The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Treasure hunting  (Read 3279 times)

Pibemanden

Treasure hunting
« on: November 04, 2007, 08:06:44 pm »
I was wondering how many, if any, would be interested in a player led event based on hunting for a treasure. The event itself will be centered around the treasure chest system and I will try to make the hunt itself as balanced as possible in terms of what you will meet where the chest are located and such.
My idea is to put this on a saturday or sunday in the gmt-evening around 6-10ish pm depending on the time where most people are avalible. Please let me know if you would like to see this idea put IG, I have some other ideas related to this event but it will be open for anyone who wants to try, even Toranites ;)

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: Treasure hunting
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 08:14:33 pm »
I'd be willing to help and/or participate.  Let me know if I can help, or if I can provide any of the treasure

Skywatcher

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 08:20:42 pm »
Sounds fun.  I could do it on Saturday during that time but not Sunday.  I hope it works out

Mooneyes

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 09:21:40 pm »
One of my characters might be interested :)

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 09:58:05 pm »
Yes! Yes yes yes! I'd love it. Give me more info and I'm your man.

Varka

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 01:06:00 am »
Initiative Pibemanden!

Xirion

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 10:03:34 am »
Nice... would be willing to take part, if the time works for me..

...what is allways a proble, due to my very limited time window :/

Pibemanden

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 01:53:25 pm »
Okay, the information I have so far;

Treasure, well I still need to clarify a few things before this but I think I have the treasure covered myself, thank you for the offer Shiff I will look you up if I need something.

Hunting, when you are hunting a map would be a rather good idea, not an area for area map but one which actually shows the world. I will try to make the riddles that lead to the right places sort of hard but yet rather possible if you have a map.

Where? Well that really depends on the levels, however I would really like to know who are participating in advance so I don't end up sending a 10-15ish party to firesteep or something like that. So far I have thought about Dregar and Alindor, but I am not really sure which yet and it might change plus I would make more groups if there are sufficint people signing up.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 02:02:18 pm »
Quote from: Pibemanden
Where? Well that really depends on the levels, however I would really like to know who are participating in advance so I don't end up sending a 10-15ish party to firesteep or something like that. So far I have thought about Dregar and Alindor, but I am not really sure which yet and it might change plus I would make more groups if there are sufficint people signing up.

IDEA!!!!

Pibe, I don't think you should ONLY do this for ONE! level range.

Think about it.  We have three majors areas where the Level Range is important:  Mistone/Alindor/Dragon Isles (1-10); Dregar/The Roldem Islands/Thunder Valley(10-20); Thunder Peaks/Belinara (20+)

Why not set one up for each level range.  Each with different things in them for the level Range.  I'd be HAPPY to set up the "West" one.  I can help with "Cental" and I think you can get the Ravens to help with the "East" one if there is enough interest there.

If not, I think 2 would be good, one for levels 1-10, the other for 10-20 (since we all know MOST +20 people either have what they Need and can get anything better themsselves).

Huh?  Huh?!  HUH?!  Good Idea?

Erik K

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 02:04:22 pm »
Im up for it, sounds like a great idea :)

Pibemanden

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 02:04:32 pm »
I thought about doing that Shiff, but it depends on the signups, I could make a lot of different trails but it would be rather pointless if it turned out that only five were able to make it then they should run one trail where everyone is challenged somehow.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 02:07:20 pm »
Well yeah, it depends on Interest...  Which I HOPE this thread will generate...  *eyes the readers*

But you gotta let me know if yah need my help anywhere.  If I can't help I'd love to join the hunt as my Alt

ycleption

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 02:10:56 pm »
I am certainly interested in doing this, but it really depends on what time it takes place.

Xirion

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 02:39:42 pm »
Everybody talks and talks about time... let me start:

I am avaliable from 19-22 during the week
and from              19-24 weekends (Friday+Sunday)

btw: Eander is lvl 10 right now
>Xirion>

Spike

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 03:28:47 pm »
I up for it! Gota love that treasure!

I'm roughly the same time as Xirion, though a lot less on weekdays.

(Travie is lvl 7 right now)

Serissa

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 06:53:29 pm »
I'd love to, but I'll be traveling.  Our ferret has surgery scheduled for Friday morning, and her doctor is a five hour drive away.

Halfwit Genious

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 08:04:20 pm »
Sounds like a lot of fun. I hope I can make it.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 01:52:53 pm »
Serissa,

Ferrit really can't get surgery, she's a bunch of pixels and code....

Sheesh, some people take this game too seriously;)

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 02:13:51 pm »
*Giggle.*

I'm usually available from about 10-17 EDT every day, but not this Thursday. Other than that, I'm open.

I could help with actually stashing the treasures.

Pibemanden

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 07:09:45 pm »
There, I have choosen a date some time into the future to allow people to sign up, please only do that if you are interested in following a treasure trail.

anything