The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Kudos for great roleplay  (Read 35513 times)

XBlade

• View Profile
    Re: Kudos for great roleplay
    « Reply #80 on: May 09, 2007, 04:29:51 am »
    Quote from: Pseudonym
    A couple of new players asked to join a quest I was running the other night. Can't remember their forum names (and I am too lazy to look it up) but the character's names were Taric and Hotaru.

It was a testament to their RP ability that despite the presence of some higher level, more experienced players/characters present, they both got in there and weren't afraid to offer opinions, contrary or otherwise, roll their skills, etc, etc. I especially liked when the rest of the party moves on to the next stage of the adventure and Taric hangs back a moment to try and bluff Farmer Part that he is from the Layo IRS and Part is in arrears .... better luck next time, he's been dealing with cheeky adventurers for a long time now sonny!!!

Oi! I'm over 'ere!
    Taric!

Thank you, wow I didn't know that I was doing that well. Thank you for pointing me out! I thought the quest was fantastic, and just found it halarious how I failed some of my throws...*He carefully and gracefully enters the hole* (FAIL DEX CHECK) AHHHHHHHHHHH! *Rolls down the hole and lands with a thud*
    Also, I loved how we approached the orc, then I started speaking "Dumb" then everyone else followed, it was halarious.

"Yoo gots boss?"

"Yum yums."

Oh yes, that made me giggle  Was very cool to watch Taric and Hotaru fight it out, and I just love watching them in general!

Thanks Kinai! I enjoyed RPing with you yesterday, with Hawklen as well. Found the story fantastic to hear, you're a very good story teller and your descriptions were excellent, I think you blew away all the bards away at Hempstead.
    I look forward to more RP opportunities.

Hellblazer

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2007, 02:14:00 am »
    Yeah i liked that quest (Brian aka Njord).Great RP all around.

bobby1361

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2007, 04:27:00 pm »
    Taric,Hotaru, and A'arwyn (sorry if i spelt that wrong!) Are all great to Rp with.
    They have all helped me out on more than once occasion all whist being great rp'ers.
    I hope to meet them again and spend more time with them.
    Well done you three.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2007, 04:31:16 pm »
    A kudos to Nathaniel, Jilseponie, and Tyrian today for some good merchant roleplay. I like it when there's more to a merchant trade sometimes then handing the item off and running along. Really brought a touch of realism to the characters, especially with Nathaniel.

bobby1361

« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2007, 06:49:30 am »
    Got to say it again.
    Hotaru and A'arwynn are great.And towards the end of my time on Katrina came.
    Great rp you lot!
    (also thanks for XP!)

Hotaru

• View Profile
      « Reply #85 on: May 12, 2007, 07:39:54 am »
      Better late than never eh? Luna (you're not a bad RPer yourself :P ), Taric (despite being the annoying tall folk he is :] ), Brian, Kinai, Hawklen (fear my pebble), and we just can't forget my favorite two dwarves Jacrum and Gothim  the list goes on and i'm too lazy to remember them all :(

XBlade -  *He carefully and gracefully enters the hole* (FAIL DEX CHECK) AHHHHHHHHHHH! *Rolls down the hole and lands with a thud*

ya that was just great i laughed in me desk chair... i think i might add that as my sig :D

bobby1361

« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2007, 09:55:14 am »
      Everyone who did the GM today about 10 minutes ago it finishede.

Lilswanwillow

« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2007, 12:58:35 pm »
      Matthias-for being the most irritating Rofie in the world :D

LordCove

« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2007, 02:19:25 pm »
      This ones for:

-BlackRaven-  ( Katrina/ Red )  Bloody hillarious....hard to keep up with, been laughing my back off for days.

Ystrday ( Tegan ) Again, some of the emotes and speech that come out leave me picturing everything in detail. Classic!

And double Kudos to -Lin'da- and -Angela- on the Deep expedition. How you folks can keep the RP going whilst running, fighting and casting at the same time baffles me. I had a great time trying to stay alive down there!! Big thanks!

pelordaes7

« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2007, 03:49:07 pm »
      Katrina, for coming up with the suggestion that Matthias could be an imposter and trying to pull off his mustache in public...and allowing her self to be slapped without retribution....heh that was funny.

XBlade

• View Profile
        « Reply #90 on: May 13, 2007, 06:28:37 pm »
        Quote from: Hotaru
        Better late than never eh? Luna (you're not a bad RPer yourself :P ), Taric (despite being the annoying tall folk he is :] ), Brian, Kinai, Hawklen (fear my pebble), and we just can't forget my favorite two dwarves Jacrum and Gothim  the list goes on and i'm too lazy to remember them all :(

XBlade -  *He carefully and gracefully enters the hole* (FAIL DEX CHECK) AHHHHHHHHHHH! *Rolls down the hole and lands with a thud*

ya that was just great i laughed in me desk chair... i think i might add that as my sig :D

Annoying? Taric is not annoying just asks a stupid large amount of questions! Yup, I do enjoy RPing with you Luna, love how you just go:

Luna- "Oh look! I can now cast spells without the use of materials!"
        Taric - "Oh rea-" Luna- *Fireball on a public path* "See?"

