The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Marked  (Read 1342 times)

LordCove

The Marked
« on: May 26, 2008, 02:45:25 am »
I recall using this thread awhile back for mini-Quest series and Guild discussion before we had the Guild forums.

So... hijacking this for those who were on the " Reach for the Stars" quest... to follow up on tracking down the Tear and to save Harlas from receiving repeated and duplicated PM's from us, probably requesting or advising the same thing.

To update on anything found out or possible leads and such.

IC please.  :)
 

LordCove

Re: The Marked
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 04:42:17 am »
* Sall tells only those in person, and away from prying eyes*

I spoke with Xora at her tower... briefly. Scrying to find the location of either of these bloody Tear's wont work. Apparently, some items resist attempts at scrying... and I figure it obvious something like the Tear is gonna be er... kinda immune to it.

I have a lead on the poison... which I was kind of hoping would lead to the Cult and the Tear... but... it may not be as direct an approach as I'd bloody hoped for.

I'm hoping someone's been to Spellgard by now... and bled every bit of sodding info we can about this Arwal? Yes? No?
 

Script Wrecked

In Leringard...
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 05:25:24 am »
*Argali leads Sallaron out of the mayhem in the Farstrider's Den, into the slightly less chaotic scene on the streets of Leringard. Hitching up her own water yoke, she hands him a pair of water buckets, and leads him along to a well.*

"She has been too busy helping the people of Lerringarrd to be doing otherr things."

*She frowns, and there is a hint of grief behind her eyes.*

"And besides, Argali iz not zurre the Prrotectorr will be wanting to help us..."

*A silence falls over them as they join the queue for water.*
Expeditious Retreat: best spell eva!
 

LordCove

Re: The Marked
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 05:49:24 am »
* Sall looks down at the water buckets in his hand, then back to Argali*

"If we don't find that bloody Tear... and quickly...we might be doing this... **shakes the water buckets* ... a lot more than you realise. And I'm "not" just talking about what Fisty might do!"

*with a sigh and an irritable scratch of his chest, he drops the water buckets and makes his way to Spellgard*
 

Script Wrecked

In Leringard...
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 06:05:55 am »
*Irritated, she calls after Sallaron*

"Argali cannot be fixing everything!"

*After returning to the Den with the water yoke and the buckets refilled with water, she apologies to the others, gathers up her equipment, and quick marches after Sallaron, following the path through the White Horn forest.*
Expeditious Retreat: best spell eva!
 

stragen

Re: The Marked
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 06:24:57 am »
* Jin watches them pass through the 'library' of the Den.  He is scrawling letters, many letters.  I catches them just out on the streets.  His inner anger a little closer to the surface then usual. A fire in the eyes of the wolf. *

Yes.  Look in Spellguard.  The heart of corruption was there.  If you can find Arwal's associates then you may have the answer.  I was wrong not to listen to the heart of the Longstrider when I gazed upon Arwal.  I won't make that mistake again.   Fisterion was responsible for this destruction.  I was responsible for allowing the Tear to fall into the hands of the Cult.  

I have a plan.  I have some letters to write and some favors to ask.
 

stragen

Re: The Marked
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 06:28:31 am »
*A letter to Sasha*

Sasha, Knight of the Wyrm,

I ask that you undertake an investigation of Arwal's finances.  I understand you have some influence in the world of banking.  If it is possible to find his money, then we may be able to find him.  It is likely he had money enough to buy emeralds.

Jin Lun Lee
 

miltonyorkcastle

Re: The Marked
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 01:12:15 pm »
Steel sends letters to each of those involved. The contents are as follows:

We need to meet. Soon. And then regularly until we decide on an action. Perhaps in the Arms' meeting room or some other appropriately private place. Many of us are already in Leringard anyway.

*stamped with the shadow of a panther*
~Steel
 

LordCove

Re: The Marked
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 05:02:28 pm »
** Sall sends a letter back, and to all involved*

I surmise you all received the letter from Steel.
I'd agree to this at ( http://forums.layonara.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=7272&day=2008-6-1 )
I have news... and a possible course to take.


Sall


// Point out if this is a bad time of course.
I know two are on Kobals CDQ at this time.... so will likely need to re-arrange.
Suggestions. :)
 

Dezza

Re: The Marked
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 05:43:54 pm »
*Sasha stands dripping with sweat dressed only in light close fitting clothing amidst chaos. The room she uses for weapons training and to work out in stands in ruins around her. It felt good to vent her anger in such a way but as she stands taking it all in, sweat dripping down her she realises with a start that by acting in that way she is becoming like her captor. Fisterions chaos is already affecting her. With that startling reality sinking in she reads Steels letter once again and nods. We have to meet. Its not a good time for her but she pens a swift response and sends a message to Steel telling him so.*
 

miltonyorkcastle

Re: The Marked
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 09:58:58 pm »
/// yeah, pretty much lay a time on me, and I'll do my darndest to be there... I mean the time I suggested would be 4am for me, so just pick a day and time, weekends the best, weekdays have a much more narrow window...
 

stragen

Re: The Marked
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 01:12:06 am »
* Jin speaks queitly to each of the Marked in person, apart from G'ork, when he finds them. *

We have to meet.  I agree.  We need to know the big picture so that we or others don't make the same mistakes.  

