The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: *Towards the Breath of the Muse * ... Post Tyiilaan CDQ thread  (Read 6182 times)

Jilseponie Wyndon

Re: *Towards the Breath of the Muse * ... Post Tyiilaan CDQ thre
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2012, 11:15:13 am »
*Jil stands confident next to Ty, giving reassured looks to any that look to her.    She shows she is completely comfortable around Ty.  After a moment of seeing folks reactions, she turns to Sehky*  I thought you told me they had a Dark Elf already among their ranks?  Why would this be a shock to them?

MadHattan

« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2012, 12:01:08 am »
*With a look of compassion and understanding SehKy responds to Jil, his voice carries as the words are obviously for more than just Jil* There is one dark elf of the Ilsarian faith, the Nave Talia Hycinth, whom I have arranged a meeting with Tyillaan.  Nave Hycinth has helped a select few dark elves learn the ways of the Heartsong. A few Ilsarian dark elves, among a faith of thousands, make them extremely rare and precious. The repute of those few is a small drip compared to the repute torrent of the murderous hordes of the deep. I would suspect most at the Breath have never seen a dark elf aside from rare sightings of those known few, darkelves of the Heartsong.  I pray that those of the Breath come to know Tyillaan, as I know her, and yet at the same time keep up their vigilance against dark elves who would threaten the Breath.

Ilsarian faith is between the individual and Ilsare.  Faith does not depend on a hierarchy caste of clerics to tell you what to do or hand down edicts *makes a face*.  You give your heart to Ilsare or you do not.  It is up to the individual to have faith in Ilsare.

*moves to give Tyillaan a reasuring shoulder squeeze* Jil, my point is, many here will never be able to accept Tyillaan as a friend; or overcome fear to even speak with Tyillaan; but they will come to accept Tyillaan as Ilsarian and some will even be able to free themselves from prejudices and seek the inner beauty of Tyillaan as I have.  In many ways seeking inner beauty is a divine act for an Ilsarian; the harder the beauty is to find; the more it makes Ilsare smile when you find it. The shock of another dark elf that follows the Heartsong will wear off in time.

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2012, 11:36:16 am »
*Jil nods and smiles*  Thank you Sehky. *She looks at him with a soft smile* As always, you amaze me with such eloquence of words when you speak of your faith.  Its a shame you do not speak as such when dealing with other matters.  Other times you are most reserved if you even speak at at all.   I wish my words carried such emotion and eloquence as yours do.

MadHattan

« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2012, 04:47:21 pm »
*SehKy holds Jil's eyes for a moment blushing, before shying away embarrassed*

MadHattan

« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2012, 09:01:46 am »
*SehKy talks to Tyillaan, Jil and Cord as they walk* Tyillaan, Jil, Cord *getting their attention*, as we walk the Breath and you see thoes about us express themselves and their passions, I want you to remember this:  It is not skill Ilsare desires but passion for the art and expression of the self.  You may be inspired to express yourself here in ways outside your areas of comfort, to dance, sing, paint, sculpt, carve, fletch, or write.  Feel at ease in that none here will ridicule you for lacking skill, ever.  This is a place where you can discover yourself without the risks and baggage found outside the Breath.  Feel free to explore yourself.  Express your passions in ways you have never tried before.  Discovering new beauty inside yourself can be the greatest challenge, with the greatest reward.  *stops the group and gathers everyones hands to his own; then closes his eyes a moment in prayer* May Ilsare grant us all inspiration and the courage to follow that inspiration while we are here at the Breath.

RollinsCat

« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2012, 01:16:14 pm »
He should be paying attention.  It is Cord's first time to this sacred place and he's been subtly trying to introduce her to Ilsare through their lessons anyway.  Tyillaan is new, and with the constant flow of expression, it's new even to him.  Very little stays in one place for long at the Breath.  He should be watching and listening and interacting.

But he can't focus.  He catches snippets of the conversation, comes out of his thoughts long enough to overhear an interesting flirtation between Jil and SehKy - well, is that really a surprise? - but in his head he's shaping a violin.  A stubborn, difficult violin that seems to want to flow together until it doesn't.  The wood has so far been in accord with his fingers but the string still resists.  He'd have given it up long ago, who uses bebelith silk for an instrument anyway?  Except, one time, for just a few bow strokes, he got it right.  He heard what was possible and while the sound wasn't to his tastes he sensed immediately that his customer would love it.  

Whatever he'd done before the silk shredded, he has to do it again and then try to preserve the wound strands.  Muse alone knows how though, and that is why he can't concentrate; he's here, in Her temple, and if there is anyplace that the answer might come...SehKy's assumed command of the group and tour is welcome and he doesn't interrupt but follows the elf's lead.  Slipping out a skein of the thick grey silk, he winds it into a slender string and prays to Ilsare in musical intonations that don't make it to words.  Inspiration, my Muse.  Just a little inspiration.

Hellblazer

« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2012, 01:31:33 pm »
*Ty gave a small hug to each of them after the small prayer that Sehky gave and took a deep breath.*

This place is amazing, inspiring and I am truly thankful for you all to be here with me, sharing this with me. I just wish that in the future, I will find the .. muse *she smiles a little* in me to express my feelings, no matter how well I do it.

