The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Dragon Storm Campaign: Kobal speaks to those that travelled with him to the Mountains  (Read 680 times)

Blackguy

Re: Dragon Storm Campaign: Kobal speaks to those that travelled
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 08:52:18 am »
* Lin'da chews on the words spoken by Katrien, she then responds to the story *

I thank you for sharing this story with us Katrien. I can only imagine what horrors lied beyond that place you spoke off. But its frightning to think of an evil that can go so unnoticed in this world, until it chooses to reveal itself. But what evil? Are we dealing with a diety, a new diety unnoticed by the plan of Layonara. Is it some long forgotton evil, from past wars. This is merely guessing, and it helps us no further along. I will stand aside on this one, and lets those that have actually felt, and seen this evil speak of it instead. But I fear that this is only the beginning.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 08:55:33 am »
**Kinai wrinkles her nose as she hears the story, understanding the going ons, but still rather lost**

So who exactly ARE we dealing with, then, or do we not know that?

LynnJuniper

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 09:10:16 am »
She mutters to herself

"What in the vilest realms are we dealing with..."

holding her head again, she thinks back to the powerful presence she felt, now taking in Katrien's story as well.

'if it killed Remi and Reventage and scared Plen so, what chance do we really have'

Dorganath

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 09:21:50 am »
*Connor lets his sister speak with far more ability and eloquence than he can usually muster.  When she finishes, he nods a bit and repeats, looking in Lin'da's direction.*

My sister speaks true...it is most assuredly not the Fletcher.  Both her full story and her visage are quite familiar to me...too familiar.  And she is, in fact, quite the epitome of Dark Elves.  As Kat said though, that is another story entirely, and one whose roots strike a very personal chord for those who know its breadth.

*he turns then to Kinai*

That is a question you keep asking, and one which would be answered if any of us knew.  Not all questions have fast answers.

blonde

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 10:40:06 am »
* Savin pulls back the hood that has covered his face since they sat down for the rest *

Our encounter with the eye from the deep has for many years now, been something few of us has spoken much about. Other more pressing affairs have kept us all occupied, and so, this "beast" has been allowed to remain hidden to most of the world.

Im not claiming any connection between these people we just fought and the eye from the deep, but when Kobal brought it up again, after all these years, I can't deny the coincidence.

* Savin stares into the blazing camp fire in the middle of the camp for a moment *

That said, the symbol of an eye is not an umcommon one. These people were under the control, or influence, of something powerful. The symbol of a watching eye seems fitting.

* Savin leans back against the rock behind him, letting the memory of the eye fill his mind *

LynnJuniper

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 11:10:56 am »
I'm still a bit confused..This happened somewhere under the realm of Shadison? geographically, where does this "beast" lay? I am in no way suggesting going back...that'd be insane..

If this is a power greater than Blood greater than Milara....it really makes you wonder what more is out there. Things we don't even know about yet? More troubles coming loose in addition to all we have. So much more...

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 11:20:56 am »
**she smiles sheepishly and holds her hands out in a shrug**

Just...You guys seem to know a lot, so I figured one of you had the answer. If not, I'll try to contribute also. There's just a ton of names, all that which I'm completely unfamiliar with...So...

**she falls into a brief silence, thinking**

What about those golem things we fought? Would there be a connection we could make through them? The story of the cave collapse and the same way the earth moaned as each died seem rather tied together, although I won't make any big assumptions.

**a hopeful smile crosses her face as she tries to be useful herself**

Dorganath

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 11:41:19 am »
*He answers both Rhynn and Kinai at the same time*

There's no way of knowing exactly where this beast lies geographically. Our journey started at Shadison's temple *he spits out the word* but we fell down, traveled more, fell further and descended into deep unfamiliar places with no points of reference. Days and nights blended. Passages wound as they descended.  It could be anywhere...even under a sea.

As for the constructs...  *shrugs a bit* I only know they were brought to be through arcane means.  Perhaps someone else found something in that last chamber of value or relevance. I don't think they're related to the story we have told of our first encounter with this being.  I have never seen the likes of these constructs before, and in the past, it was much more than the earth moaning...it shook violently, and opened up passages that had been closed for untold ages.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 11:44:46 am »
**she nods to him and looks to drogo**

It was sort of hard to follow what you found out in the cave earlier when you transformed. Did you find anything out when you touched the cave walls?

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 12:32:53 pm »
*looks to Rhynn*

Power is dificult teh meshuhr loike. Stronger den Bloodstone wit' his Pools workin' fer 'im? Nay loikely Oi'd say.

Bu' dere be differen' koin's of power. *shrugs* Oi bet we will foin' uht sooner rahder den later.

jrizz

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2007, 12:45:13 pm »
*wren looks around*
I thank you for this information, the more we know the better off we all will be.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2007, 12:47:09 pm »
**she pauses slightly, a flicker of an expression flitting across her face**

Are we going to tell the others who were interested in the journey about this, or is this hush hush?

Gulnyr

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2007, 01:12:59 pm »
Jennara speaks softly.

There is nothing special about us simply because we traveled to the mountains.  This information should be available to anyone and everyone.

jrizz

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2007, 01:15:58 pm »
*wren nods at Jennara's words*
I will tell this tale to all who will listen to my bad telling of it
*he grins a little*

LynnJuniper

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2007, 01:17:54 pm »
looks to Kobal

Bloodstone is dead, this thing is not. That is my measurement for power.

however she nods along with his assertion

minerva

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2007, 01:49:16 pm »
*Kat waxes philosophical for a moment*

Does evil ever truely die?

What we are, what we know, or think we know, is but a spec of quartz in the hourglass of time.

*she draws out her flute to play a simple tune.. one of a curious cat.. as if to comfort herself and those around her*

Ozy_Llewellyn

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2007, 02:19:31 pm »
Ozymandias looks up from from his journle wiping his lips of blood

Ahem, Ha ha ha. That enough for you? Hrmph, I will leave this for wizards of intelect and power to explane.

mutters about heroes resuming writing humming his infamus dirge under his breath as he limps along behind the group

Falonthas

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2007, 06:58:51 pm »
:looks up:when i touched the walls of the cave i sensed the earth was drained

that its very essense was sad,but i have never come across feelings from stone before
trees yes,but never stone

i think these constructs we ripped from the stone almost like part of its very lifeforce

the earth,water,fire,and air all have life

but this was almost like when you heal a friend who is only an instant from passing

alive still,but almost not alive if that makes sense

anything