We also need to ensure that those who should not find this informations -the allies of the cult and the cult themselves- do not.

I will arranged a meeting of friends an allies of Argali and Myself.  If you can and wish to attend then please do so.

If there are other of wisdom who you wish to attend then please contact me so I may pass them an invitation.

// Dezza, Script Wrecked and Stragen will be involved in Kobal's CDQ.
 

stragen

Re: The Marked
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 01:16:59 am »
* After he leaves Leringard Jin approaches G'ork warily. *

I am willing to help you G'ork with your injury.  

* He looks at the G'orks chest, and the where the scar hidden by his armour would be.*

I will need your word that you will not harm any who live under my roof.

Can we work together?
 

LordCove

Re: The Marked
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 05:10:11 am »
// Will scrap Saturdays and attend Stragens ( even though a bit late ) since half of us will be missing

** in the Arms, Sall has a quick word*

I should point out... that thanks to the Antic's of Gork here... some now know who were involved in what happened in Firesteep and to Leringard.

Thankfully... his antic's have provided some pretty bloody needed info from some unlikely sources.
In which case.... there are now two we need to involve. For reasons I'll explain.
I havent spoke to one yet.... but will do once we meet and agree.
 

stragen

Re: The Marked
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 08:35:09 am »
* Jin passes close by Sall and the others in the Arms, speaking quietly so you have to move closer to listen *

Not an ideal place with the chaos on the streets.  I'm glad you are making progress.

I have set an investigator of Lucinda to investigate the corruption within his brethren.  Brualot is true to his god, unlike the false Arwal.  I have given him Arwal's name as well as his connection to the cult.

Of the Dragon and Molten Island he knows nothing as of yet.

He should be able to at least tell us of Arwal's background, where he came from, and how long he served at Spellguard.

I have asked him to report his findings at the gathering.
 

miltonyorkcastle

Re: The Marked
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 01:25:43 pm »
Steel finds Jin.

I'll be there.
 

Script Wrecked

Re: The Marked
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 09:44:33 pm »
*The Marked gather at the Farstriders and discuss several options. They just need to decide their course of action.*
Expeditious Retreat: best spell eva!
 

Script Wrecked

Re: The Marked
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 07:14:37 am »
*Whenever Argali meets any of the Marked, she passes on the following information.*

"Jaelle Thorrnwood knows." *Argali gives a description of Jaelle to any whom may not have meet her.*

"She is knowing about the Marrk," *she indicates her chest* "she knows at least about the involvement of Sasha and the Sallaron, and, of courrse, Argali."

"She is frriendly with Misterr Sallaron. Argali does not know whether she is getting any information frrom him."

"She says she wants to help, but needed to know morre."
Expeditious Retreat: best spell eva!
 

LordCove

Re: The Marked
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 09:49:32 am »
* Sall frowns at the news*

She knew something about the Mark... but not what it was or where it came from. She's a smart cookie... but she doesnt know... I didn't tell her a thing... and I bloody hope no one else did. But... *he sighs, exasperrated* ...

... if she says she wants to help... can she be bloody trusted? And how's she going to help?

If you all want... I'll have a word with her. But she's gonna want answers before she gives any. We really sure we want for her to know?
Not that its seeming to matter, lately seem's every bugger knows somehow.
 

Script Wrecked

Re: The Marked
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 11:24:25 am »
"Once the cat iz let out of the bag..."

*Argali sighs, an air of despondancy passes over her. Then she looks up again.*

"It does not really matter who iz knowing, no? Aparrt frrom our own shame. Aparrt frrom hiding frrom the responsibility of ourr own actions. It would be nice if we could tidy zis up without anyone knowing, to just sweep ourr involvement underr the carrpet.

"But zis iz not the imporrtant thing, no? The imporrtant thing iz to prrevent the razing of any morre cities by that capprious drragon, no? One way orr the otherr.

"Of course, zis iz not possible if we arre lynched beforre we have the chance to atone, zo we still must be guarrded to zome degrree.

"The one option that we arre having iz to returrn the Tearr, no? Forr zis we arre needing to find it. Given the lack of prrogrress we arre making, perrhaps it iz time we asked forr the help, no?"
Expeditious Retreat: best spell eva!
 

 

anything