The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: What happened to Vale?  (Read 2375 times)

Script Wrecked

What happened to Vale?
« on: May 19, 2019, 07:36:50 am »
Naldin inquires at the various drinking halls and public houses as he travels across Dregar and Mistone.

"Wot happen'd ta Vale un the Forest o' Fog? Ut be un ruins, an' razed to tha groond, loike."

// I have searched the forums, but to no avail. //

The following users thanked this post: Riven

cbnicholson

Re: What happened to Vale?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 10:10:05 am »
Naldin is directed toward Jo Poetr by those in Center.  After a few days Jo himself is seen at the fire.  He tells of months of efforts on the parts of many with him to restore Vale mostly by physical clean up and encouraging the local flora with quantities of imported bat poo, but they were unable to secure the help of a powerful druid and thus unable to remove the deep land curse.  Vale remains the same.  Dispirited the small band wandered off after a period of time.

//only forum entries where a few character development entries at the attempt.  My recollection was we were told something about a curse, but not much else was done or pursued by dm's or players - we sort of just dispersed,  so the effort died on the vine, literally.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 03:15:03 pm by cbnicholson »
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

The following users thanked this post: Serissa, Script Wrecked

Script Wrecked

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 12:45:30 am »
Naldin thanks Jo for bringing him up to date and commiserates with him for the lack of success of their efforts. Naldin draws a parallel to that blighted place in the Hallowlight Forest on Mistone (marked by a grave) that seems to have taken an absolute age to show any signs of improvement.

Naldin then speaks a series of ideas as they enter his thoughts.

"Aye wunder who be stroikin' at tha Mother Nature so? Are thar any soigns un tha Heavens, loike? Yoo know, a dimmin' o' stars, oor oth'r such. Them Aragen folk usually keep an eye on such things. Mabbe that Bird Lord person moight be knowin' a thing oor two."

The following users thanked this post: cbnicholson

cbnicholson

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 03:07:10 pm »
Jo's face hardens, "The Bird Lord, yes.  That was the one druid whose name came up more than once.   We searched in vain for him for quite some time, calls were put out, but he never came, no word came back.  Again, perhaps it was our failure not his.  We did not know precisely how to reach him or if he was reachable.  If you think you know how to reach him, please do so." With an obvious effort of will, Jo forces his features back into a semblance of his friendly self.  "Forgive me, a band of us had hope for Vale as you do and worked hard for a time to improve it.  I am still bitter at the failure.  You're story of Hallowlight gives me some hope.  I have seen life return to that once cursed place."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 03:18:35 pm by cbnicholson »

Oscar Wilde

Script Wrecked

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 08:43:32 pm »
Naldin reports back (to anyone who shows interest).

"Ay were performin' me rangerly duties fer tha Forest o' Fog on Dregar, when ay foond Clover had bin similarly razed to tha groond. After sum investigation, this uz wot ay have bin able to find oot. Furstly, Vale were attacked. Then Clover."

The following users thanked this post: cbnicholson, willhoff

willhoff

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 11:19:22 pm »
* A white bearded dwarf stumbles into Vale drinking his last ale before collapsing in a stupre.  He sleeps for a long time under what is left of the folliage.  When he finally wakes up he wanders around looking into the origin of the devastation and calling on nature to provide any anwers*

The following users thanked this post: cbnicholson, Script Wrecked

cbnicholson

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 07:45:09 am »
Jo listens to Naldin's report quietly, his jaw clenched to the point where a small vein is seen popping out on his temple. "Thank you for bringing this to me, Naldin.  These attacks sound more and more like a small army on the move to me.  Should you need a blade for justice in this matter, please don't hesitate to call upon me.  The folk of both Vale and Clover should be avenged."

Oscar Wilde

Eldoran

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 08:18:40 am »
Eldoran heard news about Vale,

He wants to go investigate, he comes from around there. He as to do something about it.

The following users thanked this post: Script Wrecked

cbnicholson

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 09:44:18 am »
A hopeful Jo Poetr asks around on the location of Fern Fiddlehead.  When asked as to why, he simply replies that the Bird Lord has counseled a more recent look at Vale. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 09:55:31 am by cbnicholson »

Oscar Wilde

The following users thanked this post: Script Wrecked, willhoff

willhoff

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2019, 03:47:37 pm »
*Zig finally get up and brushes off the leaves and ashes from his leathers.  The branches rustle in the large trees still remaining on the outskirts of the devastation.  Zig tilts his head at their voice and a glimmer of hope comes across his wrinkled face.  Has he felt something new, something learned, or is he just happy that his headache is gone?*

*A large hawk swoops down and lands on his shoulder and after some chirping back and forth the large bird heads in the direction of Cloven*

The following users thanked this post: cbnicholson, Script Wrecked