Well...not exactly like that but I felt that's what would have happened if it was RL...

I'm so glad I'm a quote now! I find Hotaru's halfling sayings halarious:

"I ain't touching that body, looks like an orcs mother!" *To a ghouls corpse*

I almost fell off my chair at that point, just found it so funny and something that a halfling WOULD say...well I think.

**ADDED AFTER EDIT**

Oh yeah, forgot to add, Ron Kalahan (Very similar to Taric Calahan...second name wise...) In which we hunted some bandits, I thought he did very well tracking the bandits and then questioning the bandit cleric...until Taric put a rapier through him!

Taric/XBlade

Honora

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2007, 09:42:02 pm »
        Nods to Emwonk, who has quickly become one of my favorite characters to RP with right now.  He's made the Elemental Mystery quest a blast!

Corba is making it her duty to learn to speak his language! :)

Nehetsrev

« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2007, 10:31:37 am »
        Funny thing about Emwonk is I've also considered drasticly changing the way he communicates from time to time as a resultant symptom of particularly bad episodes of trauma/insanity and that inner struggle between his somewhat split personalities.  I like punnishing myself by making my mind numb from thinking as Emwonk.  :D

Again I offer Kudos to everyone I RP with on a fairly constant basis, and even those who make one-off encounters fun and enjoyable.  I could list names, but there are just too many and I'd likely leave a few out and hurt some feelings or something.  Anyway, usually most of those who are good RPer's know they are, and can rightfully pat themselves on their own backs if they've RPed with any of my characters and enjoyed said RP.

Hotaru

• View Profile
          « Reply #93 on: May 14, 2007, 04:50:28 pm »
          kudos to the gm mission team i went on into Silkwood for that witch lady(which was quite a bit over half the server at that time so i can't remember their names) only names i remember are Gothim, Jacrum, Kuguar, Luna, Kalim (i think that's how it's spelled) and that's really all i can remember off the top of my head... but my internet died... so i had to leave un-expectedly *pouts*

that and you're darn right that's what a halfling would say Taric... or somethin' along those lines... still... nothing better than "You're ugly and you smell like a rotting skunk! Hee Hee!"

bobby1361

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2007, 01:28:37 pm »
          Quote from: Hotaru
          kudos to the gm mission team i went on into Silkwood for that witch lady(which was quite a bit over half the server at that time so i can't remember their names) only names i remember are Gothim, Jacrum, Kuguar, Luna, Kalim (i think that's how it's spelled) and that's really all i can remember off the top of my head... but my internet died... so i had to leave un-expectedly *pouts*

that and you're darn right that's what a halfling would say Taric... or somethin' along those lines... still... nothing better than "You're ugly and you smell like a rotting skunk! Hee Hee!"

There was only 3 people not in the party at the start.

Kirbiana

« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2007, 08:31:08 pm »
          I would just like to thank Gvhe for a lovely little bit of RP this morning in Hlint.  Imagine my surprise when one of the black kitties we're all so used to seeing there ran across the road and started meowing at me, then took a few moments to chase the butterflies near the pawnshops before scampering off.  It was just a small interaction, but it changed a routine morning of gathering barley into the kind of delightful Layo moment that lets you forget you're in a virtual world.  Many thanks from Mirrim!

bmkbobcat

• View Profile
            « Reply #96 on: May 16, 2007, 07:11:07 am »
            *wisps her tail happily and does a few circles at your feet*

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2007, 11:49:15 am »
            A kudos to everyone who attended the unplanned party at Hawk's and Kinai's house. I had a blast, and I think Kinai will be needing to make more food soon to throw a proper party where you can "raid the pantry."

Just need to get that pie.

Anyhow, kudos to Lino, Shiff, Val, Treana, and Hawk.

thedagda

« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2007, 05:44:14 pm »
            Had a blast today, Benjamin.  Very well done. And, while I'm here a few more congrats and thanks for the rp.  Emwonk, it's always a great time running into you.  Mylindra, Storold, Barion, Jennara, the Stormbrow brothers (Durgen and Kurgin), and the others I am most certainly forgetting (sorry).  Haven't had a bad experience yet...and don't expect it.  Everyone I have met does a wonderful job.  Thanks

star23_16

• View Profile
              « Reply #99 on: May 17, 2007, 12:22:26 am »
              sadly i cant remember the players names buuuut ...

kudos to Lance and Randi . i really had a great time following you two around and enjoyed the rp very much . showing Star around while i got to see the personalities your characters had was fun not to say the jokes and to the others helping spicing up the fun , it was fun i really enjoyed it and felt welcomed ingame :)