The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Kudos for great roleplay  (Read 36196 times)

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Kudos for great roleplay
« Reply #600 on: February 08, 2010, 09:54:07 am »
Sounds like I missed a doozy. I may need to consider running a "Good PC vs Evil PC" series like the one Ice tried to put together back in the day: Every other quest focused on the opposing side (one quest is for the bad guys, the next quest for the good guys), with the "Bad guys" trying to increase their power, and the "Good guys" trying to catch them.

Kenderfriend

« Reply #601 on: February 08, 2010, 09:56:56 am »
Quote from: Spike
I'd like to say a big thankyou to Mixafix for running my CDQ and putting up with us chaotic Corathites.

Thanks go to Eleandilethessa Quil'lyn, Leisa Margreve and Brandin (Dogboy) Fleetfeet for playing the part of the mercenary. The 'Good' Doctor aka Alandric Vensk for his guidance. And finally the man of the match Hal, for removing Jehoram's eye and err... touching everyone. Thanks to him Jehoram now has the mentality of an Unholy Champion, if not the powers of one.

Good RP all round,
Thanks guys ;)

It's too bad I was a bit late on this one :) I like the conflict of 'good' and 'bad' characters a lot for some reason or other ;)

Pseudonym

« Reply #602 on: February 08, 2010, 06:16:10 pm »
Quote from: Spike
And finally the man of the match Hal, for removing Jehoram's eye and err... touching everyone. Thanks to him Jehoram now has the mentality of an Unholy Champion, if not the powers of one.

You make it sound so dirty!

He was just trying to impress upon you it didn't matter so much who was killed, if the wrong person died ... just as long as someone died. That was the important thing. As to cutting out your eye, hey, ain't his fault some folks are visual learners.

Hal : [Party] The voices tell me to hurt him ... to hurt him bad
Alandric Vensk: [Party] Pain is purification
Hal : [Party] To give him pain .. to teach him that life is pain ... service to the Mad One is pain
Hal : [Party] *almost gently, reaches down and prises open one dead eyelid*
Eleandilethessa Quil'lyn: [Party] *makes a pointing motion at her temple with a finger*
Eleandilethessa Quil'lyn: [Party] * at all this talk of pain and madness*
Hal : [Party] *the point of his skinning knife hovers over the glazed eyeball for a moment as he considers*
Eleandilethessa Quil'lyn: [Party] *looks at Alandric, but then back to Hal*
Hal : [Party] He has his eyes on that which is unimportant ...
Leisa Margreve: [Party] *nods and steps back waiting patiently*
Hal : [Party] I give him this gift *plucks Jehoram's left eyeball from it's socket with a soft, wet plop*
Eleandilethessa Quil'lyn: [Party] *grins*
Hal : [Party] *holds up the point of his skinning knife and regards his grisly trophy thoughtfully*
Eleandilethessa Quil'lyn: [Party] He'll keep an eye oot fur ye frae noo oan
Hal : [Party] *caresses Jehoram's cheek tenderly*
Alandric Vensk: [Party] Two eyes caused him too much confusion. PErhaps wth one he will see more clearly now
Eleandilethessa Quil'lyn: [Party] *belly laughs at that*
Hal : [Party] *brushes Jehoram's hair back from his forehead*
Leisa Margreve: [Party] *remains silent*
Hal : [Party] Remember .. when you awaken .. the hurt .. the anger .. the pain .. the confusion ...
Hal : [Party] In these things you hear His voice
Hal : [Party] *softly whispering to Jehoram's corpse*
Hal : [Party] He speaks to you child ... with this gift you will learn to hear
Alandric Vensk: [Party] *bows his head*
Hal : [Party] *holds out his Unholy symbol with one hand and chants softly*
Hal : [Party] *places the other hand on Jehoram's breast, raising him to this resonance of pain and misery*
Jehoram : [Party] *He awakens with a scream*
Jehoram : [Party] *he then staggers about the room in pain and blindness, smashing open a number of healing potions and pours the on his face*
Hal : [Party] *drops the eyeball to the ground from the point of the knife and grinds it into jelly underneath his bootheel, nodding to Jehoram as he does so, again with quite the amiable smile*
Jehoram : [Party] *his one good eye radiates hate at Hal*
Hal : [Party] *gives Jehoram a look in return that perhaps says "That's it, now you're getting it"*

With friends like this, who need enemies!?? :)

cbnicholson

« Reply #603 on: February 11, 2010, 09:05:17 am »
A quick thanks and kudos to Carillon for the story in Lans Port last night.  Despite being fuzzy headed from 8 hours of boring Windows 7 training and sore from moving 3 foot of the white stuff manually on Tuesday, she kept me interested and entertained and I think we may have even made a little headway on Innocent Investigations! :)
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

RollinsCat

« Reply #604 on: February 11, 2010, 09:33:42 am »
huge thanks to Osx for a great two-night impromptu, with difficult decisions and lots of thinking required.

