The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Roleplaying Greater Sanctuary - Purple Glowing PCs  (Read 208 times)

orth

Roleplaying Greater Sanctuary - Purple Glowing PCs
« on: January 05, 2006, 08:45:00 am »
If a player is glowing purplish/pink and somewhat see through, this means they are using Greater Sanctuary, and you shouldn't be seeing them unless you happen to be on the ethereal plane as well.

Chuckles_McChuck

RE: Roleplaying Greater Sanctuary - Purple Glowing PCs
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 08:58:00 am »
I have a question about this accually as it happened on a quest once.  If your on the etheral plane should one be able to hear you move via listen check?  I found that odd, if your on another plane how can one hear you?

Weeblie

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 09:25:00 am »
Can "etherealized" people see other persons then?

Leanthar

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 09:34:00 am »
"...I have a question about this accually as it happened on a quest once. If your on the etheral plane should one be able to hear you move via listen check? I found that odd, if your on another plane how can one hear you?..."
  No, you are on a different plane looking in on the prime world.  However...sometimes npc's will have the ability (via items usually) to see and hear you while under the protection of the spell (I can think of four off the top of my head).
   "...Can "etherealized" people see other persons then?..."
  They can see each other on the etheral plane if they left the prime plane at very close to the same location (IE within 50 or so feet). If not then all they see is gray and shadows.  However... what you really see is a gray/shadowy body when you actually do see somebody on the etheral plane.

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 09:40:00 am »
The way I remember it, the Ethereal plane overlaps the Prime Material, which is why ethereal characters can maneuver through the Prime Material.  As such, one must retain a certain amount of ability to perceive the Prime Material while ethereal.
  The Ethereal plane is so-named after a very old theory of "ether" (also Æther *grins*) which was a substance that filled the empty spaces between matter, including the vast reaches of outer space.  It was also theorized as the medium through which radio transmissions traveled.
  Granted, I haven't cracked the Manual of the Planes in well over a decade, so consider this post flavor and possibility, but not necessarily the truth. :)

Leanthar

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 09:42:00 am »
*smiles at Dorg* I do believe you are pretty much right on.

anything