The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A balmy evening in Vehl ...  (Read 357 times)

Pseudonym

A balmy evening in Vehl ...
« on: January 01, 2010, 09:14:37 pm »
"Follow the cups ... keep yer eye on the cups Sir"

"Just one true ... pick the cup and double yer coin ... easy as that Sir it is"

*swish swish, fast moving hands*

"That's it Sir ... I'll go slow as you like, I like the look of you I do, Yessir"

*lifts one of the three upside-down cups to reveal a small nut*

[a conspiratorial whisper] "There you are Sir, thought I'd just give you another quick peek in case you’d lost it"

*swish swish, fast moving hands*

"Whenever you're ready now Sir ... pick your cup and double your money"

*point*

*cup overturned to reveal ... nothing*

"Aaaah, I really thought you had it then Sir ... kind of lost track of it myself I did. Better luck next time Sir ..."

~oOo~

Later in the evening.

~oOo~

"'Ello lads. I got your coin here I do. Of course I do. You can trust ol' Markay, safe as houses I is. Not a bad night it was in the end. Two coins fer ev'ry ten for you fine gentlemen. Here you is."

*a hand takes the offered coin purse. The flash of a red sleeve.*

"It feels light on Markay"

[injured tone]"Whaddya mean Sir? Fair as a judge I is, no way would I be so stupid as to try to cheat ye from yer coins. No way Sirs!"

"Best you don't Markay, a word for the wise. The boss is back and if your purse is light it ain't just you we'll come after. You remember how it was before he went away? It'll be you ... your woman ... your pretty lil' 'uns ... your mother, your father ... everyone and anyone you ever once even graced with yer smile ... and it won't be quick either."

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle

Xaltotun

Re: A balmy evening in Vehl ...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 11:43:19 am »
A small woman dressed all in red overhears this and muses to herself.

'A return to the old ways? Hmm, and here were plans to make this place great; but if what I think is what has happened, then it may well be worth it.'

She walks into the shadows, a small smile playing on her lips. Or perhaps not. It is difficult to pierce the gloom of her enveloping hood before she vanishes into the shadows.

mixafix

Re: A balmy evening in Vehl ...
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 12:11:10 pm »
**overheard at a makeshift shrine** well sure I heard he was back and I am not surprised. Leri Mineer by the way, spiritual advisor to Vehl. yeah well I have been praying pretty constantly to the spiritual child of Vehl - thats the one the Boss was trying to bring back to life. Anyway she has surely answered all those donations and expenses I put in. The only thing I can suggest for you people is to keep praying and keep donating.

anything