And thanks to the intrepid band of rescuers who came galloping to avert a dark elf invasion; Githrin, Dranny, the lovely Daniella (grins at Dweeble), Dweeble, Uwe, and Aunlyn for being the translator and hostage.

Good stuff man!

Xaltotun

« Reply #605 on: February 12, 2010, 09:04:16 am »
This is to EVERYONE who conceived, built, runs, GMs in, plays in, this wonderful world called Layonara.

What brought this about?

I was recently in a quest rum by Mixafix (great gm, by the way) and Angela Swann, Argali Trueaxe, Sasha Tomyris, Lili Hrathen and myself who were rp'ing our socks off and Lili sent me this tell which says it all:

[Fri Feb 12 11:01:10] Lili Hrathen: [Tell] This is great stuff. Never been so heavily RP oriatented server. So much moving pieces and PC really are driving their agenda.

Well done EVERYONE (you know who you are :D )

Hellblazer

« Reply #606 on: February 14, 2010, 05:31:59 pm »
I want to say a special thank to Milt and OSX who placed the things for the wedding. And also to all of those who attended it. We had a real blast!

Warchild214

« Reply #607 on: February 14, 2010, 11:27:23 pm »
gotta be a record for me...almost 4 hours IG and not 1 XP...lol

I had a great time and it was worth every minute...look forward to more.

I should of been actually working during all that but what the hell! ..just gotta run on about 4 hours of sleep come Monday morning now to catch up...hehe

do it all over again....

Kenderfriend

« Reply #608 on: February 15, 2010, 06:46:56 am »
Kudos to Leisa Margreve, Brandin Fleetfeet, Ni'haer, Alandric Vensk, Vrebel, Tralek, Eleandilethessa and Jehoram on the Arachnaphobia quest!! :)

Great fun and roleplaying all round, hope to play with you all again even though you were at the brink of killing each other ;)

geloooo

« Reply #609 on: February 15, 2010, 11:05:43 am »
Great RP from all of you! Only sad part is how Ni'haer basically dishonored himself in front of his associates. Hopefully I remember this second time when using a ranged touch attack on a rogue! *facepalms* :P

Polak76

« Reply #610 on: February 16, 2010, 10:05:57 pm »
Quote from: geloooo
Great RP from all of you! Only sad part is how Ni'haer basically dishonored himself in front of his associates. Hopefully I remember this second time when using a ranged touch attack on a rogue! *facepalms* :P

I agree.  I've been on a good roll with quests these days.  Lord Coves Toran-slaying impromtu, Mixafix's eye-opener and now LC's mosh-pit of chaos.  One thing they all have in common is that the focus is mainly on hurting group members in stead of monsters.  I'm am however,  getting bloody sick of being crippled by you  Rogues/Assassins.  Give a mage a break, my strength is terrible enough without any you guys severing my ankle tendons!
Lots of laughs and a hell of a lot of fun.  I hope we can keep the momentum going.  Just remember one thing, if Hal caresses your cheek you're about to lose a limb.

Xaltotun

« Reply #611 on: February 18, 2010, 07:10:46 pm »
Have you ever met the Battle Sisters? If not, you should.

Four of the Battle Sisters were out exploring and entered a cave in the Ore Hills. On the way back to the surface, they were surprised and attacked by a bunch of ogrillons. The four Sisters, and two animals, stood and fought to defend each other to the bitter end until all the ogrillons had been killed.

It was real touch and go at several points as the battle raged in the tight confines of the corridor, with potions being downed as fast as swords and fists flew. At the end of that mighty battle, none of the Battle Sisters had more than 10-20 hit points left - but we all survived. I applaud you all for your bravery and devotion to each other.

These stoic warrirors were Annwyl Cadi, Xanya Enyafailm, Keppli Quickhands and Ygraine Ursus.

