The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Kudos for great roleplay  (Read 34621 times)

Unknown User

Kudos for great roleplay
« Reply #660 on: September 22, 2010, 10:12:18 pm »
Thanks for every one who showed up, it was a very pleasant time.

Ravemore

Kudos for great roleplay
« Reply #661 on: September 23, 2010, 01:45:08 am »
I just wanted to say special thanks to Hellblazer for playing along with this, and Gelooo for investing so much of himself. I'm beginning to believe that at least 50% of the active player base has been involved in this at some point in time, many having no idea the contributions of other stakeholders or the importance of their own involvement. So much has transpired since the mass PVP quest with Milty as GM that gave birth to this scheme. The help of other GM's such as Dezza and Masterjack have also been greatly appreciated. It has spanned several months RL, cost many thousands of true, sweat, tears, blood, and has been a lot of fun. The results were not what was expected, but then again if everything was certain and the outcome a known factor, where would the fun be then?

As players we do have the ability to shape the world and our quests. We can make our own mark, but it takes time and patience, and sometimes a lot of failures. And in Nihar's case, a greatly dininshed pay day. LOL.

So, Kudos to Hellblazer and Gelooo!

The only OOC question now is... Who will the attention of dark powers turn to next? Two down, how many to go?

Unknown User

Kudos for great roleplay
« Reply #662 on: September 23, 2010, 03:06:11 am »
I want to say thanks for tuggs, kylie, hayley and Fleur for a fun trip and bantering. It was appreciated.

A triple kudos for Fleur for helping me get some iron after that trip and the Rp was just top notch.

Unknown User

Kudos for great roleplay
« Reply #663 on: September 23, 2010, 03:31:12 am »

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravemore
               View Post

I just wanted to say special thanks to Hellblazer for playing along with this, and Gelooo for investing so much of himself. I'm beginning to believe that at least 50% of the active player base has been involved in this at some point in time, many having no idea the contributions of other stakeholders or the importance of their own involvement. So much has transpired since the mass PVP quest with Milty as GM that gave birth to this scheme. The help of other GM's such as Dezza and Masterjack have also been greatly appreciated. It has spanned several months RL, cost many thousands of true, sweat, tears, blood, and has been a lot of fun. The results were not what was expected, but then again if everything was certain and the outcome a known factor, where would the fun be then?

As players we do have the ability to shape the world and our quests. We can make our own mark, but it takes time and patience, and sometimes a lot of failures. And in Nihar's case, a greatly dininshed pay day. LOL.

So, Kudos to Hellblazer and Gelooo!

The only OOC question now is... Who will the attention of dark powers turn to next? Two down, how many to go?

yes thanks To MJ and the others once again.

I think a good kudos is due to Jrizz who wasn't able to get on tonight but still took the time to write up a good letter to judge Kirus. Just thought I'd share it as an example of what I think is a very good out of game rp, even if it's just a letter.

Quote:

*A letter is sent to the Hlint court authorities addressed to Judge Kirus*

Your Honor,

My name is Wren Thendor, I was a long time resident of Hlint and my brother Glenn was a defender of Hlint over many threats. I am writing to you to address the charges against Tyillaan Selaama the dark elf archer. I do this due to the fact that it was I that brought her up from The Deep and into the light of the above world.

I rescued her from slavers and delivered her into the caring hands of the church of Az'atta. I checked in on her from time to time and all indications were that she was seeing the world in a different and better way. After she left the church I have had many chances to observe her. She has conducted herself always as one with no malicious intent.

I would like to state here that very early on I let her know that if she turned to the dark ways of her people that I would be the one to hunt her down and put an end to her days. I have yet to see proof of that, and I have looked. With all of that said, I stand publicly in support of Tyillaan Selaama. If you so see fit I would like that to be known to the court.

Sincerely,

Wren Thendor

It's just too bad it wasn't read in court, and I don't know if the judge actually took it into view, but still a good effort from Jrizz. So Kudos mate!

Unknown User

Kudos for great roleplay
« Reply #664 on: September 23, 2010, 04:15:01 am »
Ty's trial was a great effort involving a lot of people so well done all involved, a tremendous effort.

Sitting on the benches at the back though, I must remark how the defence attorney made the prosecutor look useless, so well done Tralek Rivarmar...you made the prosecutor look so bad that I wondered if he had been paid to play into Tralek's hands

And special thanks of course to Hellblazer for putting himself into that position...it was a risky thing to do but he played it well, in my opinion from the back benches.

