The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: CDQ Thread: Mission Impossible  (Read 727 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

CDQ Thread: Mission Impossible
« on: December 16, 2012, 10:34:29 pm »
After leaving Agent Barrow, Tyra leads her small team across the border in to Sagewald.  Crossing the stream and continuing north, she spots the farmstead hiding the supply cache she is sent to destroy.  After finding a vantage point to observe the farm from, she tells her comrades to set up camp.

"No fire tonight.  We watch and plan.  I don't want to endanger the farmers any more then absolutely necessary."
 
The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle

RollinsCat

Re: CDQ Thread: Mission Impossible
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 06:46:49 pm »
Quietly.  "We don't know that guy's on the up and up, or if he's an informant, or what.  Just 'cause he walked an hour into Taur'en doesn't make him legit.

"I missed some of what he said when I was looking around but doesn't seem like there's a timeline on this.  Should get a look at what's in there first, and the family, take as long as we need.  Stuff like this ends up being tipping points seems to me.  Plus that's a lotta food to trash."
 

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: CDQ Thread: Mission Impossible
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 07:07:31 pm »
Tyra nods. "I agree, but I'd like this to be as streamlined as possible.  Do you want to knock on the door and play the lost traveler?  That could result in more information and serve as a distraction for close observations."  She looks at Fleur and Ty.  "Any suggestions on execution?  This is almost too easy to mess up, but  I don't want to harm these people unnecessarily."
 

RollinsCat

Re: CDQ Thread: Mission Impossible
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 11:17:40 pm »
"Kinda think Fleur would be better as a lost traveler.  Folks not as intimidated by women.  Think you ought to get a look at the target directly, too - too easy to screw up is kinda begging fate, Mother."
 

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: CDQ Thread: Mission Impossible
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 08:30:15 pm »
After a night of scurrying around trying to determine how to deal with the farm's copious amounts of food for Sagewald, she tries to get Ty and Fleur together to figure out the possibilities.  She politely interrupts Fleur's spell-study then waits for Ty...

When they come together again, she starts.  "
I know we have ideas to set the place ablaze or use the goat innards to taint it all, do either of you think we should try approaching the farmers and trying to get them to send the food to Tau'ren?  Or even stop supporting warmongering?"
 

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: CDQ Thread: Mission Impossible
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 01:49:41 am »
She continues, as Ty and Fleur exchange looks.  "We all know in the past I've gotten innocents hurt because I did 'what I thought I had to' to achieve something.  But am I going about this wrong?  What's really the best outcome here..."  She muses over the situation briefly.  "So I've been offered a military commission and a parcel of land in exchange for 'removing a dangerous staging point for Sagewald troops.'  But that could mean causing more innocents to suffer.  And yet, this family is a small price to pay to protect a much larger nation.  Is it possible to protect the family and Tau'ren?"  She then looks back toward the cellar entrance, and the mess she has started to create.  "Is it too late to offer them a choice?"
 

RollinsCat

Re: CDQ Thread: Mission Impossible
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 10:46:24 am »
With a thoughtful look at his mother.  "Probably not too late, but there's a lot of adults and kids there.  We're pretty outnumbered.  Nothing in the small house but sleeping people and a cellar with some food; they didn't even lock the door.  Possible that they don't know who they're growing food for.  I was going to check the big house but then had that animal guts idea, but if you're thinking of offering them a deal, should get a look in there.  Make sure we're not going to run into any armed resistance."
 

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: CDQ Thread: Mission Impossible
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 01:48:27 pm »
"Should we go about this diplomatically or aggressively?  I would still like Fleur to prepare a back up, worst case scenario, inferno for the silo and cave.  But as for dealing with the family, Ty, investigate the big house and look for weapons, if you find any remove them if you can.  If this looks like we have soldiers stationed here observing or controlling this farm, find orders or paperwork we can use.  If this family is being forced to do this..."  She cracks her knuckles.
 

RollinsCat

Re: CDQ Thread: Mission Impossible
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 03:07:54 pm »
"Gonna vote diplomatically, since kids and all."  With that he moves off along the walls of the outbuilding on the tower and to the treeline, heading around toward the big house again.
 

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: CDQ Thread: Mission Impossible
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 03:57:06 pm »
Tyra heads after Ty after checking on Fleur.  She will make sure she finds some leverage to make this turn out as best as possible, or set it all on fire.
 

ystrday

CDQ Thread: Mission Impossible
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 04:04:08 pm »
*ignores Tyra and Ty her focus at the moment is to prepare her spells*
 

 

anything