The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Undead Horde Hides Near Dapplegreen!  (Read 267 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

Undead Horde Hides Near Dapplegreen!
« on: December 13, 2009, 09:44:30 pm »
Word is spread around Fort Llast, Hlint, and most of the border lands around Co'rys, that a horde of Undead was found around the old Tower near Dapplegreen.  It is also said the bandits, which rumors whisper are mercenaries from a guild based inFort of Kings, seem to be overly protective of the Tower and may have something to do with the Undead being risen.

Other rumors whisper about the towers legal owner having something to do with it, but no name is mentioned.

At least, not yet.

The following users thanked this post: Kenderfriend

RollinsCat

Re: Undead Horde Hides Near Dapplegreen!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 11:05:50 pm »
*Andrew Reid speaks to the guards in Port Hempstead, asking them to pass the word to travelers that a toll blockade was put up along the road in the outskirts of Dapplegreen, two dangerous-looking women demanding money or goods.  He lamented the loss of a full bottle of silver buckle gin to the "toll guards" there.*

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 12:24:56 am »
Another rumor might also be heard that a raggedly organized band of misfits (and one Knight of the Wyrm) managed to subdue and arrest a bandit that had been collecting 'illegal' tolls along the Dapplegreen road.

Warchild214

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 12:25:48 pm »
*Shadowleaf upon returning from a hunting trip, informs a guard in Fort Vehl that he spotted an undead horde and observed their actions near the tower and the Fort should increase its patrols incase the horde makes its way here.

*trying to catch his breath as he runs up to the guard*

"Excuse me Sir....I was returning back from a hunt, and entering the Dapplegreen outskirts, I noticed movment off in the distance.  I slowed my pace to a crawl and moved with the shadows from the forest canopy and got within 50 yards of the tower without being detected.  I climbed up a big tree and observed an undead horde patroling the perimeter of the tower.  After some time has passed, I heard movement from behind my locale.  My eyes caught sight of a group of bandits who were returning from somewhere and they all were carrying heavily weighted packs.  They walked right underneath me and headed for the tower.  Once reaching the tower, one of the bandits reached into one of the packs and pulled out a handful of coins and they all started laughing.  Then one bandit made a pointing motion and said something to the horde and the patrol of undead walked away from the tower in that direction.  After they left the area, I climbed back down and circled around the slow moving horde and ran most of the way back to inform you...please pass this information on to your commanding officer..."

*walks away in the same direction he came from saying*  

"Now, lets see if I can find them and reduce a few of their numbers...."

Pankoki

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 12:49:54 pm »
((Just a gentle GM reminder. Dapplegreen and its roads and so forth are not in the Brelin Kingdom which is where Port Hempstead is. Check the map here. So while I'm not saying that Hempstead guards wont appreciate the warning, it's not really within their jurisdiction. Such things are probably best roleplayed to be interacted with any Dapplegreen militia or Fort Vehl which is actually in the Co'rys Kingdom.))