The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: *The meeting for the faiths, united against a famine*  (Read 923 times)

cbnicholson

Re: *The meeting for the faiths, united against a famine*
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 11:59:56 am »
What factors are we determining for the starrting point then? the information we have on where the famine started or just a general central area?

"My reasons for Hlint have been clearly stated already,  sir.  If any among us have more information on the starting locale, I would most eager to hear of it."
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 12:54:49 pm »
*The man nods slowly* The central place its it then .. Fine I have no objections on that, just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page.  

Allow me to speak some of the information we have, that may show some light into this situatiion, this information put me to doubt a bit more on the ritual itself and yet it won't be the first time that the cure may have to be composed on several efforts.

The questioning about the moths and the equine shapes comes from information on the temple, As we have come to an agreement we should act with caution on this because of the delicate nature of the subject .

Our leaders have informed us of some dark elf involvement on all this thing.

**he pulls out a couple of letters and reads aloud*

Brothers and Sisters of the Faith,

I have met with a contact, who will remain anonymous, regarding a symbol that was found on a group of dark elves when we were investigating the blight.

The symbol belongs to a clan or house of dark elves called the Ur'thal Skagvin'larie. The Ur'thal Skagvinlarie are known to be associated with an ancient prophecy that supposedly foretold the return of Sinthar Bloodstone as well as the defeat of the Demon Lords by Xandrial and the return of the dragons to Layonara. It is said that these things must happen and then the Vin'larie will return along with the Sons and Daughters of the Mother of Darkness to reclaim the surface of the world for themselves.

Upon asking more of the Vin'larie, it was said that these creatures were once created as creatures whose sole purpose was to feed and strengthen the dragons. But in the moment of their creation, the Mother of Darkness put in a drop of her own blood and fed into it all of her hatred and malice and corruption, thereby creating the Vin'larie. This is obviously a myth since the tales do not coincide as far as history shows, however, it does show that it is acknowledged that the Vin'larie are creatures of evil. They exist in the Deep along with the dark elves, but have recently been seen on the surface in conjunction with the blight.

As far as the moths, or Pit Moths as they have been called, they are known possibly also as "aaa", or even butterflies depending on the translation. These aaa are said to be like whispers in the dark, heralding the presence of the Mother of Darkness. They flock to her.

This is no small thing that we are dealing with. We must defend our homes against those of the Deep that seek to destroy and overtake it.

Of rumors that I have heard regarding a ritual to solve the problem, I would only ask if this ritual mentions any of the above mentioned information before taking it entirely seriously.

In the Light of the Hand of Virtue,

*then unrolls another one and reads *

_ Brothers and sister in the faith.

This indeed has been something that has come to gesture slowly upon the last 100 years, the Vin'larie are not new to the land and had been appearing before the famine happened, This creature to those who doesn't know what they are, have equine form with a single horn on the middle of the eyes, they are of black hair and they are indeed of magical nature, they can't be tracked naturally since their trails disappears almost instantly once they pass for a place, They are as our sister Daniella highly dangerous, I've crossed singular combat with one and must say that there are indeed formidable foes, none of us fell on that combat, but one of our brothers fell against it, Strongly caution is recommended on the deals with this creature.

This have some antecedents, back in time about 20 years , there was an attack on the Northern of Co'rrys where a whole village was wipped out, on that time a single dark elven dagger was found that poiinted out under a process of scrying towards a city in the deep, this is the first time I learned about the Vin'larie, but they become silent after this events. It may be they were testing or that other attacks were missed by all the troubles we have under on the last years.

Now this attack to this small village its quite likely as other that happened recently upon the area of Alindor, in the Barony of Green, A whole village gone and one Folianite priest was killed and apparently used in a ritual, Investigations in the Barony are in order.

I've also heard nothing of the said ritual and the questions that my sister in Faith has done concerns me as well.

By the light of Toran , be careful on this, stand bravely and vigilant .

*The man looks at the group with expecting eyes*

*The prunillite looks a bit bored when the knight start to read then blinks*

We have reports of the said moths sightings on the crops, but we haven't found any of those. So not sure what to believe

cbnicholson

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 01:31:33 pm »
Daniel pales visible as the reports are read. "I see why you inquired as to the mothes, equine figures and so forth now Sir Robert.  So tell us, are we fighting yet another prophecy of doom?"

