The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Twelve Angry Adventurers  (Read 1378 times)

Shiokara

Twelve Angry Adventurers
« on: February 08, 2010, 02:47:34 pm »
I have an idea for a quest involving one of my characters, Aunlyn, the Rofireinite church, and any players welcome to join.

Basically, Aunlyn will commit a (potentially subjective) crime, get caught, and face trial. I would like to fill as many roles by players as humanly possible, so we'll figure Rofireinite players for the prosecution. Toranites and Voraxites for their supportive witnesses (who'd love nothing more to see Aunlyn destroyed, banished, etc.), A Rofie advisor for Aunlyn's defense, and witnesses supporting Aunlyn played by sympathetic characters.

The DM, or high-ranking Rofie official (like Jennara) can act as judge, and I would love if there were a jury, though I don't know if Layo's system functions by a jury of one's peers (but it'd be great for RP).

This could be broken up in a couple sessions. One for jury selection (with a week of deliberation/preparing cases in between) and one for the trial itself. Maybe one more (much shorter) session of 30 minutes or so for sentencing/punishment.

I really think this would be great fun. Good characters appealing for Aunlyn to receive just punishments vs. Good characters arguing he should be killed and re-killed until he can't be killed anymore. Evil characters tempting jurors with bribes, or Evil characters who want to see him swing just for the fun of it. Potentially disguised Dark Elves sitting in the audience or trying to get on the jury just to see what happens. An Aragenite stenographer!

Could be fun. And give adventurers a feel for how the trial system really works. I don't mind if Aunlyn is NPCified for this quest. My main reason for creating him was to use him as a foil to create conflict between other characters.

I also recognize that Aunlyn may be completely lost if proven guilty and super executed/banished from the surface/jailed indefinitely. I have no problem losing this character.

I read somewhere that GMs need to have at least two endings for each quest? Here are some possibilities I thought of just now:
1) Aunlyn is Guilty and permanently dealt with
2) Aunlyn is Guilty but is justly sentenced
3) Aunlyn is proven innocent
4) Aunlyn is broken out of jail via impromptu or some such method

The following users thanked this post: cbnicholson, Lance Stargazer, geloooo

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: Twelve Angry Adventurers
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 02:51:23 pm »
I love it.

Yer Crazy, but I love it.

Shiokara

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 03:06:31 pm »
Thank you, Shiff. I will consider that a compliment to my craziness. :)

One last thing: I think it's important for those who are interested to show their support. Please post or show some sign of recognition that you'd be for this if you are.

Masterjack

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 04:21:41 pm »
I would like this. I suggest you get Ferrit Pandorn to do your defense. She comes highly recommended.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 04:39:16 pm »
No no!  Let Tyra do it!  She -loves- Dark Elven criminals.  (Especially slow roasted and seasoned with garlic)

Gulnyr

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 05:02:21 pm »
Quote from: Shiokara
The DM, or high-ranking Rofie official (like Jennara) can act as judge
Thanks for the mention, but, if you want it to be a canon sort of thing, the judge will have to be an NPC.  No PC Rofireinite holds that position.

cbnicholson

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 06:15:27 pm »
I offer Daniel as defense counsel. :)  Love this idea!
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Shiokara

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 07:13:31 pm »
Because I am trying to include as much of the community as possible, I'd also like to hear discussion of a session which seeks to capture Aunlyn for his crime.

Though I hadn't originally perceived Aunlyn as actually being able to escape from the scene, and it certainly wouldn't help his case, I think this would be fun for all those trackers out there!

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 07:17:39 pm »
I'd offer Aesthir as a prosecutor , its a good idea.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 07:32:00 pm »
Oh Trust me, Tyra will be after him if he evades the Law.

jrizz

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 07:50:48 pm »
Fun stuff, I would send Wren to capture him. Would it be dead or alive?

Script Wrecked

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 08:07:37 pm »
*Gart goes straight to burning Aunlyn at the stake, thus avoiding all this rigmarole and shenanigans in the first place, which only serves to distract everyone while Aunlyn's dark elf buddies are razing villages, poisoning wells and eating our children*

;)

Shiokara

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 08:24:30 pm »
Quote from: jrizz
Fun stuff, I would send Wren to capture him. Would it be dead or alive?

Alive. It's much harder to capture a stonebound character "dead". Plus, the trial couldn't take place, then. Of course, I imagine it's possible he could be captured dead at which point the trial would be for which character killed him (disobeying the law by not taking him alive and using excessive force). Keep on with the ideas.

RollinsCat

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 08:43:03 pm »
*Andrew steps in and offers to be a juror*

geloooo

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 07:16:36 am »
Should he be judged as guilty, I offer Ni'haer as the executioner for Aunlyn's disgrace. A disgrace to all the other powerful Dark Elves! We cry for his blood! :)

anything