RollinsCat

« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2012, 01:59:32 pm »
He's lost in his thoughts.  A dark elf moves toward him, reaches - he flinches before he knows it's this one, this exception that his wife has personally vetted.  He flinches, and his hand rubs his left shoulder on reflex.

MadHattan

« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2012, 03:33:41 pm »
*gives Tyillaan a compassionate smile with her hug and whispers* Have faith in Ilsare Tyillaan, give her your heart and have faith.

Hellblazer

« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2012, 12:25:37 pm »
*She nodded and looked at them once more*

I think we should press on to see the naive, I've done enough damage here without wanting to. Nonetheless I will never forget this place, and hopefully I will be able to come back often.

Anamnesis

« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2012, 06:42:52 am »
Still offering a soft melody inspired by the emotions of those around them she continues to hum, more than talk, and to also take in the beauty of the Breath, while she follows the others, sadness in her own eyes as she thinks of how much her mother would have loved it here.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2012, 11:34:31 am »
*The elf guides the group to the inner halls, a set of fountains can be seen in the garden by the window as the group passes, the people on the outside are just lazying around ( or what seemed to be lazying around ), and others focused on their creative works, an ocassional scream of happiness as one artwork is finally over ( or started its hard to tell )

*Finally the elf guides you all to small area that has been arranged with plenty of veils, the place seems magical, the veils help to describe the motions of your bodies as you move into the small room, there the elf stays at the entrace*

The Nave Talia is in this room *he anounces*

*As you enter the room moving the veils away you see a small and slender figure in the end of the hall her features hidden under a cloak and hood, the unmistakeable red eyes in the darkness of the room ( those with low light vision, may still find hard to see in here, but those who doesn't have it, will feel at times in total darkness. *

RollinsCat

« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2012, 11:44:37 am »
Red eyes in the darkness.  A Nave of Ilsare's.  He bows deeply with his arms at his sides.  It is two-fold; instinctive respect, she is a Nave; and with his eyes parallel to the floor and his hair hanging around his face, she can't see how conflicted he is.  He's in a room with two dark elven females.  The pain in his left shoulder is suddenly as fresh as the day he woke with his tattoo.

Hellblazer

« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2012, 12:07:15 pm »
*As Ty passes through the veils, she seems to be moving in a way that would tell she is trying to move through them without touching them, looking around and up from time to time, she seems to be turning on her self as she moves, to take in the sight, all the while, just like when she is in combat, very fluid, almost like dancing. When she finally reach the spot where Andrew bows, she herself bows in respect and stays bowed.*

Anamnesis

« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2012, 12:23:05 pm »
As if blown back into the past, she stiffens visibly, the calm that she tried to convey to Ty gone, and she keeps her head bowed completely averting her eyes from the naves, not that she could see them, and the hum now an old melody of her mothers, more to comfort herself in the darkness.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2012, 02:06:10 pm »
*Jil stays close to Ty, mirroring her steps to so as not to lose her in the darkness.  She speaks up*

Is it always customary to meet guests in total darkness?  My previous trips here did no start as such and I would think it rude to those that do not have the ability to see under such conditions. I would hate to bump into someone or their art and ruin it.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2012, 02:23:32 pm »
*Upon Jill's Outburst the red eyes seem to pull back a bit, then a gentle voice if ever shy replies at that*

Only if you see with your physical eyes, and missed the point of the room, *the figure in the back doesn't move much, as if measuring the situation and everyone and each of the ones in the room*

I bid your welcome to the breath of the Muse, you may forgive the darkness, and yes worry not i won't believe you'd be able to understand that the light is still somehow painful to my eyes.   *The voice is pitched high, and somehow harsh ( as in under a lot of effort ) *

I am Talia, *she gives a look towards SehKy, with a mixure of feelings ( or whatever that can be interpreted in this total darkness ), * And i bid you welcome.

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2012, 02:44:33 pm »
My apologies if what I said came across offensive.  It was not my intention.  If the lesson was to see what things were like for a blind person, I have been in that position many times in battle whether it was cast upon us by my allies or the enemy. And it is a feeling I am not comfortable with at all.  A little warning perhaps would let me cast the ability to see in these conditions might have been appropriate.  But please do not take my manner as an insult or degrading as it is not the intention.  I am Jil and thank you for bidding us welcome in your halls.

RollinsCat

« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2012, 03:01:40 pm »
Humming and listening to his own emotional turmoil.  Feel it; acknowledge it; then find a thread of calm.  She's a Nave and beloved of Ilsare.  She is NOT one who starved you and carved you.  We both love Ilsare.  Focus on that.  

The bard takes a few long breaths as he stands out of his bow.
 "Thank you Milady Talia, I am very honored to meet you...if suffering for actions in my past."  Honestly put and he forces himself to look into those red orbs.  He doesn't hide his discomfort now, nor is it as strong as when he first entered the room.  He does find himself rubbing the scar on his shoulder.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2012, 03:49:59 pm »
*As the words are exchanged she expresses again some words, in the same stressed and high pitched voice*

I accept your apology, worry not, I am used to people not looking upon things other than their own, this in fact its nothing wrong, just two people living in diferent worlds,

You may do as you wish, as long as it doesn't come to harm anything in the muse *she offers with a smile ( or what sounds like a smile ). *in reply to the request for casting for the ability to see in the dark*

I was approached by one of your members, one that is shy but make his soul soar, he mentioned to introduce me someone
*looks over SehKy as she speaks, as if awaiting*