The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Death and those graves!  (Read 514 times)

Walnutboy

• View Profile
    Re: Death and those graves!
    « Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 07:12:29 pm »
    Quote from: Acacea
    The bindstones are totally in-character, as they are what pull your character back to the living instead of letting your soul go on to other realms and all that.

There's nothing wrong with offering aid when seeing someone. They are not ghosts and there is no "I recently died" label on them, nor are they really glowing (OOC visual), but they ARE severely weakened, drained, and are not going to look exactly chipper. There's nothing wrong with asking if something has happened and then offer help when told. Unless they're completely cloaked and hooded or something, and aren't speaking, or essentially making any effort whatsoever to conceal it.

I agree that such important and widespread things as whether certain mechanics of the death system are IC or OOC should be actually documented. LORE suggestions. :)

I'd rather just get rid of the glow, though. Not everyone scours the explanation of every mechanic. :P

I'll emote weak and dazed when i next die then! :)

Marswipp

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2007, 11:40:19 pm »
    What about distracted?
    Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

Walnutboy

• View Profile
      « Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 12:54:58 pm »
      Quote from: Marswipp
      What about distracted?

Last time i emoted something out of character until she had visited her grave but i get the feeling this is perhaps left down to each person when it happens, though my last death nearly created more bloodshed and character arguements heh!