The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Center  (Read 2526 times)

cbnicholson

Re: Center
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2012, 11:04:41 am »
"Of course you have, and it is very lovely. None of what you say is my intent, can we stick to the matter at hand please?" Daniel offers in a concilatory tone.  "Blessed crops is what is required by the ritual, Miss.  Also active participation by priests of your ilk.  You have seen the formulae as I have, do you think it has a chance of working?  To be completely forthright, I suspect a hoax or trap myself as its origins are rather suspect, but this"  He shakes the two pieces of parchment for emphasis, "seems to offer some small hope at least."  Daniel pulls a fresh pie from his pack and offers a slice. "We seem to have begun on the wrong foot, so to speak, might I offer a slice of pie as an apology and we can begin anew?"
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2012, 12:40:19 pm »
*She grins* Indeed , we started wrong with the negotiations. Pie should always be first **she snatches the pie and it disappears fast, then after a moment she blinks*  And i hope this is not any kind of bribe or something. . *She shakes his head at herself*  Sorry. old habits, I still don't trust you or your ilk, and yet the famine is no good for the land, and we may do something if you find this kind.,. also five blessed crops aren't going to make a difference, but i want a written paper signed by you that says that you or your faith aren't trying to pull out of place in order to increase your own shrine

As for if it works or not , I can't tell, certainly i haven't heard anything regarding this kind of rituals before, Seems odd that was found as that, but your suspicions are valid. *she looks at the paper again and groans * and we have to deal with those Toranites too ?  I am more and more convinced that this is somehow a kind of thing that won't help us at all . *She sighs*  But the famine is indeed a problem.. so.. where do you plan to do this?  A field of poopies?  Do you have that already ?

cbnicholson

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 11:41:31 am »
Daniel holds out another slice of pie from his dwindling stock, "Aye, the ritual calls for a field of poppies blooming by the moon.  Rather strange as I have it from a friend that poppies only bloom in daylight.  You would not know of such a place?"

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 12:45:35 pm »
*She ponders * That is why i wanted to know a bit more about what the note came from and such .

*She gestures towards the red flowers  field just some metters away of the Bindstone just across the lake *  Cause that may fit your needs, or may not?

Sadly this is too generic. It guess if it goes to this it has to be from where the famine started .
*shrugs*

cbnicholson

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 01:34:26 pm »
"Perhaps if you inquired amongst your faith, such a  place may be known?" Daniel studies the poppies surrounding the bindstone thoughtfully for a time. "I wonder; however, if you may be correct in naming this particular location as a possibility.  The Bindstones are ancient and powerful magic meant to restore bodies.  Also the ritual speaks of having to repeat itself in various locations in order to heal all of the land.  How could that be if there is but one location in which it would work.  Aye, the more I think on it, the more logical it seems.  Have I erred in my thinking?" He finishes in a rush of thought and words.

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2012, 01:40:50 pm »
*She shrugs visibly at the question *

Could or couldn't be . We are really concerned about how things are going with the famine, and our faith have no more clues than what we have told you so far. I will do some inquiries though.

*As all this happen a girl of about 12 years old approaches where the man and the halfling are and hessitantly she pulls Daniel's cloak to call his attention*

Excuse me sir ? Are you perchance Knigth Captain Daniel Poetr ?

cbnicholson

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2012, 05:32:44 pm »
"I am little miss,"Daniel takes a knee stiffly. "How can I aid you?"

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2012, 05:41:58 pm »
*The girl smiles at him* I have something for you sir *she presents a middle sized box to him, the box is made of wood*

Its my understanding that its thanks to you that the Rofirenite knights has been around the area and hence making this place a bit safer, a thankful group of merchant gave me this for you, when they knew you were on the city, a small token of appreciation.

Er. and you are taller than i thought you would be. .

*She presents the box to him*

cbnicholson

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2012, 07:18:50 pm »
"Thank you." Daniel studies the box for a moment. Then attempts to open it.

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2012, 07:48:34 pm »
*The box seems simple wooden with probably some cloths on the inner walls to prevent  damage on the insiders, when Daniel reaches to the lid and opens it, the upper lid slides without problem, almost at the time that Daniel touches or making the attempt to open it , then.... *

*Daniel is able to gasp as one blueberry pie hits him straight into the face, the pieces of pie start to fall down to the ground, there seems to be a spring cautiously placed in the box, that made the mechanism to be sprung once the box is opened*

*The Prunillite can't help to gasp in surprise, and laughs a bit, Then resuming a bit more neutral posture she mentions* Its a shame with such lack of food and someone is playing pranks at this. *he looks over the girl with now a frowned look *

*In the mean time the little girl gasps in surprise as this happens and she looks real red in shame for how the events unfold with the box, she can't help but to jump at Daniel's feet and start to "rescue" some of the pie parts that fell to the ground*

cbnicholson

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2012, 10:55:53 am »
Daniel stands there with a dour expression for a few moments, then bursts out in laughter.  Wiping pie from his face, he asks "I do not suppose you know who this from, little miss?  Nay, you are not in trouble, I am simply asking."

