The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Eulogy for the Boy Hero in Wayfare  (Read 419 times)

Jilseponie Wyndon

Eulogy for the Boy Hero in Wayfare
« on: September 05, 2011, 07:24:14 pm »
*She dresses in her best dark clothes and attends the very small funeral of a homeless child in Fort Wayfare.  The Bone Bats that came through the gate and harassed it's residents are gone but the loss of the one child hurts this Bard the most.

She stands quietly off to the side and lets the preacher say his words, only a couple adults attend, the children are kept away.  Tears stroll down her cheek but she controls the sobs that wish to burst forth, and when he is done, she pulls out a harp and begins a soulful tune and sings softly.*

[FONT="]Though better minstrels far than I May strike the quivering string; And bards more worthy of the theme Thy praises loud shall sing.
Yet I, a wandering Harper new, with heavy heart and soul feeling blue, By harp and voice to honor you, my feeble strains to try.
[/B][FONT="]

[FONT="]My voice upraised to wild swept chords I sing thy happy times be wild; Thy frowning times, running games, And all that makes thee a playful child.
All these I love and all have seen though gone now from my sight, I can but hear the children play, for all the rest is night.[/FONT]

[FONT="]But even yet, it you’ll but list, To my old harp's best note, I'll sing to you your heroic deeds, To them my songs devote.
Now guided by my faithful ox I stray from door to door, And tell how my hero fought and bled, And tales of old time lore.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

*She bows her head, drops a flower upon the ground and slowly walks away.*