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 01:44:35 pm »
*Robert speaks calmly upon the news revealed*

I am concerned indeed about that case Sir Daniel and esteemed company, its something that may come to us on this time of need that this may brought to us, the famine hits us in a time when the food is crucial after the war, the scars of the war in Belinara still put the world at stake, I know that this may bring new light and probably if our information its right the ritual may have nothing to do with it, still as you mentioned it, if it doesn't work it maybe just a very well planed Hoax.

The next question is.. what we will do now?

cbnicholson

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 01:51:26 pm »
Daniel straightens to his full six foot two inch height and puts his broad shoulders back, armor gleaming gold in the light, "We do what we always have, Sir Robert, We fight the darkness with hope, but this time, Gold willing, we do so together, aye?"

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 01:55:02 pm »
*he stands in a resolute and yet for once the man seems glorious and proudly standing over the humble attitude he had before , to match Daniel show of respect *

As the old times Sir Knight, and hopefully with better results

*he looks upon the council* So what we do now?

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 12:35:19 pm »
*The situation becomes tense as the silent comes and the eyes fall upon Daniel and Amireana*

// Bumpiity bump.

cbnicholson

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 01:22:00 pm »
"We make our way to Hlint, sir..and attempt the ritual as prescribed." Daniel says with as much conviction as he can muster. "To do less is to give into despair."

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 01:43:06 pm »
*Marion interjects *

Which token would you prefer to use , brother Sir Captain?

*She awaits for a reply*

cbnicholson

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 01:56:01 pm »
"Mine own." Daniel says firmly holding up the round medallion from around his neck revealing a circled dragons claw clasping an emerald.  "I believe it matches what is required."

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 01:59:41 pm »
*She pulls then and shows other five to him passing them * Then pick the other four Brother, and we shall start to make our trip then ?

cbnicholson

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 07:09:25 pm »
Daniel studies the medallions of faith offering a brief prayer to the Lord Protector for guidance and picks four at random, handing one to Amireana unless she has such an amulet already for a token, then he picks three. "Satisfactory, I trust?"

Oscar Wilde

Anamnesis

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2012, 06:28:24 am »
She watches them carefully as they pick and declines the one offered for her own hanging around her neck. "I think it is important as much as you do Brother." offering with a reassuring nod.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 12:52:07 pm »
*Marion looks upon the exchange and takes back the other two neckalces to place them into a pouch *

If you excuse me then I'll start to arrange the travel then

*Sir Robert speak * If that is so.. the trip to Hlint is long and we may depart as soon as we can, tomorrow on the morning if posible.  

*he looks upon the other two Toranites for a moment then looks at Daniel and the Prunilites *  I suggest we dismiss this and get to rest , the trip will be long and tiring.

cbnicholson

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2012, 08:34:12 am »
"If there is nothing further, Aye, dismissed.  We meet in Hlint as soon as can be arranged, Sir." Daniel holds up his hand before they depart. "Even if this 'ritual' proves to be for naught, I am honored and greatly pleased at the cooperation seen here and thank you, good sirs and ladies."

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2012, 11:06:05 am »
*Sir Robert clasp Daniel's hand vigrously* Indeed sir.

*The prunilites just wave her hand ยจ* Just don't make further attempts to take over the land of our shrine and we'll be good *she smiles and start to walk out *

Anamnesis

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2012, 11:36:16 pm »
Amireana gently holds to her amulet as she listens to the others.

Raelyn waiting patiently for them all to go their own ways before speaking up any further to those she came with.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2012, 01:30:14 pm »
*The group departs to each diferent sides *

*Marion moves alongside Amireana and Daniel *

*the Toranites on their own*

// Leaving this for a couple of days for you people to discuss if needed.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2012, 10:27:43 am »
// I know.. i know. . it was more than 2 days. . heh

Finally the groups are Gathered and the preparations done for the trip to Hlint, The trip is arranged so they travel towards Leringard by ship. and then a wagon arranged from there to Hlint

The town is seen in the morning after the long trip, the pink light that bathes the wooden palisade greets the wagons where The Rofirenites, the Toranites and Prunillites travel forward, The gates opens for your group, the sun is already showing its golden rays upon your arrival to the town*

cbnicholson

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2012, 02:56:53 pm »
*Daniel moves freely among the groups and asks that no one explains their presence despite the many inquiries from curious town folk.  He does offer the Good Captain of Hlint an explanation if she swears to him she will not spread the word further than those guards and officers that have a need to know.*

Oscar Wilde