And finally to Masterjack and the other gms who had hands in setting everything up. Great stuff.

aragwen

Kudos for great roleplay
« Reply #665 on: September 23, 2010, 11:18:37 am »

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollinsCat
               View Post

To Tralek, for being the best barrister in Layo.

seriously, if Andrew is ever in legal trouble, he knows who to call now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaltotun
               View Post

Ty's trial was a great effort involving a lot of Sitting on the benches at the back though, I must remark how the defence attorney made the prosecutor look useless, so well done Tralek Rivarmar...you made the prosecutor look so bad that I wondered if he had been paid to play into Tralek's hands

Eh eh... perhaps you should have a look at Tralek's player profile.  I guess nothing beats an IG Attorney played by a RL ones

Hellblazer

Re: Kudos for great roleplay
« Reply #666 on: September 25, 2010, 10:50:13 pm »
:) Now you understand why I had him or his brother in in mind ;)

xsweetpeaxs

« Reply #667 on: September 27, 2010, 04:20:15 am »
Thank you Redeemer & gnome players for a fun gnome series earlier today! Tons of kudos goes out to Redeemer for taking your time out playing your character to help fix the horse bug on Kylie afterwards. I truly appreciate it :)

mixafix

« Reply #668 on: September 27, 2010, 05:22:35 am »
Yes thanks to all taking part in this, there is some interesting characters out there and what with a whiff of hostility and a hint of suspicion as the group begins to find it's worth and direction, I look forward to the next episode with childish enthusiasm - more power to detailed RP games.

« Reply #669 on: September 28, 2010, 11:38:13 pm »
Big thansk to every one on nimrod quest tonight, had a great time with the rp, bickering, undecisions, head scratching time to figure out a way to get back on track.

Great quest also to Nimrod

Eeroas

« Reply #670 on: October 04, 2010, 07:43:23 am »
My Kudos to Derekbr, Pseudonym and Xaltotun for fun moments in trolloc hunting trip.

Alatriel

« Reply #671 on: October 07, 2010, 08:10:12 pm »
Thanks Tod for the rp trip that included some fights.  I can only just picture Tod cutting wires, throwing sand into joints, unscrewing bolts, and teasing and taunting golems.  That was incredible.  You made my night.

RollinsCat

« Reply #672 on: October 07, 2010, 11:21:21 pm »
speaking of impromptus!

huge thanks to the dagda for the golum, the jellies, and the fun in Misted and to Flynn and Damon for exceptional roleplay.

and I'll be contacting you, dagda, about Andrew's new art idea...

xsweetpeaxs

« Reply #673 on: October 10, 2010, 06:38:44 am »
Thank you Ygraine, Annwyl, and Xanya for joining us. That was loads of fun & excitement!! Phew! That Moss Crypt, we will be back *shakes fist in the air* I noticed something, first it was the slaad crypt, and now this crypt, there must be a trend that the Copperstones can't do crypt. Hahaha.:D

RollinsCat

« Reply #674 on: October 11, 2010, 08:41:28 pm »
kudos to Alantha and Angela today for the pixie frolic.

An excerpt the scene (dialogue as I remember it so it's the jist, not verbatim):  Andrew and Angela have just finished clue hunting around Lor and are having a discussion of what they've found when a pixie named Elly shows up (alone).  hijinx ensue, Andrew coaxes Elly into his hand, and Angela pulls out a scroll and turns herself into a pixie and lands on Andrew's OTHER hand.

Angela (in teensy pixie voice):  Who weighs more?

Andrew: *weighs them back and forth*  Hm, I'd say...about the same.  See?  Not stupid!  

Andrew: I'd say Angela is a bit taller and you're more curvaceous.

Elly: Courageous? Yeah!

Angela: Curvaceous.  It means FAT.

Elly:  I am not fat!

Andrew: I didn't say that!  Curvaceous, it means curvy, womanly, feminine...

Angela: Fat.

Elly: I am NOT FAT!  *glares at Andrew*

Angela: Chubber.

Andrew: I didn't mean...err, the man is going to lose this one, isn't he?

I was actually laughing out loud behind the keyboard.  If anyone has logs, please send them to me!

Alatriel

« Reply #675 on: October 13, 2010, 11:55:01 pm »
Thanks to the Triple-S squad.  You guys all did a fantastic job of rping, staying in character, and staying on topic.  The immersion tonight was phenomenal.  Thanks for bearing with me and trying things a slightly different way, and I look forward to many more player-run-events with all of you that hopefully will make a difference to all of us.  From the bottom of my heart, thanks again.

~Alatriel

willhoff

« Reply #676 on: October 14, 2010, 12:08:14 am »
Thanks to Ygraine, Grovel and Andrew for stoping by at Zigrumm's fire.  We had a good chat regarding the aliance and strategy.  Zigruum's got some new ideas for his upcoming speech.

~Willhoff

« Reply #677 on: October 15, 2010, 12:10:01 am »
Thanks to Daniella, steel and especially Chaynce for some good rp fun.

Alatriel

« Reply #678 on: October 15, 2010, 01:47:48 am »
Thanks to Chaynce, for breaking Daniella's heart, but following yours because it's the right thing to do.  And thanks for having the courage to know that it's better to take a chance and go out swinging and fighting.  Heros may die young, but cowards never really live.

And even if her heart breaks.... Daniella will always support his decision to do the right and valiant thing.

xsweetpeaxs

« Reply #679 on: October 17, 2010, 04:24:02 pm »
Thank you Ami for the entertaining RP in Hlint :D You're a naughty girl! LOL Oh also, letting me see firsthand what Hellballs are. I assure you, I will be back to that place with sis, Dwarven cavalries, and one Ghostwise Halfling next time. ;)