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2012, 11:07:38 am »
*The girl looks up for just a small moment, still looking real red in shame and with her own face full of pie herself , and mud as well , she unable to look up to see him and yet he seems a bit relaxed as she hears his laughter burst out*

*The prunillite in change looks at her with strict gaze*  Seriously? Not in trouble?  That was the worse waste of pie ever, as if not were enough the lack of food, *she mummbles furiously to herself after saying that *

*The girl looks down again but can't stop eating the rest of the pie that she managed to rescue looking really hungry as she does, to the point that she doesn't matter that there are pieces of weed and mud alongside some parts of the pie*

- I amsh shorrry Knightsh Catptainsh . - *said with the full mouth, she swallows in haste and resumes speaking* - A merchant that was a small dwarf or big halfling gave me it, he said that he was representing a merchant company as the story i told you.  *she looks ups still embrased at the turns of the events then start to eat other piece of dirt pie that she rescued *

cbnicholson

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2012, 12:08:48 pm »
"Very well, I should have suspected such, this is not the first prank to be pulled upon the Angels Guild."  Frowning slightly, Daniel removes some dried venison and rye bread wrapped in waxed paper and hands it to the girl. "For yourself and your family, little miss.  It is not much I know, but times are hard indeed."  

Turning back to the Flower of Prunilla, "Where were we, ah yes, the bindstones and poppies.  Pray make your enquiries and send word to the Angels Guild of Hempstead or leave word with the crier here in Center.  I shall await your news." Daniel bows slightly, blueberry still staining his now bluish blonde mustache.

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2012, 12:33:42 pm »
*The girl looks at him with a grateful look*

Thank you Master Knight *she bows her head as if were talking to a noble or so * My family will surely appreciate this. . and I am sorry again. . *she runs away holding the food and gets lost in the crowd *

*The Prunillite looks at him* Fine., We'll look upon that, but do you like the crops or what?  And if you do so, i think there is a paper that need to be signed and deliver isn't it?  *She narrows her eyes a bit to him*

cbnicholson

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2012, 01:01:19 pm »
"Of course, will a written letter of intent signed by myself suffice to quell your suspicions?" Daniel asks, seemingly a little put out that she is pressing the issue.

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2012, 01:21:47 pm »
*Nods slowly apparently convinced so far*

What kind of crops do you require then , "master Knight"?

*She looks at him apparently amused for some reason*

cbnicholson

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2012, 02:36:23 pm »
"I had hoped you may know.  Is there not a standard blessed bundle of wheat or something similiar your order uses?"

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2012, 03:32:53 pm »
*smirks a bit* Order? we have no order per see, and at least you were polite enough to not ask for a clover since those are no crops, but if you only had to imagine all the times someone has came asking for clovers, *she laughs a bit apparently amused for what must say a known halfling joke *

For us any of the crops would do it i guess, but if you had a preference it could be addressed too, If you wait one day before going back to wherever you have to come back, I'll give you the crops tomorrow. If you can wait of course .

*She looks at him awating for his answer*

cbnicholson

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2012, 03:54:38 pm »
"Aye, no dire need other than few starving folk, eh?" Daniel fails at biting back some of his ire then sighs. "Allow me a more courteous answer, the blessed crops whatever they may be, can await a more full agreement amongst the orders prescribed.  Thank you for your time and words, Flower of Prunilla.  Oh.  *Daniel removes a freshly pressed sheet of mahogany parchment and writes carefully the date and place before he adds the following, "On my honor as a Knight Captain of the Wyrm and High Protector of Rofirein, I hereby swear unto the following.  At no time in the past, currently, or plan to in near time seek an enlargement of the shrine to Rofirein erected by the folk of Center for my auspicies."  Daniel carefully signs the document and presents it to her ink still drying.

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2012, 04:07:55 pm »
*Once the document is done and passed to her , she reads it carefully then looks at him* This of course extend to your faith and church as well right?

*Other than that she folds the paper and puts in the bag she is gingerly carrying * Guess this will do it, Not sure what you meant by "more full agreement" but let me know when you would require this, additionally I'll let you know - if- our "order" know anything.  Otherwise we'll be awaiting for your word.