The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: halfgiants amok  (Read 511 times)

Gunther

halfgiants amok
« on: April 11, 2007, 12:52:02 am »
This idea actually sprang from a thread that got started recently.  But its more of a ripoff of the game 'arcanum'.

Mad wizard (arent they all) plots world domination via his enforced breeding project of giants and humans, making a halfgiant that is more obediant and brighter than a giant, and less morally encumbered than a human.  Also, obviously I guess, much stronger than the average human.

I didnt really flesh the idea out any further than that, but it might be good for a single, one day quest, to find the lair, stop the halfgiant horde and the wizard.

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: halfgiants amok
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 02:52:46 am »
Or just... Giants. Y'know.

Drizzlin

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 11:27:35 am »
Stop them? Why not go take over!?!

GUNTHER!! ROAR! I miss you man, hope to see you in game.

Gunther

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 01:49:38 am »
I cant envision too many giants being all that comfortable with a human/elvish/gnomish/whatever wizard for their leader.  They dont seem that sociable.  Or bright enough to be sociable and amenable to such leadership.  I think they'd constantly plot aganst someone of such a puny stature.  Even if constantly cowed and suppressed, they'd probably plot.

I tend to think halfgiants would be more susceptible to a reasoned approach, especially if there was material gain involved.

But then giants could work too, just not quite as twisted and mysterious.  I like the concept of..."hey!  Where are all these halfgiant raiders coming from."  Especially if they are a disciplined, cohesive fighting unit, rather than run of the mill bandits.