Once you get to the lowest level you can't move forward, you're blocked?
You can't take the AT from Level 3 to Level 4?
Can you describe a bit better what happens?
Important Layonara Announcements / Re: Layonara is soon to be migrating to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition« on: November 02, 2019, 10:31:17 pm »
Get msg stating client and server versions do not match. Only place I see a version number is on the Options screen and there is a v74.8166 in upper right corner. Suggestions?
Weird, where did you get that version of NWN:EE? You should have 78.8186
Important Layonara Announcements / Re: Layonara is soon to be migrating to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition« on: October 24, 2019, 05:08:29 pm »
I only see two test characters under the same account. You'll need two accounts to play simultaneously with NWN:EE. Did you purchase two licenses? Perhaps you will need to update one of the cdkey.ini files to the other.
Important Layonara Announcements / Re: Layonara is soon to be migrating to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition« on: October 23, 2019, 05:59:14 pm »
Please create test characters, yes. I'm sorry I didn't get to this sooner. NWN is going to be getting a large patch soon and I'm working on the updates Layonara will require.
I can't seem to get my characters to transfer over. I created a test character as Emie Meadows2.
Hi there, happy to see you I've moved your PCs into your new vault.
« on: October 07, 2019, 03:50:29 pm »
You could just give your entire membership moderator privileges.
« on: October 07, 2019, 03:46:40 pm »
This functionality is only available to Administrators and I'm not giving Guild Forum Moderators entire Administrator privileges, it's not something I can just "enable". Even Gamemasters don't have any privileges to create/move/boards.
I'm not interested in spending time on forum software updates to somehow allow for this nor am I up for creating child boards each time the guild admins request one. You will have to make do with the one board you have I'm afraid.
All a Potion of Lore does is increase ones Lore by 17 or 18 for a few seconds. Once you drink it and examine an item it should help to identify but doesn't guarantee anything. Do you know what your Lore was after drinking?
The "Bar of Iron" came from the stock NWN crafting system. Probably a loot drop from ages ago that was accidentally added and serves no purpose and you can just toss it.
Renaming something with a quill and ink would not help anything. The crafting system doesn't look at the name of the item, it looks at its internal tag.
I just did a quick look through the Basher's chests and don't see anything else that looks out of sorts. Let me know what are the other items.
Hello and welcome, if I had to summarize five points, here's what I'd say.
1. Don't be intimidated by all the rules and guidelines. They boil down mostly to "Don't ruin others' fun and don't game the system"
2. Submitting your first character can be daunting. Maybe consider something very simple to get you familiar with things in game, like a NG Fighter for example. Following the template makes it easy.
3. Join Discord to ask any questions or just to chat.
4. You begin on the continent of Mistone in a small town called Center, there are many NPCs around who are looking for help. If you can find another PC to help you out it will make things easier. You will be listed as Unknown to others until you introduce yourself with =c introarea John Doe for example. Others you will see will be listed as Unknown too until they introduce themselves to you.
5. The wiki currently has a lot of information but it's being migrated from an old system and we need more structure. The Game Systems page helps explain a lot of things that Layonara has added. Also be sure to check out the Beginner's Guide.
« on: September 29, 2019, 11:54:57 am »
You can now search or browse through all CNR Recipes on the wiki.