The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Lizardmen  (Read 332 times)

Fista

• View Profile
    Lizardmen
    « on: July 28, 2005, 01:40:00 pm »
    Just went over by the swamps today, and bashing those lizardfolk I couldn't resist thinking how cool they are..
    So, as you might quess I'm asking if there is going to be implemented a playable lizardfolk race in the game...?
    Since there are orcs, goblins, drow, half giants, wemics and all that.. I think lizardmen would fit in nice.

Thanks. ^^

Eight-Bit

RE: Lizardmen
    « Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 02:04:00 pm »
    Fista - 7/28/2005  4:40 PM

Just went over by the swamps today, and bashing those lizardfolk I couldn't resist thinking how cool they are..
    So, as you might quess I'm asking if there is going to be implemented a playable lizardfolk race in the game...?
    Since there are orcs, goblins, drow, half giants, wemics and all that.. I think lizardmen would fit in nice.

Thanks. ^^

Something tells me this is just one more angry, and evil sub-race that people will make into the generic "stupid, ugly, but cute and with a good heart" character. But they are pretty sick looking.

Ripped right from a SRD. They're ECL one.

+2 Strength, +2 Constitution, –2 Intelligence.

Medium size.

A lizardfolk’s base land speed is 30 feet.

Racial Hit Dice: A lizardfolk begins with two levels of humanoid, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +1, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +0, Ref +3, and Will +0.

Racial Skills: A lizardfolk’s humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 5 x (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Balance, Jump, and Swim. Lizardfolk have a +4 racial bonus on Balance, Jump, and Swim checks.

Racial Feats: A lizardfolk’s humanoid levels give it one feat.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A lizardfolk is automatically proficient with simple weapons and shields.

+5 natural armor bonus.

Natural Weapons: 2 claws (1d4) and bite (1d4).

Special Qualities (see above): Hold breath.

Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Goblin, Gnoll, Orc.

Favored Class: Druid.

Level adjustment +1.

Drop the AC bonus to 1 and they're perfect.

General_Ski

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 02:06:00 pm »
      If they'll be in. I recommend ECL of 5.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 02:14:00 pm »
      General_Ski - 7/28/2005  5:06 PM

If they'll be in. I recommend ECL of 5.

That's a little much for something that is worse than an Aasimar or Tiefling. They don't get any other bonuses, other than the +2 Strength and Constitution, along with a +5 natural bonus to AC which I seriously hope is reduced to 0 or +1.

Fista

• View Profile
        « Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 02:18:00 pm »
        hmm.. If you think about the fact we aren't allowed to make evil characters... I'm not surprised so many people go with the good hearted stupid one :)  .. Myself I'd make a savage and cunning beast.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 02:19:00 pm »
        Fista - 7/28/2005  5:18 PM

hmm.. If you think about the fact we aren't allowed to make evil characters... I'm not surprised so many people go with the good hearted stupid one :)  .. Myself I'd make a savage and cunning beast.

Being unpolite and having little social skills, or just not being cute, does not make someone evil. :P

Fista

• View Profile
          « Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 02:23:00 pm »
          Well, honestly I don't know about being unpolite for i don't have that kind of a character.. except Dagon but he's silent most of the time :P .. And actually I've seen those half giants act their parts quite well!

General_Ski

• View Profile
            « Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 02:24:00 pm »
            No. But if unlike Aasimar tieflings get hit on cha. Also bonuses to AC con and str withoug penalties. Come on. This reeks powergaming 101.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 08:50:00 pm »
            cha is a much weaker penalty than int.

Without the huge AC bonus (+1 instead of +5) they're pretty much ECL 1.

If implemented as a subrace here, they would not get their racial HD, and they dont have any spell like abilities (spell like abilities are a big factor in ECL)

Fista

• View Profile
              « Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 03:19:00 am »
              Hmm, as for me, I wouldn't care about the stats.. the fact we'd get yet another cool race to already great layonara is enough. ^^

General_Ski

• View Profile
                « Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 07:42:00 am »
                Ok how about this. Guards might let drow into town. And they would attack lizard/dragon looking creatures on sight.. You people forget that. Half the special subraces would not be allowed into Hliny under normal circumstances (wemics, drow, duergar, lizardmen, perhaps even brownies, unless they sneak in). Also con bonus and str bonus and ac bonus, still reeks power gaming. Basically creating a super dwarf.

Fista

• View Profile
                  « Reply #11 on: July 29, 2005, 02:24:00 pm »
                  Well, after all.. It's supposed to be the PC's who act the racism out.. but heh, we don't have pvp so that mostly just comes to spitting and ignoring. but yes, somekind of guard reaction would be nice too.. like you'd have to either persuade some guards at the gate, sneak in, or kill them. ^^

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
                    • Followers of Toran
                    • View Profile
                  « Reply #12 on: July 29, 2005, 03:26:00 pm »
                  Why should world-weary travellers who have seen near everything be more racist than NPCs who have never left the town they were born in?

I think the NPCs should be FAR more racist than the players ... but for game mechanic reason, I do not know if that is possible without a GM being there ...

General_Ski

• View Profile
                    « Reply #13 on: July 29, 2005, 04:41:00 pm »
                    Well I know some races get arrested on Karthy. And I have heard/seen scripts that allow town guard to arrest and teleport those with unsheathed weapons in to jail. But that also means that there is guard outside of town gates... Inside guard does the arresting. Oh and jail gates open only once a day or if someone comes and pays bail for you.

Fista

• View Profile
                      « Reply #14 on: July 30, 2005, 11:51:00 am »
                      That'd be cool. Then we could all go laugh at the drow behind the bars! wonderful!

Fista

• View Profile
                        « Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 12:18:00 pm »
                        Eh, This one has ended up on the drow again, but still I'd like to enforce my wish for a playable Lizardman race.  :)  Thank you. *goes down to the floor and starts to slither around like a lizard* "Hissss..."

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 01:10:00 pm »
                        GNoll PCS!!! Rawr!

Fista

• View Profile
                          « Reply #17 on: September 22, 2005, 01:39:00 pm »
                          heheh, Welcome to Hlint Zoo... A taste of what you will see today is: drow, wemic, brownie, goblin, orc, giant, ogre, gnoll, lizardmen... :)
                          .. anyway pleasepleasepleaseprettypleasedoubletripleplease make lizardmen available. ^^

steverimmer

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2005, 02:00:00 pm »
                          Heh I've always liked the Satyrs....now that would be a race to play :)

aragwen

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 04:02:00 am »
                          oh yes....Satyr Ranger......that would be way cool...
                            Some Satyrs faught besides us on the drow quest, when we had to find the flower and that was great to have them not put arrows in my back for once.