The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Grand Tournament  (Read 165 times)

Stephen_Zuckerman

The Grand Tournament
« on: February 25, 2006, 05:11:32 pm »
Well, it only makes sense, in a society in which various types of combative prowess are held in such high esteem, that there would be a tournament of sorts, in which people basically fight for some sort of prize.

If anyone's interested, I'll do a full write-up.

Eight-Bit

RE: The Grand Tournament
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 10:32:21 pm »
Stephen_Zuckerman - 2/25/2006  8:11 PM

Well, it only makes sense, in a society in which various types of combative prowess are held in such high esteem, that there would be a tournament of sorts, in which people basically fight for some sort of prize.

If anyone's interested, I'll do a full write-up.

Actually, I've been planning this for a while before I had left. It's all worked out on paper and just waiting for reapproval. The last time it was approved the Arena was still inoperative.

If you would wish to join forces on this, or perhaps help me with my idea, your character would be welcomed to part of the initial profit. Though there is a little shadowy purpose behind it. Before I left I had done what I could to spread the rumor of it in character, and in game. If you want to you may try to convince my character Keille'leugh if you wish to join up. I'm afraid that she will go forward with what she has planned, as she is very stubborn. But who knows? It all really depends on my mood while I'm playing her.

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: The Grand Tournament
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 04:54:01 am »
Sounds good... When Pyyran hears about it, he'll come asking in-game.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 01:27:52 pm »
A "formal" competition would be awesome indeed.  but you already know I got your back, Eight-bit.  when the time comes, Cole will spread the word, and may do a special exibition just to draw the spectators ;-)

Eight-Bit

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 06:27:16 pm »
miltonyorkcastle - 2/27/2006  4:27 PM

A "formal" competition would be awesome indeed.  but you already know I got your back, Eight-bit.  when the time comes, Cole will spread the word, and may do a special exibition just to draw the spectators ;-)

You'll be happy to know I got approval on the idea I've been brewing for too long now. Stay tuned for details, I'm posting it after work today. :)

blinds21

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 06:04:58 am »
    I agree, I like that idea...put in leilon.

Make an arena type area where people can fight until they are near death. It would emphasive character training. Plus it would give people something to do besides hang out in the Leilon Arms Inn on fridays and watch the auctions that they can't afford anything in. heeeehh...

Leilon Arena!! or put it in some other town people rarely visit.

Leanthar

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 06:53:28 am »
    blinds21, there is one in fort velensk already and that is where it is being held.

blinds21

• View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 07:14:31 am »
      In Vel? How come noone ever talks about it?

I found a post about it.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 06:01:08 pm »
      blinds21 - 3/5/2006  10:14 AM

In Vel? How come noone ever talks about it?

I found a post about it.

Because nobody really has had a use for it, except for messing around and knightly battles and what not. :D