The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Dark Elves in Mistone  (Read 535 times)

Masterjack

Dark Elves in Mistone
« on: September 22, 2010, 10:08:36 pm »
The outcome of the trial of Tyilaan Selaama as the Dark Elf Archer has ended. She was found innocent on all charges.

Once the verdict was read the angry mob outside the courthouse went wild with the news. They caused quiet a bit of damage and injured a few guards in the process.

As the news spreads that the Dark Elf Archer is still out there. People begin looking suspiciously at everyone carrying a bow. People start taking action on there own. Elves with a dark tan have been found hung from a tree. Dark elves that used to be able to live peacefully in towns find that they are not welcome anymore. They are told to move out before something bad happens. Even Fort Vehl is picking on Dark Elves with detailed searches and unexplained entrance fees as they try to enter the gates.

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer, Ravemore

gilshem ironstone

Dark Elves in Mistone
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 12:21:14 am »
Camped outside Hlint, Night hears rumor of the trials outcome.  He smiles at first, but as the days pass, and tales of persecution begin to come out, he stands near the gates and ensures that any elves exiting the town are safe and sound.  If confronted, he makes it clear that he does not want any trouble, but that he will not tolerate any harm to come to his elven kin.

Masterjack

Re: Dark Elves in Mistone
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 09:39:27 pm »
It has been almost a year since the trial of Tyllaan Selaama cleared her of being the Dark Elf Archer. The population of Trelania is till in an uproar over it as they think the courts are wrong. The place where she lives in Fort Llast has been pelted with rotten food and windows smashed. Any one who associates themselves with her or any Dark Elf for that matter gets them same treatment.

RollinsCat

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 09:04:47 am »
Traveling to Llast to see Elohanna, Andrew finds Steel in town instead - and the damaged home, sans his girlfriend.  He offers to accompany Steel to Leringard, but takes time with his inexpert carpentry skills to board up the windows first.

Before they leave, Steel takes one impassive look at the food-stained house with wood planks nailed over the broken panes.  "That will keep the honest people honest."

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 10:49:25 am »
Night, as he travels the roads between Llast and  Hlint, hauling ore and gathering reagents, ensures that his activity is only in the dark of night, and that his balaclava is tightly secured.  If he encounters anyone, they are met with silence, threat or sudden invisibility, depending on Night's assessment.  He camps near Moraken's Abode, close enough that he feels peasants will not approach, and far enough that he does not believe he is encroaching on Moraken's land.

Warchild214

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 11:20:42 am »
Leaf arrives back to the house in Ft. Llast with a weighted pack on his shoulders.  He greets Steel and Andrew as Andrew is busy boarding up the windows.  He informs them that even though he is not a Dark Elf, that recently he has been treated just the same just because of his elven heritage and that he must use caution when leaving and entering the house now.

Leaf drops his pack to the ground and begins to pull out some basic construction tools and materials.

Andew asks Leaf  "Whats all the materials for Leaf?"

Leaf replies "Since the house has been slightly damaged, I wanted to patch up some of the areas before they get any worse and to also start cleaning some of the rotten fruit off the walls.  I do thank you for the work that you have done boarding up the windows Andrew, that will help detour anyone wanting to break in and enter the house".

Steel and Andrew say goodbye to Leaf before leaving for Leringard as he starts cleaning and making the minor repairs to the exterior walls of the house.

Masterjack

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 12:12:20 pm »
*conversation over heard in the Fort Llast Market*

*Bill a farmer* Aye Jim you ever see the market look so dismal? Just look at the place, I have been tryin to get a new axe for a month now, a month! For a freakin AXE!

*Jim a farmer* Well it's that Darkie holed up in that tower. Got all the caravans spooked thinkin this place is a death trap.  I swear if it were not for the Toran temple we would have nothin left.

*An unknown voice* Someone has to do somethin about that darkie... More then just break a few windows.

lonnarin

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 07:54:24 pm »
*hearing of the vandalism, a blackbearded dwarf casts a lone crazy eye over those in the bar who speak ill of Tyilaan and belches*

"Now see 'ere ye worthless, lily-livered louts, should the dark elf lass wanna gut ye, yer sorry hides already be skinned and bleachin in the sun already.  Now me, ah hear them kinda words from pus-holes like yers and I git ter want ter skinnin.  So any of ye wanna join meh in the arena and settle it, lets git ah-steppin.  Ye remember what ah did ter Jericho, aye?  Medical staff weren't quick nuff with all the pieces I lopped.  Ye name the time and the place and ahll make ye eat them words with ah side of sausage made from yer own intestines!"

*Kurn eagerly takes yokels to the Vehl arena who challenge him, barking..*

"If any of ye, ANY of ye gotta problem with the dark elven lass, step on up!  I'll tear yer spleen out yer gapin throathole and grill it fer breakfast bacon!  She aint done ah bloody thing ter any of ye... even after ye messed up her house. Meh, ah aint so merciful! Ask the Deep Dwarfs ah Rhugal's tunnels, ask the bloody cult, hells... ask Jericho! Oi, he be here right now!"

*with that he pulls a rotty half-orc's severed head from his pack and cackles*

Masterjack

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 12:07:39 pm »
Rumors spread that the Dark Elf Archer is at it again. It seems that a farm outside Fort Llast had its barn burnt to the ground. One person was injured in the event.

Anamnesis

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 12:39:21 pm »
Elohanna sighs softly as she looks at the damage to her home, the broken glass, the boarded up windows, still decaying pieces of food scattered about the ground outside and begins to clean up the mess carefully as she thinks to herself.

"Instead of persecuting an innocent person they should be trying to find the ones truly responsible. I would have hoped the people of Fort Llast would trust me more than this."

As she finishes cleaning up goes upstairs to her own room and lies down for a while just to clear her head, and begins to fall into a soft meditation, only to wake up later to find a letter on her pillow.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

anything