The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Leveling  (Read 540 times)

J-ser

• Followers of Shadon
    • View Profile
RE: Leveling
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2005, 12:24:00 pm »
Something kind of off topic, but I should be able to take up a prc when I level this time if the DM's let me. I was given some names of people that are that class so do I need to seek them out and ask for training before I can level up in that class? Or can just level up?

ZeroVega

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2005, 12:53:00 pm »
  First, you must have an RP reason for wanting to take a PrC. They are there to show that your character has trained hard to reach a special level of a certain ability.
    Second, you must resubmitt your characters Bio including the new information that will allow him/her to take the PrC levels. If it's approved then you are good to go.
    It's usually a good idea to starting keeping a journal about the PrC (ie: learning how to sneak better for shadow dancer, learning more about necromancy for a pale master) for a few weeks before you intend to take the levels. Then resubmit your bio with a link to the journal and that will give the GMs more of a reason to approve you. Either way you must get reapproved before you can level in a PrC.

Tedulas

• View Profile
    Leveling
    « Reply #22 on: August 15, 2005, 08:31:00 am »
    For me, I would say something like:
    "What the...I feel different, alot...stronger..."
    "Ive learned something new!"

(Im a wizard necro, just waiting for my character to be accepted)

Vincent

• View Profile
      « Reply #23 on: August 15, 2005, 06:04:00 pm »
      You could always go with, "You know, I've always thought that dogs... lay eggs... and I've learned something today."

Elric

• View Profile
        « Reply #24 on: September 13, 2005, 11:46:00 am »
        I have always found the "seasons" terminology insincere. If you say I am level 7 whats the difference from saying I have 7 seasons?

Rping would indicate something along the lines of explaining what experiences you have had over the years and if its related to resting to level or an Item level restriction , I think a tell with ooc information as needed is best suited.

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
          • Followers of Xeen
          • View Profile
        « Reply #25 on: September 13, 2005, 12:45:00 pm »
        Every time someone asks Yardislan how many seasons, I laugh inwardly and he tells them that he probably measures time much differently from how they, as less long-lived races, do.

PsychicToaster

• Followers of Lucinda
          • Followers of Mist
          • Followers of Rofirein
          • View Profile
        « Reply #26 on: September 13, 2005, 12:52:00 pm »
        Every time someone uses the term seasons I cringe.  Honestly, if you need to know my character's level, compare CRs, check the server stats page, or just send a tell.  I'm more likely to give a straight answer to a tell than some awkward RP convention for an OOC concept.  Its not something I consider to be IC information.

Acacea

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2005, 12:56:00 pm »
        A lot of people feel the same way.

Acacea doesn't know what levels are, she thinks epic characters need her protection.

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
          • View Profile
        « Reply #28 on: September 13, 2005, 03:54:00 pm »
        she thinks epic characters need her protection.

or do they need protection from her...

ModernMarvel

• View Profile
          « Reply #29 on: September 14, 2005, 06:30:00 am »
          Yeah, the whole seasons thing is really annoying. Just send them a tell or something.

On actually leveling up, I find the easiest way to RP it is to say, "Hey! I just had a REALLY good idea! Hold on, let me think about it for a sec." For Berris, or for Sargon, I just whip out my spellbook and start scribbling frantically. Seems to work well.

Marv-o-cola

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2005, 11:04:00 am »
          the only thing in-character about seasons is >if< the character happens to have been in a military as a soldier's prowess, pay, and overall seniority has to do with the number of seasons they were in the services of said military.  (as a season in the armies of old was not a full year, as most campaigns only lasted from spring to fall, the winter being difficult to maneuver and house troops).  As such, an ex-soldier can compare his years as a freeblade to fighting seasons in his former military.

goldz8

• Druids
            • Followers of Aeridin
            • View Profile
          « Reply #31 on: September 14, 2005, 03:04:00 pm »
          Couldn't one's character just say something like:

"I've had little experience in this world."

OR

"I've had a lot of experience in this world."

It's all about experience and experience shouldn't be a word that's avoided while roleplaying should it?

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2005, 12:37:00 pm »
          wizards can compare spell circles learned...

sorcerers?... well.. their kinda in a world of their own most of the time

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2005, 02:10:00 pm »
          One can always say that they lack sufficient wisdom for a venture, let's say, Dregar without some more seasoned wisdom.
          Saying wisdom just implies lack of practical application for existing knowledge or skill.
          Find that it works best.

anything