The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Kudos for great roleplay  (Read 38094 times)

Aerimor

Re: Kudos for great roleplay
« Reply #500 on: June 30, 2009, 08:16:21 am »
Thanks to Zari for taking the time to be there for Raz when he needed a friend.  And it was a Wolf, you need to work on it.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #501 on: June 30, 2009, 10:43:59 am »
Kudos to everyone who took part (or didn't take part) in the insanity of "The Island"!  I don't think Tyra will ever look at mushrooms the same way.

And kudos to Pankoki and Pheonix, for the quest.  Hope you guys feel better today!

Alatriel

« Reply #502 on: June 30, 2009, 03:48:35 pm »
Quote from: Aerimor
Thanks to Zari for taking the time to be there for Raz when he needed a friend.  And it was a Wolf, you need to work on it.

It was a hippo.

Xaltotun

« Reply #503 on: July 01, 2009, 04:58:51 pm »
A big thanks to Liar Muck, Ironfist son of Ironbreaker and Endrahila for some good laughs last night. The one that got it started for me was after Ironfist had droned on and on about his (copper) scythe, and after he had enchanted it with fire, Endrahila arrived to ask him,

'Is that a burnin' tree ye've got over yer shoulder?'  Needless to say, dwarves aren't noted for their sense of humour, so you can imagine the fun we had from there.

P.S. Sorry I missed you from the picture End.

~~ duchess

Alatriel

« Reply #504 on: July 01, 2009, 11:35:25 pm »
Thanks to everyone who went down into the spiders tonight/today.
Raz, Lance, Chaynce, Urick, Leisa, and Kromlek.  And thanks to Sea Dog for giving us an extremely challenging impromptu, and yet... nobody died!

Was fun, let's do it again sometime!

~(Daniella)

merlin34baseball

« Reply #505 on: July 01, 2009, 11:40:08 pm »
I agree thank you everyone for helping me and my son to have a very fun day! And I don't know if I want to see a beblith spider again!

And thanks to the Sea Dog as well for setting up a well balanced but difficult challenge.

:D

Merlin34 and Teo

oh and the RP challenges of the spiders ripping our armor off was hilarious.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #506 on: July 09, 2009, 11:37:40 pm »
Wanted to say thanks to the guys who spent almost all day RPing with me as Aarcus today.  Was great fun, and some of the IC diety and behavioral problems were fun to watch...

PS: Don't let Agmundr pick sugar cane

cbnicholson

« Reply #507 on: July 10, 2009, 08:59:37 am »
I wanted to say thank you to Lokigod and Vincent for turning yet another spider bashing session into one where both characters turned into spider catagorists and were rabid about killing wraith spiders! :D
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Anamnesis

« Reply #508 on: July 10, 2009, 12:20:29 pm »
I want to take a moment to do something I don't normally do, and that is to thank Ben and Essa for taking the time to hear Elly out after her most recent death instead of rushing off to go bash more monsters.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

geloooo

« Reply #509 on: July 12, 2009, 04:50:57 am »
A big kudos to all who attended Daralith's WLDQ! First time I've seen a really big Dark Elf party! A big kudos to Harlath Thunderglust for standing strong and not running away! Thanks a lot, and a big kudos to you! Through him, I found out that you can't really lose soul strands through pvp. :P Thanks guys! I had fun. :D

Xaltotun

« Reply #510 on: July 12, 2009, 06:50:07 am »
//ooc As an addition to Geloooo's post and how well everyone, especially Halrath, played their roles,

*A group of dark elves were carrying out a mission and had just captured their victim and were tying them up when a dwarf called  Halrath Thundergust stumbled across the party by accident.
Daralith asked Halrath if he was okay with pvp, explaining that he had just stumbled into a quest. That worthy replied he was and with Minerva’s approval, ready to go with it. Outnumbered 7 to 1 and bleeding profusely from a previous combat – what a dwarf, what a hero, what a waste of life. The conversation ran like this (abbreviated a little for brevity):*

Halrath Thundergust, obviously realising something was not quite right with the scene in front of him, 'Er... 'ello.’
Eleandilethessa Quil'lyn, 'Watchit. Push aff dwarf.’
Halrath Thundergust, a little belligerently, 'Aye?  * * An' ... 'oo be you t' tell me t' push off, eh?'
Be'min hisses, 'begone from this place if you value your life, Dwarf!’
Brian (Njord), 'if you value your life.. you will leave this place.’
Eleandilethessa Quil'lyn, 'We'll be ra death o' ye fatty.’
Daralith Del'Mar  begins reading from the book, 'I suggest you go.’
Halrath Thundergust, 'Aye?’  And sets his feet and raises his axe.
Brian (Njord) tries to intimidate him, as he stands taller than the dwarf his weapons out.
Eleandilethessa Quil'lyn, 'Push aff,’ but seems to think, 'maybe we should get him anyways? Stop him talkin'.’
Be'min, eyes glowing bright red, 'You will not warned again, Dwarf.’ Brian (Njord) nods in agreement.
Halrath Thundergust, 'Roight, I'll take ye all!
Eleandilethessa Quil'lyn laughs, 'In yer dreams tubby.’
Be'min, 'Foolish.’ And tries to catch the dwarf's eyes with his own, a warning in them.
Halrath Thundergust, 'Roight,’  raising his axe,’ 'oo's first, then?’
Eleandilethessa Quil'lyn, 'pick 'im,’ and points to Be'min.
Daralith Del'Mar  makes a motion to kill him.
Halrath Thundergust, 'Aye?  Then Oi'll die wit' honour.’

