The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Blood On Ice -- Leaving the Burial Mound  (Read 617 times)

Acacea

Blood On Ice -- Leaving the Burial Mound
« on: July 05, 2016, 08:19:14 pm »
The halfling had been in fairly good spirits, under the circumstances - as flippant about dire portents as everything else, watching the proceedings unfold with a jovial eye and insatiable curiousity for the magic involved. Until Bear. As they made their way back to the surface, 'Chimes' seemed perturbed by everyone but Ferrit -- and a completely unrelated, innocent quip by Sir Daniel provokes a complaint revealing the source of her distress.Yoa, no troubles keeping the innocent of wrongdoing bound another hour, another day, another lifetime. Never can be too careful, they might be guilty of something. I think me that this martyr Keolith from the Beforetime needed no great beast to turn him. There seems to be great fodder for monstrousness in those that would judge monsters. Despite the accusing words, one less easily provoked might note it is also not the first time she has used the name Keolith in reference to the one who once wore the robes they now carry -- at least once before they even descended into the barrow. A suspicious mind might conclude that she is withholding information, while another, long familiar, might resign themselves to the notion that she's simply forgotten that she knew anything.

((Sorry for thread, just not sure she can make it for the finale. I'm sure that they'd simply find things out from others, but I don't want to give the impression that I wouldn't share!))

The following users thanked this post: cbnicholson, willhoff

Olme

To any that might notice, Oly
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 11:32:57 am »

To any that might notice, Oly seeems far more serious and troubled than he had just hours earlier.

He looks about to each of the party in turn, not saying a word.  He then stops and offers some (not so quiet)  personal prayers to Lady Mist for guidance and protection.

The little interlude concluded, he replaces his helm, unsheathes Woede and looks about, every sense on edge and yet somehow more relaxed and at ease.

Acacea

Acacea brightens just a
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 04:56:21 pm »

Acacea brightens just a little when Oly looks her way. You are from these parts, Ox! Don't you think "frost-fire frozen" sounds dreadful? I mean who would want to be guided by that?

Olme

Oly looks both thoughtful and
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 07:49:01 pm »

Oly looks both thoughtful and a bit confused at her comment,yet somehow clearly pleased thast his opinion is sought.  He replies after seeming to consider itfor a bit :

'It might not be that bad..just may refer to sapphires ..or then again ..maybe not but in that case ...hmm.. I'm thinkin' we'll be finding out soon enough'

anything