The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Amongst the nomads of the Spirit Dunes  (Read 457 times)

gilshem ironstone

Amongst the nomads of the Spirit Dunes
« on: June 17, 2011, 08:09:18 am »
Word spreads across the desert that an elven traveller, dressed like a city-dweller yet not out of sorts, was seen hearding towards the Twin Lion Ruins.  To any that spoke with him on the road, he said that he was looking for treasures of beauty in a part of the desert lost to the memory of humans.

//Want to get a group together next Tuesday, 9pm EDT for adventuring and treasure hunting.

The following users thanked this post: Mooneyes

RollinsCat

Re: Amongst the nomads of the Spirit Dunes
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 08:19:30 am »
//heh if I'm out of jail, sure - have Gel come visit me with that special cake he bakes,  you know, the one with the heavy iron content in the middle...*wink wink*...

Kidding Lance!  Kidding!  *scurries back to his cell*

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 09:00:01 am »
Throughout the journey of the elf, and whoever may join him, as he moves through the desert, at apparently random times, a figure appears at the top of a dune here and there, always far in the distance.  The effects of heat make it difficult to determine much of the figure, thought sharp eyes might see it as man-sized and -shaped, dressed darkly and standing out in contrast against the bright sky and light-colored dunes.

The figure never advances and remains distant and indistinct. It never seems to move, and it seems to disappear just as suddenly as it appears, as if in the blink of an eye, bringing some question as to whether the figure was ever there at all.  Perhaps it was just some trick of the desert.... a mirage perhaps or a hallucination brought on by the heat.

Chazzler

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 06:17:44 pm »
*Upon hearing of a traveling troupe to his homelands, Chakar sports interest on the matter and heads out towards the desert*

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 07:05:48 pm »
A massive sand storm rolls across the desert causing the elf and his company to take refuge for a few days until it subsides.

//RL calls and I can't log on tonight. Apologies. I will re-schedule soon.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 10:13:11 am »
After a few days the sandstorm passes.  Those willing to continue venture deeper in to the Spirit Dunes.

///Re-scheduled the event here.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 10:36:13 am »
Out of the blurry heat, at the edge of your vision, a slender figure clad in purple, long cloak flowing in the desert wind, casually approaches. Beside the feminine form is a larger feline. One hand rests on the black cat's neck, the other adjusts the goggles protecting her eyes. A thick scarf covers and contours to the rest of her face. Before the mirage can close the distance, a voice is audible, if not yet intelligible.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 01:42:38 pm »
Gel'larian looks up and squints against the glaring sun.  He stands at attention and calls out to the wanderer.

Who the devil are you and what are you doing here?

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 02:12:33 pm »
The voice is pleasant, if a bit muffled.

"You may call me... The Cat Witch!"

She curtsies with a flourish of her cloak, sending a wave of sand flying in all directions. The panther paws at the sand in its eyes.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 02:16:05 pm »
He stands there a little stunned at the turn of events.

And why exactly are you here?

His eyes flit from Sahala and the panther.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 02:47:29 pm »
"That is an excellent question, sweet elf, for which I have no answer."

She giggles, and pops open an over-sized water skin slung at her hip, from which she lets the panther drink.

"I daresay, poor Sewli here has been asking me the same question for the past several days."

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 03:32:05 pm »
He looks over her closely and frowns.

Well these deserts are not safe witch, and where we are going is less so.  Do you have a destination?  I can point the way.

His words are kind, his demeanor is not.

//Spot Check of 22 to look her over for anything odd.  Weapons, items, markings etc...

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 08:39:42 pm »
He can clearly she that she wears decorative purple and red clothing which fits snugly to her body, covering all but her head, which is in turn covered by an odd shaped but open-faced helm. Alas, her mask and odd goggles cover all but a few strands of white hair which refuse to stay pulled back. Even her hands are gloved in purple and red. Her cape is long and nearly touches the ground, and she carries a shoulder bag.

"Oh, but where are you going?"