The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Rose's Forum CDQ  (Read 3341 times)

Rowana

Rose's Forum CDQ
« on: October 14, 2013, 05:59:13 pm »

Hello Everyone,

We are conducting an experiment on CDQs run via forum inter-action. The (mostly willing) victim of our experiment is Rose (Alatriel). This is part two of a CDQ started some months ago that due to various reasons on both our sides has been time bubbled FOREVER. So we're going to resolve that during this experiment. I'm doing this in an open forum for several reasons, not the least of which being the experiment itself but also so that a forum doesn't have to be created so everyone involved can participate. I could do this but, the exposure of the experiment might be worth it so hey.

Anyway, so I have some rules that need to go on record for this experiment (just like any experiment needs parameters). The first set of rules goes for the general population.

• Folks, if you're not apart of the CDQ, please don't post in the thread. To be apart of the CDQ you need an invite from Alatriel and I (both).

• Nothing that's posted here should be treated like general knowledge. Don't talk about it ICly without permission from Alatriel or I. I'm going to be a bit of a stickler on this. So if someone else talks to you/your character about the events don't assume they were given permission, just hit her and/or I up with a quick PM or IRC message to make sure. It's not rumor around the Xeenite temples, it's not gossip in Kartherian or any other option unless I say it is... For now, just enjoy the story on the OOC level until something more public comes around (which it will, eventually, because Rose is kind of crazy like that).

• If you do have some feedback on this, pleaaaaaaaaase send it to me via PM or IRC message. Very open to thoughts and observations about this.

If you ARE on the quest, these are your rules:

• This quest will run for two weeks. Excepting some extenuating possible circumstances, wherever we are at at the end of that time frame is where the CDQ resolves. Please make sure you participate regularly and don't hold people up. For completeness this quest will run from the 14th of October to the 28th of October (midnight CST).

• All PMs between you regarding this quest need to CC me please.

• If a player is waiting to progress but is stuck waiting for me on something, please PM me or IRC message me and post in the thread something to the effect of “//waiting on PM”.

• This event is timebubbled. Despite the quest time being a two week period, the events will take place over only a handful of days (exact number dependent upon the participants) and actually took place some considerable time in the past (as the time moves in Layo anyway). Do not take this into IG play until after I release you.

• If there are any issues, any at all, please bring them to me as soon as possible. This is an experiment so there is literally no telling what issues may arise so please don't hesitate to bring them to me.

• Lastly, your feedback is also very valuable so please consider a run down on your experiences at the end of the quest event!

What's next?
I will be posting up a quick recap for the players to have starting place sometime today. If you need to please get with Alatriel over today and prepare yourselves for the next days. If you have more indepth questions about what previously happened please get with me!

Thanks!
~row

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, ShiffDrgnhrt, Lance Stargazer

Rowana

Ha-ha. Tricked you (October
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 02:43:36 pm »

Ha-ha. Tricked you (October right?) recap is in your inboxes.
~row

Rowana

Quest dates start and end
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 01:01:45 am »

Quest dates start and end have been bumped up beginning now 18th Oct to 1st Nov due to GM roadblock. From here, posts should be assumed IC RP unless marked //...

~row

Rowana

P { margin-bottom:
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 01:31:00 am »

Several days pass within the halls of the temple, Rose kept secluded within. While she is tended to a small degree, expectations of her slowly begin to manifest. At first she is required to tend her room to a specific level of order an cleanliness. A couple of days later she is required to come out for an evaluation of her abilities.

This session is exhaustive, causing her to do so many things over and over, testing her capacity for divinations as well as her other skills until she is practically a hollow husk. Despite the rigger, they are kind to her and when it is over she is taken back to the room. A luxurious meal is brought to her that includes several bottles of wine. Her attendants (Bree, Mai and Ember) arrive at some point in the late evening and see to her comfort, but also to manage her intake, making sure she appropriately replenishes herself even if she doesn't feel particularly hungry.

The next day begins another round of testing. This day focuses completely on divinations, though nothing of it is especially hard for Rose until she becomes weary. Still they push her. She barely remembers returning to her room and being tended.

The following day she's left to her own devices within the room, though expected to keep up after herself, keep the room clean and the like.

Alatriel

Rose's eyes open as the
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 07:51:31 am »

Rose's eyes open as the sunlight streaks in through her window and she groans softly as her headache blooms with the first moments of awareness.  She rolls over and presses her face into the mattress and takes a few breaths.  Last night was foggy.  Not uncommon in the house of the Mistress, but this was different.  Still, through the fog, instructions, spoken in a voice similar to her own, whisper to her through her mind, and yet muffled as her own lips speak them into the bedding.

"Get up Rose.  It's time to get up."

A few moments pass before she pushes herself up and steadies herself as she gains her orientation against the daylight.  It doesn't take long before she pulls herself to the window and closes the curtains, sighing in relief as the dimmer light relieves some of the stabbing pain behind her eyes.  She pours a bowl of water and begins to wash, which seems to bring her more into awareness and little by little as she makes the bed and eats a small amount of breakfast, the pain begins to subside.  After dressing in a simple shift, she sits by the window and opens the curtains again, resting her head against the wall as she stares outside to watch the people pass in the streets.

