The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Kudos for great roleplay  (Read 38106 times)

zenvidar

• Druids
    • Followers of Katia
    • View Profile
Re: Kudos for great roleplay
« Reply #320 on: June 21, 2008, 07:03:56 pm »
Kudos to Timulty Keel during Darkstorme's "fishing" quest the other night. He had great energy and dedication to roleplaying, especially once the scene shifted to the murder mystery, which was very fun haveing Vanther and Timulty spin off ideas like chief detective (Timulty) and partner (Vanther). Definitely lots of fun and his energy made roleplaying with Vanther much easier and more enriching.

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #321 on: June 25, 2008, 12:59:22 am »
On behalf of Pyro/Filatus and myself I wanted to extend kudo's to the team that ran the Gauntlet tonight (You know who you are!)  

I won't post their names publicly until the quest is complete, but despite obstacle and some frustration you all stayed in character amazingly well.  Very impressive!

zenvidar

• Druids
    • Followers of Katia
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 26, 2008, 09:06:22 pm »
I wanted to give a broader thanks to the great number of people out there who dedicate themselves to roleplaying and doing it well. These people care deeply about their characters and the lives they live. Other people's characters matter and so does the entire community out of game. These are the people that keep Layonara strong, interesting and a breathtaking online experience.

Thank you all.

lonnarin

« Reply #323 on: June 27, 2008, 01:19:33 am »
To Steel, Lyle Underoot and Willy Catpaw.  For a hilarious bout of RP philosophy and politics conversations and general awesomeness.

FER THE ORPHANS!

lonnarin

« Reply #324 on: June 30, 2008, 03:38:37 am »
To Nyeaeana Irylanam and Muhkuman for an awesome rapport during the trip into the diamond mines, especially when we realized we were stuck and all started panicking.

And to Mykah Darkwell, a new player here with an awesome first bio.  One of the best reads in a long long time, and fun to finally meet in person! :D

Aerimor

« Reply #325 on: July 01, 2008, 12:32:10 am »
Tonight was a very enjoyable and well role played night.  I'd like to thank the players of Jaelle, Elgon, Ayana, and that Alatriel chick.  I would also like to thank the character Razeriem himself.  I had a lot of fun this evening with all of them.  And the best part, is that the 'situation' is far from over.

Thanks all,

~DeVere

P.S.: I'd also like to say I greatly enjoyed the character Ellis last night.

lonnarin

« Reply #326 on: July 06, 2008, 05:19:20 am »
To Vardoc, Pristine, Warsinger, Logan and Rak, for playing a hilarious drunken 3-4 hours with Farros in the cardhall, 1st with Warsinger Farros and Logan singing and playing a bardly entourage together guiding Pristine to Leringard, then for the awesome RPed 3-4 hours that ensued, especially when Vardoc started sharking us all and Rak arrived with his rat deck.  With the kobold, goblin, wemic, orc, half-orc, human and tiefer, it was an awesome exposition of Xeenite gambling bartime revelry.  Vardoc cleaned us out!

Pen N Popper

« Reply #327 on: July 06, 2008, 05:50:06 pm »
A thanks not so much for RP, but for the GM handing out spankings.  Happy/jrizz found a group of us picking on giants.  He promptly started increasing the challenge in the woods and we swallowed the bait, chopping down giants like lumberjacks.  All of our buffs were failing or gone by the end since we had just left the giant cave.  Needless to say, the final battle was of epic proportions.  Several had fallen and the rest were at a handful of hitpoints by the time Dubbel was standing toe-to-toe with the giant shaman.  Between chopping with his axe, he was chugging cure potions and trying to dig endurance and bull drinks out of his bags.  (His naughty player doesn't have them quickslotted!)  I thought for sure Dubbel would die, but with the support of his surviving comrades (and Mist!) the battle was won.

