The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Exploring Firesteep  (Read 760 times)

xsweetpeaxs

Exploring Firesteep
« on: August 09, 2011, 02:33:12 am »
*A group of adventurers can be seen in Dalanthar purchasing and freshening up their supplies for what seems to be a long journey. Talks about demons and undead can be heard by patrons nearby. The group welcome brave travellers to join their expedition.*

http://forums.layonara.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=17986&day=2011-8-9&c=2

Meeting location: Dalanthar

xsweetpeaxs

Re: Exploring Firesteep
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 02:38:07 am »
// Doh! Accidentally deleted the post on the calendar. Having a bit of technical error. Let me fix the link.

xsweetpeaxs

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 02:51:12 am »
I'm angry! It keeps overlapping into the second day even though I've changed the time slightly to 11:30pm EST so it wouldn't jump and take another calendar slot. *sigh* Oy, anymore editing and I might end up removing the entire calendar by accident. LOL. Here you go.. as best as you'll get it from someone who's not computer savvy:

http://forums.layonara.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=17987&day=2011-08-09

Pibemanden

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 04:51:39 pm »
*Storold seeks out the group gathering in Dalanthar*

Please, stay a while and listen..

Before you head out you should be aware that any misstep on the isle of the self proclaimed King of Dragons can have the most dire effects for the region here as a whole.

Times might have removed all but the dwarves and elves remembering the Plauges attack on Hurm. This was triggered by people like you who wished to find adventure but found trouble for the innocent.

I will not tell you not to travel there, just try to avoid upsetting the King himself...

willhoff

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 07:40:09 pm »
*Vrebel looks up from organizing his gear and smiles warmly at Storold as he approaches letting him finish his words*

Thought you were comin' with us for a second.  *He grins*

Wise words from a man wiser than me.  But you do have a few years on me Storold.

*He looks toward the direction of Firesteep as he continues*

Dont upset the King hmmm?  Wonder if us goin' in that mountain and slayin' his minions would upset the old lizard.  I hear he has a short fuse.  *he smirks to himself knowing the answer to his question*

I'd hate to have the deaths of innocents and lost hairs on me consience.

Thanks fer yer words Storold and ridin' out here and all.  Seems we'll need ta talk this one over with the others...

willhoff

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 06:02:59 am »
The kabold dropped flat on a rock his arms and legs still flinching uncontrollably though he was surely dead.  Two arrow shafts, one protruding from his throat and the other his torso crackle and burn in the kabold's fiery aura.  Moments later two hooded figures slink by like a whisper with one checking the kabolds body for good measure before he stuffs it in a rock crevice.

A thick fog sets in but every so often one can get a glimpse far off in the distance of the dock to leave Firesteep waves crashing against the lonesome vessel.  After the area is well scouted by one of the hooded figures the other gives the signal and the rest of the party removes their magical concealement revealing six more.  

A large armor clad warrior type with a horned helm drops what looks like a body wrapped in a blood soaked blanket to the ground.

Vrebel looks to the rest of the group

So who exactly who are we takin' this stinker to anyways and how?

He removes his helm looking to the rest for their imput

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 08:06:42 am »
Well first off.  Lets get on a boat and begone from this Pit-Hole.  If I were to give my input, and here I go, I would say lets go and see if we can gain access to Xora's Tower and then send for Storold to come and aid in our... He looks at the body disdainfully ...investigation.

davidhoff

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 08:24:06 am »
*Tralek nods to Gel* That is probably a good idea.  Xora is a woman of great wisdom and knowledge and she's aided adventurers on many occasions.  Maybe now she can aid us in our investigation.  I thought someone said Storold and Xora had some issues, so when we call Storold over we may want to find a different location for him to study the *looks down at the body* find.  We can discuss an appropriate location for Storold's review, Northpoint might be a place, there are some cabins there we could hold up in for a few days.

We need to further conceal the body and its stench for the ship voyage.  We should make a crate or coffin for it I think and wrap the body in several layers of cloth soaked in some local herbs and oils.  I hesitate to cast any magics on the body for fear of any reactions.  We can board the ship in darkness and make our way to Xora's Tower.  There we can discuss with her what we found and what she makes of it.

xsweetpeaxs

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 10:25:09 am »
*Kylie looks at the group and gives her input*

I can use a little trickery to help conceal the body. I agree with heading to Xora's Tower first. It is the closest and we will not have to face a lot of wandering eyes looking our direction. After our visit to Xora, we can make our way to a different location and have Storold take a look at the body.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 11:43:45 am »
He looks around at the group.