Rowana

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in;
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 02:10:28 am »

She finds her room faces out into the inner courtyard instead though sees plenty of people passing to and fro, some lingering about doing what Xeenites do in these places. She knows the courtyard somewhat, from fleeting memories of the various times she has been installed here. It is a lesser courtyard with only a small amount of cultivation and some grown cooking things. At least she thinks those are spices...

Very little of note happens though she finds herself smiled or otherwise acknowledged by a few of the passers by.

Later in the day more food is brought though a fair amount of it requires some preparation on her part, clearly not a tray served to a Lady but it is warm, filling and tasty. More wine comes as well, giving her a fair few bottles in the room at her disposal. A note is included with her instructions for the day, the same small chores she has been expected off and on since her arrival.

Alatriel

Rose reads the note and then
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 11:50:10 am »

Rose reads the note and then looks back at the room.

"Make the bed.  Make sure everything is in order. 

"I know Mistress. 

"Then stop sitting and do it.

"Yes, Mistress."

She gets up and sets about her chores in her room, rewarding herself with a few sips of wine after each task is complete until the room is once again presentable.  Appetite still lacking, she eats a few bites from the tray before sitting down again with her back to the wall, waiting with her thoughts distant.

Alatriel

After some time passes Rose
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 01:10:17 pm »

After some time passes Rose reemerges from her thoughts and looks down at her empty wine glass, and then the door.  She pulls herself up off the floor and runs her fingers through her long hair to remove a few tangles before venturing out into the larger temple to see what the afternoon holds.

Dorganath

About this time, Bree comes
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 11:16:17 am »

About this time, Bree comes down the hall toward Rose's room. She stops Rose in the hallway and makes her usual inquiries, doing so in a way that causes Rose to focus on Bree's questions and the answers she requires. She directs Rose back to her room, continuing her questions and requests designed to keep Rose's attention and to keep her thoughts close.  While she finds most of Rose's room in order and at least satisfactory, Bree expresses disappointment at the barely-eaten meal.  The next flurry of activity ends in Rose's meal being replaced by another fresh one with Bree staying and eating a snack of her own.

Alatriel

Rose fights to keep herself
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 12:05:08 pm »

Rose fights to keep herself focused on Bree's questions, but she starts to get a bit restless, moving from the window, to the bed, to the door, and back again.  When the food arrives, she takes a few more bites to appease Bree.  "Will they come for me again tonight, Priestess?"

Dorganath

"They may..." says Bree
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 10:51:21 pm »

"They may..." says Bree before pausing a bit. "Which 'they' do you mean, Dear?"

Alatriel

Rose pauses to contemplate
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 12:44:26 am »

Rose pauses to contemplate the question a moment and looks back at Bree somewhat perplexed.  "They.  They wanted me to look for things, to show them what I could do.  You can see them, too, right?"  She scratches at her arm.  "I was so sure."

Dorganath

"Oh, them," Bree says with a
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 09:07:32 am »

"Oh, them," Bree says with a nod. "Yes, they might, Dear. You need to be ready if they do. It's very important.  It's why you need to eat....more than you are.  But not too much, of course!"

Alatriel

"I will try," Rose says
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 12:44:07 pm »

"I will try," Rose says reluctantly.  She picks at a few more bites until Bree seems more satisfied with her intake.  "Do you know if I've pleased them so far?"

Dorganath

"They expect more from you,
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 09:16:48 pm »

"They expect more from you, Dear," Bree says. "and they will ask a little more each day.  It is up to you if you will meet the challenge. I am to see to your basic needs and... maybe try to keep your mind where it needs to be."  Despite the weight of her words, she smiles at Rose a little.

Alatriel

"But there are so many people
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 10:27:18 pm »

"But there are so many people and places, times... everything.  They're all happening now.  It's no different which here or which there or then or now.  It's all the same.  They overlap and fold over like gauze."  She looks at Bree a moment, then at the floor.  "I need to see them all."

Dorganath

"No, Rose, you don't need to
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 10:20:56 am »

"No, Rose, you don't need to see them all," says Bree, putting herself directly in Rose's field of vision. "You need your mind here. You need to see only me...only this room...only where your body is at." Bree pauses in her declaration and eases her tone some. "I think maybe you need more to do in a day...more to keep you focused on the now and on yourself so your mind doesn't stray."

Alatriel

"I do see you, priestess." 
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 11:49:16 am »

"I do see you, priestess."  Rose nods slowly and then looks away.  She rubs her arm gently.  "But when I can't feel here it is just the same as everywhere else.  If it is only me in this little room..." she trails off a moment.  "I will do as you ask if you have more for me to do."

Dorganath

"What do you need to feel
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 12:34:01 pm »

"What do you need to feel here?" Bree asks.

Alatriel

"I know my place, Priestess,
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 12:58:00 pm »

"I know my place, Priestess, I do, and I know it's not my place to ask for things, but..." Rose hesitates, "it's easier to stay in one place when I can feel something physically.  Pain is real.  Pain is now.  Touch is here, wherever 'here' is."  She pauses again.  "Mistress Sophia showed me that much."