Alatriel

« Reply #328 on: July 06, 2008, 11:48:18 pm »
I wanted to say thanks to everyone who got pulled into our insanity tonight.  A big thank you to Elgon and Elly, and Jaelle... and obviously Aerimor, who I'm sure will feel the consequences of his actions for a while, and for Verideth who did exactly what his character would do in that situation.  I had a lot of fun, and it was interesting to see just how many people would be willing to hunt down Aerimor... but try really hard not to kill him.  Well, except Elgon, who tried really hard TO kill him *big grin*  

Hopefully we can do it again sometime... but maybe not the same way ;)
~Alatriel

Hellblazer

« Reply #329 on: July 07, 2008, 10:14:06 am »
Kudos to those on the trek in the hammerbound today. Had a lot of fun, to bad for that paladin at the end that issued a challenge to Brian ;)

Pseudonym

« Reply #330 on: July 08, 2008, 09:15:56 pm »
Yes, well he hopes you had a nasty fall on the large pool of blood leaking from his fallen body and Brian perhaps sustains a nasty grazed knee or something. :P

Kudos to all those on Dezza's quest last night. Harlas, Filatus, LordCove, Michb, stragen, Blackguy, Script Wrecked and others present but their names escape me at the moment! AEST RPers (and the ring-ins) rock!

merlin34baseball

« Reply #331 on: July 09, 2008, 02:53:34 am »
To Miss Jaelle Thornwood...

Poor Chaynce's head is going to explode.

And To Lance Stargazer...

Thanks for being the ying to Chaynces yang!

Pseudonym

« Reply #332 on: July 10, 2008, 08:28:46 pm »
More praise for the much lauded Lonnarin.

How many folks bother to sneak in and leave fish fillets for the group of tigers in the Rolling Hills ... especially when they're travelling solo and have no idea a GM is on and watching?

Tobias

« Reply #333 on: July 11, 2008, 12:00:01 am »
Thanks to Alatriel, Razeriem, Steel, Iradril and the rofienite Aeronn. You all made my night even when I thought I was just going to log on and and sit with Steel while he worked on his wood working.

You all made what could be seen as a mundane trip gathering CNR a true joy.

lonnarin

« Reply #334 on: July 11, 2008, 02:45:12 am »
Quote from: Pseudonym
More praise for the much lauded Lonnarin.

How many folks bother to sneak in and leave fish fillets for the group of tigers in the Rolling Hills ... especially when they're travelling solo and have no idea a GM is on and watching?

HAR!  Bjorn was through the area and invisible.  He didnt want to hurt the tigers, but he saw they needed some food, so aye, he dropped a wee fish filet for the cats to eat.  And then the one followed him, and he and skabot fed him not only fish, but mixed in the giant flesh to tempt its kittens.  Hopefully the tigers there will learn to eat the right kind of people! :D

But aye, feel free to think the dwarf is getting soft and just thought the kitty was cute when he saw it.  *sniffs* ah miss da kitty.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #335 on: July 11, 2008, 09:58:45 pm »
Kudos to Storold, Sala, Ferrit (hey twice the characters, twice the kudos), Ophelia, and Omer for the fun bits of RP in Hempstead.

Beware of Mists's winds, and if you joke about 'em better head to her temple and make an apology if you hope to sail safely.  *winks*

Hellblazer

« Reply #336 on: July 14, 2008, 03:35:48 pm »
A good kudos to Yvale and Hanna/ayana. Had good rps with both of you at the same time and separetely

lonnarin

« Reply #337 on: July 14, 2008, 04:42:12 pm »
To Shiff and all the good long years of exemplary RP right on up till his untimely death.  From mining with Bjorn, slaughtering with Farros or following Gloom around with Gnomish Lenses to make sure no babies were being eaten, Shiff was a class act all around.  Ye will be missed lad.  Bjorn would toss you some strands if he could.

lonnarin

« Reply #338 on: July 15, 2008, 04:54:52 am »
Also to Chaynce, Timulty and Aeon/Nyeantha.  For some excellent memorable anti-Rael and pro Dorandite CRAFTING RP tonight!  Bjorn's always happy to train a lad.  Even moreso when its in battle-tactics against Rael and Milara!!

Alatriel

« Reply #339 on: July 20, 2008, 12:30:14 am »
To Lance, finally not the only Toranite in town :)

anything