I dont think we need to worry too much about concealing the body.  Look where we are.  We are landing in the wilds of Dregar.  There is no port authority to search us.  A simple cover for the body should suffice.  Once we move from Xora's maybe we need to think about using Al'Noth to cloak it, but until then, lets relax.

willhoff

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 01:20:23 pm »
*Vrebel nods to the group*

Seems were all in agreement to leave then for Xora.  Maybe the captain has some empty crates on the ship we can pay for to stow the body or if not lets just wrap it with some more blankets and get movin.

wild_down_under

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 02:28:03 pm »
*Hayley agrees with the group and prepares her Al'Noth. She protects and conceals herself before heading forth towards Xora's tower ahead of the group to make sure the path is clear of danger. In the back of her mind she is unsure of what to make of the "human" foes that they have fought, and that necromancer mage that the group had taken down. Their foes were well equipped and trained, alluding to the possibility of a bigger conspiracy.*

willhoff

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 12:23:55 pm »
*In the dark of night the group emerges from the ship recently docked at the northeaster tip of Dregar.  A large crate is offloaded and carried off by Vrebel and Riley.  A slim well shaped figure comes back to the docks moments later and informs the group that the way is safe.  The party eventually makes it to the outside of Xora's tower with crate in tow.  Vrebel sets down the crate and looks at the door to Xora's and whispers back to the group.

"We need a password er somethin or we just knock?"

willhoff

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 06:53:28 pm »
*After a short while Vrebel takes a deep breath and knocks hard on the door to Xora's tower three times (he would use a door-knocker? if one was affixed to the door).  He looks back at the others in the group and nods assuringly and waits for what happens next.*

Maybe she likes pies we got any pies?  *a half grin to Kylie*

xsweetpeaxs

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 11:20:50 pm »
*chuckles lightly as she pulls out a pie from her bag* will apple pie do?

*she waits patiently with the group to see who'll answer the door*

willhoff

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 09:48:54 pm »
*After waiting with no answer Vrebel looks back at the group*

Guess she gets lots of folks bangin' on her doors wantin' advise or shelter er somethin.  Maybe she's ignorin us or just didnt hear.  

*He stares at Tralek and Hayley*

Maybe one of you could send yer pixies up top look into the windows er somethin' and get her attention.

*Shrugs and continues to bang the door three times at thirty second intervals*

(He'll continue banging on the door for the next thirty minutes or until someone answers)

Pibemanden

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 03:40:53 am »
*Storold arrives some time after having received a message from Vrebel*

So uhmm... I heard that you had a body, and I seem to remember that the woman living in this tower does not like people dragging bodies to her doorstep. Maybe we should step a bit away from the tower and have a look at this.. Mage?

And while we walk can you please tell me what the significance of this caster is exactly? The letter was rather vague...

willhoff

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 04:09:35 am »
*Seeing Storold appear Vrebel gets up quickly from the the crate that he was using as a make shift seat obviously relieved*

Ahh Storold you got it good!  Yeah, I dont blame er' I wouldnt want folks draggin dead bodies to my house either.  You get the other end Riley if ya dont mind.

*As Vrebel and Riley drag the crate away from the tower he grunts out what he knows*

We went inta the fire mountain hoping we could figure out what all the knew activity was about and encountered well armed resistance.  Not the normal resistance we expected like demons and genasai but others.  They appeared ta be human like this one in the crate.  They were very well armed and trained.  Curious thing is they didnt carry much on em to figure out who they were or were they were from.

The mages in the group could tell ya more about this one *nods to the crate he's carrying* but from my experiences he seemed very powerful.

I was hopin' in yer infinite wisdom and experience you would be able to shed some light on this fer us *grins back to him as he continues carrying the crate*

Pibemanden

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 04:14:21 am »
Well there are rumors coming out of Lor of transport of men and supplies to the Molten Island. I would presume that this person could be one of these people, as could the ones you encountered be. However I would be very glad to hear what your mages found out.

davidhoff

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 04:38:37 am »
*As they walk the crate away from the tower Tralek chimes in*

Ah nice to have you on board Storold *smirks*

The most disturbing thing to me was the unusual resistance we met in the mountains.  We were expecting the normal minions, but then we were attacked by several, what I call brigand types.  They came upon us and attacked us on several occaions at different spots on our ascent of the mount.  They seemed crazed or almost wildy possessed about killing us.  We searched their possessions and bodies and none had any markings or belongings that would even hint at their affiliation.  They were purposefully concealing their identity I think.

This one here *points vaguely to the crate being carried* was a powerful mage in their ranks.  He stood in the back and watched us for a bit before attacking.  His ability with the Al'Noth was considerably stronger than mine and his battle tactics that of a seasoned caster.  He had very strong defenses unlike any I have seen before.  We were only able to take him down with force of our entire party.

We brought his body back in the hopes something can be learned from it.  Maybe who he was or if part of some organization.  Possibly he has some markings on him we didn't see.  Maybe you will know what to look for or possibly your arcane skills will tell us something about him.

No doubt there is something going on up there *jestures his head back in the direction of the mountain*.  I think the more we know about what forces are being assembled there and why, the better off we'll be at being prepared for what is to come next.

When we get to a safe place myself, Kylie and Hayley can help you with any magical analysis of this individual.  Just let us know how you wish to proceed.

*looks to Storold*