And the chums? Poor Lythar, Keppli's wolf bought it, and also a poor dire bear who happened to fall under Ygraine's charms and got there by accident.

RollinsCat

« Reply #612 on: February 24, 2010, 12:07:31 pm »
Kudos and friendly noogies to all the gms that have been online lately.

right about when I joined this big crazy family, there was a lot of talk about what could be done to make Layo better.  one thing that got mentioned a lot was "more experience from rp".  Well, they listened.  I can tell you that Andrew has felt the silky caress of those xp wands many, many times since then as well as getting caught in and hearing about a ton of great impromptus.  It makes logging in exciting - "what is going to happen now?".

So for all those gms watching, allllllways watching us....*raises his glass of grape juice*.

Xaltotun

« Reply #613 on: February 26, 2010, 02:55:18 pm »
Have just finished a CDQ for Xanya Enyafailm that Phoenix was running for her. Great game Phoenix and thanks - well put together and some twists that caught us off-guard I think.

This final version merits a mention as in my opinion, the rp was great and extended well after the game had finished.

The Battle Sisters (Xanya, Annwyl Cadi, Keppli Quickhands, Lili Hrathen and Ygraine Ursus) had "borrowed" a cord from Spellguard that was used in transmogrification rituals, to help save Xanya's sister.

When the Sisters returned the cord, the man they spoke to accused them of being thieves, but some of them insisted that since they were returning it, they were simply borrowing it.

Keppli was really belligerent and Ygraine nearly started a fight with the authorities, while Xanya and Annwyl tried to broker a middle ground.

This RP rolled on after the game completed, with Xanya changing into a bear going on the rampage in the countryside outside Spellguard, killing anything she could find. During this, the Sisters ran with her calling on her to calm down and trying to placate her to no avail for ages.

Keppli showed a side that Ygraine had not been aware of and has opened a rift not seen in the Sisters before. Will this be the start of a new direction or will all be forgiven.

See Keppli's journal entry for her side of the story: http://forums.layonara.com/1576692-post53.html

merlin34baseball

« Reply #614 on: March 01, 2010, 12:40:19 am »
Hello Everyone,

I would just like to thank everyone for their role play on this server especially in the last several days. I play with my 9 year old son (he swears he's 10, but his birthday isn't til friday) for their patience and good role play.

I was nervous at first about letting him play, but after 4+ years of playing here I should have known better. I have never had to worry about him on here. I can walk away to cook dinner and let him play and I know that the community is respecting him, which is a powerful thing.

That means a lot in the internet age these days.

I thank L,the TEAM, and the PLAYERS for providing this type of environment for all of us.

My Thanks,
Merlin34

RollinsCat

« Reply #615 on: March 02, 2010, 07:19:31 pm »
Our two newest gms Lance Navelgazer and Aerimor.

They're everywhere, man - the impromptus have been great.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #616 on: March 02, 2010, 08:00:54 pm »
Grand Kudos to Aerimor last night!  That was fun.  :)  Always thought DMs should NPC up the Arena when people are RPing sparring in there.  Maybe next time, we'll have a beast master...  ;)  Great fun!

cbnicholson

« Reply #617 on: March 15, 2010, 09:19:16 am »
Throwing out some Kudos to osXmallard, Emwonk, Jennara, Argos, Lana, Bella, Elohanna for a great trial Sunday. 8)  Thank you all for an interesting afternoon.
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

merlin34baseball

« Reply #618 on: March 25, 2010, 03:07:25 am »
Thanks everyone at the festival tonight.

The worst part is now I have to go find sausages.

OK... GMs...

You cannot have street vendors selling three kinds of mustard covered sausages at 1:00 am. Now I'm hungry, and Chaynce gets to sit by a fire and eat hotdogs. So not fair, my virtual person is having delicious hotdogs and I'm looking at soup in a can.

Much love for the after quest hotdog vendor Jerimiah Sizzle!

My thanks to everyone who came.

RollinsCat

« Reply #619 on: March 28, 2010, 10:59:05 pm »
all the folks who came to hear Willie the Bard sing - and provided cover for his escape.

and to J for putting himself between a Blackwatch and Willie.  bullies, pickin' on old men like that!

and special thanks to Lyle for taking over the show so Willie could try to slip away.

great fun! *waves a bottle*

anything