The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: An opportunity or two  (Read 430 times)

mixafix

An opportunity or two
« on: May 27, 2007, 08:23:02 pm »
Rumours abound of a group of adventurers within the Brech Mts seeking something.

Lilswanwillow

Re: An opportunity or two
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 09:24:04 pm »
Beilidel walks out of the mountains, a slight limp in her step.  She is shaking her head, glancing back, murmuring about idiotic riddles.

"first its under Brech.. We went through the cave, under water, went to a coffin, and found.. NOTHING.. stupid stupid riddles...

how am I supposed to beable to figure out a riddle..."

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 09:30:22 pm »
Beilidel and some others and I found some deaders in the Gulf of Bagira with a black flag. I don't know if there's any connections, but since it's what we're dealing with, it might be noteworthy!

Signed above a single, red line,
Kinai Ancalime

mixafix

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 01:58:28 pm »
An interesting thought, though it is not my area of expertise, perhaps there are other Bards more learned than I on this subject, and as for riddles, this one seems hidden away and for you to solve I have my own easy riddles to do, eventually another solved yesterday.

Nus the Bard

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 02:05:53 pm »
*She arcs an eyebrow, a sly smirk crossing her wolf-like features, before penning on her own thoughts*

Bards? Hmm. I know a few...Maybe we'll play seek out a bard next. Although we've never met, it's a good piece of advice. Give those who're good at the game a game to play.

Signed above a single, red line,
Kinai Ancalime

mixafix

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 02:15:06 pm »
Dead things then not quite put to rest, bad business usually, brings out the slayers,and the necromancers both, and all their deadly dark developments deep down dungeons.

Anon

mixafix

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 03:21:04 pm »
//this series will continue shortly - but requires some input from players, as riddles remain unsolved, and alternative action undecided...some direction for another session. ( currently pencilled in for usual time... this Sunday)

I need a little input to build a game ..currently its too open.

Lilswanwillow

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 05:43:27 pm »
//I can be there with Beil.  I just don't know what to do bout that last riddle.

Can those of us as players set up a time like, 2 hours before hand to try and solve it!!  I mean, this is a ton of thought that we need to do, and we really need to figure it out (at least, I want to ;)  )//

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 06:00:26 pm »
//I can show up two hours before if it means we won't stand around drooling... ;)

Marswipp

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 11:08:54 pm »
// *int check* :p
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

mixafix

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 07:17:13 am »
This game is running today (Sunday) need sign ups to measure likely turn out, thanks

Lilswanwillow

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 03:35:53 pm »
*word passes that a woman has been sitting on the Haven benches for a full day and night.  Whenever someone comes up to her, she smiles, nods slowly and says "Waiting.  Riddles to be solved"*

on the second day of her fast, she is joined by a man in shining armor, but they sit silently, looking over the water, watching, waiting.

mixafix

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 04:59:28 am »
A group of adventurers looking somewhat worse for wear rather suddenly turned up at Fort Wayfare, and it appeared they did not all follow Toran! as they were involved in heated discussion over the contents of some diary they had found. This was recovered by all accounts deep underground within a Lich lair.

There was whispered talk of treasure and Undead, but none that witnessed the event could gather the detail. The debate itself centred around ownership of the diary, and there was some talk of legal recourse but the matter seemed unsettled.

Nus the Bard was quickly on the scene, clearly in search of a scoop ahead of the Whisperer but all to no avail, the group had split and gone their separate ways....for now.

mixafix

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 04:47:39 pm »
This series will likely continue this Sunday. However I am looking for player input from those previously on this series. If they have a plan, or know where to go for the next clue in this series please send a PM. (asap thanks)

Otherwise I will assume a certain lack of knowledge and take the game forward.

thanks...

Mixafix

mixafix

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 06:50:51 am »
Nus the bard, hot on the trail of his latest scoop reports thus:

It would appear then following the finding of a lost diary at Fort wayfare there was a series of misadventurers by those most deemd fit to seize the day, to grasp the opportunity: the folly known as adventurers.

A full account of their actions is beyond this bard due to their secretive and devious ways, however I can reliably relate One Lich is down, destroyed and devoid of method of return, also some artifacts of Mechidil the Magnaficently terrible have been uncovered at Spellgard.

What further opportunity this may lead the collective folly that is adventure this bard cannot say at this time.

Rest assured I will aim to be first with the tale and available for recounting at some of the finest ale houses across the land.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 03:26:09 pm »
*Kinai looks at the book in her hand, shrugs, and sets it on fire with a bit of flint and steel before walking off*

This no longer concerns me...

AeonBlues

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 11:15:15 pm »
*Neaeana Irylanam travels to the High Druid of Wolfsword and gives her a message*

Please spread a message to your leaves.  The paladin Clarissa requests an audience with Four Seasons.  She seeks the clear waters of his vision.

Falonthas

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 08:56:13 am »
:drogo sits up on his treelimb and listens to the wind leaves rustle:
now why is a metal clad seeking an elder.....hmm

:a swift movement as he falls from the tree and lands on cheetahs paws headed to the wolfswood:

mixafix

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 03:49:16 am »
A long running quest forum has started for this please apply for access if you deem it appropriate.

mixafix

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2007, 06:09:06 pm »
News from the halflings who would call the Spirit Dunes home. They report at great length of the arrival of a mixed group of travellers intent upon hunting down the skeletal creatures that have in recent months troubled the Dunes and the surrounding lands. They counted the group back a few days later, all accounted for and in good spirit. Though the detail of those days is not yet known the group claimed success and flew mixed banners proudly high, suggesting that the land would be troubled no more.

The halflings present did not agree or disagree, they merely put on dinner and thought it best to wait and see.

anything