The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: New Guild! Come talk about it OOC!  (Read 201 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

New Guild! Come talk about it OOC!
« on: July 14, 2009, 02:46:08 pm »
Howdy folks!  Shiff here!

As some of you may know (since I've talked about it with you) I have had plans to get a guild together for the purposes of helping people get involved in plot stuff, but also just to offer a network for players to be able to get things done that they might need the help of others with, as well as share information about interesting quests and events that have gone on with other players/characters.  So I am posting a public and open invitation for anyone who might want to be involved with me to come and talk to me about it this weekend.  I won't limit any dialogue to a single time or event, so feel free to PM me or send an in game Tell to me as either Tyra, Shiff, or Aarcus if you have questions or want to know what the deal is.

At the moment, I don't really want to spill the IC details in an OOC fashion, but what I mentioned above is the basic premise.  The idea is to get people to work together to accomplish things, whether it's to have help for a CDQ or to do something major plot/quest wise, to even have some help with a crafting project.  But some of the IC details will be these:
  • The guild is targeted toward being "Good."  Doesn't mean you need to be the nicest person ever, but wanting to help people/beat the 'bad guys' is more or less the idea.
  • While I intend to be the so called leader, I am not planning on bossing people around.  There are some expenses that come with guild-forming and anyone who helps will of course have my thanks.
  • Anyone who joins will have a say in what goes on, but individuals will have more say over their own proposed projects.  So if Castor Goodshot wants to do something and has a plan, he's in charge of that project.  Or is Tyra wants to build a fort or something, she'd be in charge of organizing that...  Just some examples.
  • Some things like Group CDQs/events will be the way I hope to get some of the involved Guild things done, so working together would be great.
Anyway, anyone who would like to get involved please get in touch with me, or post here.  Things that belong more IC (like name and goals and where the guild base is) will be kept to IC talk.  Do try to keep this part OOC right now though.  Don't come up to my PCs asking about a guild, cause that's not how I'd like to handle this.  Right now I just want to see how much interest there is, and I will handle how I go about 'recruiting' from the RP standpoint later.  But no one will be left out if they want to help, but keep in mind I'm not going to be changing how my PC is to suit memebers, keep in mind staying IC.  But all interest and offers to help or get involved will be welcome and accomodated as much as IC-RP will allow.

Hope to hear from many of you!
Shiffy

The following users thanked this post: Pen N Popper, merlin34baseball, Lance Stargazer

Dorganath

Re: New Guild! Come talk about it OOC!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 05:42:08 pm »
Just a friendly suggestion...

We strongly prefer that a single character does not belong to more than one organization at a time as it can (and often does) cause in-game and rules issues. We do make exceptions from time to time but it must be cleared through the GM team before it happens. In no instance will a PC be approved to belong to two different merchant or crafting sorts of organization or two opposing kingdoms or organizations of any sort. No player may have more than one character in a given guild, even if using a different NwN account. This is ripe for muling and crosses the boundry that is acceptable. What this means is that a player may have multiple characters in multiple guilds/organizations but they can not have more than one character in a single guild/organization.

(from [lore]Player Guilds and Organizations[/lore])
Since the purpose is geared toward getting involved with the plot and such, it may be better to not charter it as a "guild", since sharing plot information is really quite important to a favorable outcome. Some may not join because they feel a conflict between their existing guild.

Anyway, something to consider since you're in the early stages.

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: New Guild! Come talk about it OOC!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 06:13:08 pm »
Well thats not the only goal: Plot involvement and information sharing.  It is just one of the things I plan to have part of it.  I'd like to gear it more towards networking for people to achieve goals they need help with.