The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Segem Story Arc  (Read 1179 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: Segem Story Arc
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 11:32:12 am »
//I know this is off topic, but like any coin (at least these days) containing a precious metal, it likely contains a whole slew of less precious metals inside it. So Mithril coins prolly are made of some mithril, along with Silver and Platinum... But I wouldn't know, I'm not Ed

Script Wrecked

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 11:46:26 am »
// Jaelle Thornwood's Excerpts From The Segem Story Arc //

Dorganath

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2008, 01:46:31 pm »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
//I know this is off topic, but like any coin (at least these days) containing a precious metal, it likely contains a whole slew of less precious metals inside it. So Mithril coins prolly are made of some mithril, along with Silver and Platinum... But I wouldn't know, I'm not Ed

// This is actually quite wrong in the Layonara setting.  Coins of a type are minted solely of that specific metal only. Cladding and coating (as is more common in our modern coins) is not something that exists at the level of technological development to support minting of currency.

// And yes, this is off-topic. Please discuss currency technology in another thread.

Pseudonym

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2008, 11:21:44 pm »
//

Quote from: Dorganath
// I'll remind the GM that the detail-oriented, to-the-letter antagonist specifically stated "one million coins."  Deviations from his specifications have, in the past, met with rather negative results.

Would you like to see the log?   ;)

Ed's info was news to me and I thought maybe interesting to others, specifically and generally.

You can argue semantics with me all day player-of-Connor. I would, however, watch your tone with halforc-whom-likes-not-to-hear-counterargument!

Pseudonym

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 12:38:30 am »
Quote from: Pseudonym
... I would, however, watch your tone with halforc-whom-likes-not-to-hear-counterargument!

And it just suddenly hit me why this NPC is so natural for me to RP! ;)

Anyways, back on track ...

Dorganath

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 01:24:46 am »
Quote from: Pseudonym
And it just suddenly hit me why this NPC is so natural for me to RP! ;)

Anyways, back on track ...

// *snickers* :D

Dorganath

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 09:47:48 pm »
Several days pass...the better part of a week, in fact... since Liam was recovered.  For those days, all seemed quiet without a word from anyone. But suddenly, letters appear to many of those who have been involved and addressed from Connor.  The letters are dated within a day of receipt and do not appear to have been delivered by the usual methods.  In fact, they seem by all appearances to be recently written. Each begins:

To those involved in the trouble with Segemek, I have news...

// For any still involved with this quest series and who would wish to receive this letter, post here or send me a PM.  This isn't an effort to exclude, but an IC precaution on Connor's part.  He's simply erring on the side of paranoia. ;)

Dorganath

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 03:03:33 pm »
// Letters sent to the three who responded.

Script Wrecked

At The Stormcrest Shack...
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 09:22:31 pm »
**A copper haired dwarven lass walks through the open door of the Stormcrest Shack. Exuberantly she greets the dwarven proprietor.

Argali settles down at the bar counter, and exchanges pleasantries and then stories with Korim Kitleaten as she waits for the others.

After a few ales, she broaches another topic, consulting the veteran dwarf's experience as a former adventurer. She asks whether being turned to stone is fatal...**

Dorganath

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 02:13:32 pm »
// I've still only gotten the three responses.  If any one else is wanting of the details, PM me.

// Also, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to meet one hour before the quest to plan and such.  Worst case, I'll PM any who show up once the group forms so there's less time spent on catch-up.

anything