A silence encompasses them, smothering all sounds and time seems to stretch to breaking point – then a single blow falls, slicing, slashing and takes the dwarf’s life before he could even react.
With a characteristic lack of emotion at the taking of a life not of their own kind, they cut and slash the body to render it less recognisable. A mark or two is left behind, a signature symbol, perhaps, and the group moves on with their prey and their mission very much in mind.

//ooc Thanks to these characters (ranked in order of importance, in her eyes): Daralith Del'Mar, To'ryll  Solen, Ni'haer Helvivirr, Eleandilethessa Quil'lyn, Cra’xis, Be'min and Brian (Njord), with a special guest appearance from Halrath Thundergust as the dwarf.

Special thanks to Minerva for running this WLDQ

And yeah, I learned a lot and also got a little spooked by some of the descriptions ;) . Never been in such a large group of Dark Elfs - want to do it again and again.

Hellblazer

« Reply #511 on: July 12, 2009, 10:30:07 am »
*looks at brian being the last one and laughs*

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #512 on: July 14, 2009, 12:51:05 am »
Just want to Give A big Kudos To Tod Fellow for the last night Rp session. thanks for keep feeding the soup opera, with Argos.  

All the remarks and the aproach was totally awesome.

Thanks for the excelent work

INKachu

« Reply #513 on: July 15, 2009, 05:56:19 pm »
Giving out a thanks to Aarcus (ShiffDrgnhrt) and Razeriem (Aerimor) for all your RP's with Lily up to date, making funny moments, teasing and a bit of social awkwardness. :P Adventuring with you guys always keep me smiling and I can't wait to see how things unroll.

OH! Almost forgot, another great thanks to Shiokara/Noks for the amazing RP. I'm constantly in laughter OOC. Again, I really enjoy the awkward moments and decision making that my character has to go through. Thanks for being an "unfriendly" character that's gradually become a treasured comrade. :P Hehe.

Xaltotun

« Reply #514 on: July 16, 2009, 04:58:39 pm »
Just wanted to say a big kudos to To’ryll Solen, Cra’xis and Caradas Northbridge for their great role play on this short journey.
  • To'ryll is such a superior, high and mighty, lord it type that it cracks me up as I find myself cringing occassionally from her tongue.
  • Cra'xis was brilliant today: he played it really moody as if someone had stolen his balloon and he wanted it back - really atmospheric.
  • Caradith was new to this group, but he joined in really well coming out with some good one-liners, and was equally dark and malignant, which left me wondering about him right up to the end.

~~duchess

Aerimor

« Reply #515 on: July 16, 2009, 05:16:39 pm »
Thanks to both the previous posters.  I greatly enjoy playing with Lily.. and Ely is alright too. =P  Moody? You just wait, I'll show you moody!  

Seriously, Thanks Xalto and Ink.  Look forward to seeing more of both of you.  *sly smile*.

.... *sulking* moody?

Bryant

• Followers of Aragen
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 18, 2009, 07:02:28 pm »
I just wanted to say a major thank you to everyone tonight :)  

I popped on briefly for a quick play and three hours later I'm finally heading to bed.

What started out as a simple adventure turned into a night to remember thanks to Rhizome / Anansi. Sure I died twice and lost a soul strand but that was brilliant fun.

A big thank you to the players behind Eichitan, Lilyvaen, Fenthon and Mangle-or too for brightening my evening! :D

Alatriel

« Reply #517 on: July 19, 2009, 08:33:55 am »
Thanks to everyone on the dark elf raiding party this morning.  Let's do it again... really soon!  Really... it will level me.... :D

Link092

« Reply #518 on: July 19, 2009, 11:52:58 am »
Quote from: Alatriel
Thanks to everyone on the dark elf raiding party this morning.  Let's do it again... really soon!  Really... it will level me.... :D

It was fun... just need to work on keep up with the group so I don't get spawned on. :D

Xaltotun

« Reply #519 on: July 21, 2009, 07:01:41 pm »
What a great bit of rp and thanks to Verdin Cowl for supporting duchess in her support of Lily at the end, Zarianna for sounding like a demented schoolgirl all through it, Eichitan Youbli for being irrepresible and especially Lilyvaen Glensmere who was most distraught at the falling of Eichian and Aarcus and Aarcus Seraphim as a true Toranite, who got slightly upset at being accused of not helping out in the fight that lead to his falling.

Duchess was doing her best to console a very distraught Lilyvaen, letting her weep on her shoulder, stroking her hair - you get the idea, the way a mother would act, when the wounded Aarcus walked up and told duchess to leave her alone.

Duches retorted, 'It wisni me who ran away an' left everyone tae die.'
 Aarcus said, 'Excuse me?' *he glares at Dutchess* 'Ran away? How dare you!'
 Duchess's answers was, 'Ah dares 'cos ah wis last man oot, an' yo wisni behind me is ah dares."

As a Toranite, Aarcus nearly hit the roof - you can imagine... and so the argument developed and nearly into blows until he and Lily eventually walked away. Brilliant stuff

Great fun all, and please let's do it again.

And P.S. if you need shoulder to cry on Lily, call me 8)

anything