The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Emote your heart out!!  (Read 1693 times)

Xaltotun

Re: Emote your heart out!!
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 05:35:28 pm »
Thanks Pen N Popper, this utility is fantastic. I have done a few tests and it works really well. Here is a sample of the script I am going to use. I have named the script name of my character.ahk which you suggested, so thanks. However, I have used a simpler way (I hope) of getting my character to say things.

Text file has these two lines in it...
::sco?::I am going to scout ahead, and I need you all to stay here until I return, so no heroics and no sleeping. You all got that?
::fou?::I have found a whole bunch of them ahead, but we need to be careful. Here's what I suggest we do...

The file has two shortcuts which it interprets when you press Enter in NWN and type. So to say the first line, I press Enter to start the talk and type sco? and press Enter to say the first line - "I am going to scout ahead, and I need you all to stay here until I return, so no heroics and no sleeping. You all got that?."
When I return I press Enter to talk again, then type fou? and press Enter to say the second line "I have found a whole bunch of them ahead, but we need to be careful. Here's what I suggest we do..." and I can then add appropriate text as the third set of chat lines.

I use the question marks to terrminate the shortcuts as I found I sometimes used real text and it got intercepted and reproduced which I didn't want to happen.

Hope this helps to add to a useful suggestion by Pen N Popper

Maestro3P

• View Profile
    Re: Emote your heart out!!
    « Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 02:31:24 pm »
    I can't get it to work :\\

I've tried all kinds of things. I can get other stuff to work with the program, like
    Code: [Select]
    #space::Run www.google.com
    I can even fire that kind of code while NWN is active, but it's just like NWN won't accept any input caused by the AutoHotKey, not even the code posted by Pen N Popper.

Does anyone have any idea?

anything