The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Found on a bloody hill...  (Read 617 times)

miltonyorkcastle

Found on a bloody hill...
« on: July 13, 2008, 06:22:26 pm »
.... a body, identified as Shiff Dragonheart. The bindstones refused his soul. His effects were returned to his family in Haven.

AeonBlues

Re: Found on a bloody hill...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 06:33:47 pm »
Roomers begin to circulate that the spirit of Shiff Dragonheart has passed beyond the realm of mortals.  A great funeral pyre was built in his honer on the peaks of Deadman's Pass, near where his body was being devoured by vampires.  Even after death, his spirit could be heard complaining about not receiving a proper burial.

http://forums.layonara.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=126172&size=big&cat=recent&limit=recent

ycleption

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 08:27:55 pm »
A elven woman, wearing a simple black robe is seen making a journey to the pyre. She spends hours kneeling, meditating at the site. Finally, she stands, bows deeply to the pyre, and heads to Haven to provide what comfort she can to the family.

jan

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 03:26:41 pm »
*Barion hears the news while visiting his house in Haven , he quietly goes into the house and kneels down next to the side off his bed . Softly he prays to Rofirein *

" Lord Protector , many lives were lost recently in Leringard and Mariner's Hold and now another great adventurer has been ripped from this world . To me it seems that those that have fallen , are the innocents and brave . Why does it seem that the cowards are the ones that outlive every one ? " * he sighs softly * " I hear that spellslingers use their spells to flee from fights that they are losing . That there are people like me , front-liners , that should hold their positions to give others the chance to tip the scale or at-least get out alive , that have seen the Soul Mother so few times they can not describe her . When will the Gods realise that the world will be lost to all if only the cowards stay alive to fight for the right cause ?........... Another that did all in his power was lost to the world . Please Golden One , if you happen to meet the soul off Shiff Dragonheart , be kind to him ...he was a good man ..."

* he slowly stands and composes himself as he goes down the stairs , he walks to his liquor chest and takes out a Dwarven Head Ale and salutes the memory off one that he called friend .....*

lonnarin

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 04:36:57 pm »
*Bjorn hears the news while polishing gemstones and pauses a long moment*

Oi... Shiff.  Dorand knew yer hands in the hall.  If only ye weren't napping in Dalanthar and come mining with us ah coulda mebbe protected ye...  *sighs*  Beryl's Botique go down in history ah being run by ah legendary man, one who knew the craft in and out and supplied half the realm for decades.  Ye will beh remembered lad, as long as it takes gold ter rust and then some.  Ah see ye by the golden forge fire of Dorand in the afterlife lad... me work aint done yet though, so save meh ah Forge!

Blackguy

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 05:03:33 pm »
* Lin'da bows down silently when she hears of Shiff's death *

Thank you Lucinda for making me travel with friends. Friends that know how I react and how I feel. Friends that know when I'm in trouble and when I need aid. Thank you for helping me stay the course and not loose battles. Thank you for not making me weak and complain about things I cannot change anyway. Thank you for giving me the insight to not fight loosing battles. Thank you for making me depend on my friends. Thank you for not judging my opponent on the name he holds himself to, but for the evil he is. For these things I am thankfull.

* Lin'da rises and looks around, then says: *

Rest in peace Shiff Dragonheart.

*She uses a invisibillity spell and footsteps is heard going out of Port Hempstead*

Frances

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 06:14:33 pm »
*As Val receives the news, little emotion is shown on her face.  She takes Shiff's gear and passes it to her father, who easily shoulders the load and goes quietly to put it away.  She takes Shiff's ashes and gathers her children to her to share the news with them.  Confused and not really understanding at first, they accept the news and wander off, thinking about it.  Val then goes to her room and sits, thinking also.  Only then does she burst into tears.  A couple minutes later, Jana, her father's wife, comes in to help console her.*

*Laura and Jana keep the household going while Val mourns.  The weight of the situation begins to dawn on the children.  Tyra and Drakus mourn the loss of their father, Tyra becoming more and more withdrawn, and Drakus talking with his mother, trying to understand.  Mary, though not a daughter of Shiff she has spent so much time with him that she thinks of him as a father, mourns also, her mother Laura comforting her.  Val's father, thinking back on the loss of Val's mother, tries to comfort Val as best he can.*

*That night, eyes red but unable to sleep, Val wanders around the house, and checks on everyone sleeping.  She notices Tyra missing from her bed, and a little looking soon tells her that Tyra has gone.  She walks outside, sits on the step and looks out into the town.*

*She talks softly to herself, her voice ragged and quiet:* Tyra... oh sweety, why now?  Couldn't you have waited? ... I guess I should have known you were just waiting on some dramatic event to make you make up your mind... Shiff, love... you'll never come home now... oh, you brave man, why did you have to be such a fool sometimes?  Why couldn't you have stayed here with us? Oh, Shiff... *she sighs deeply, holding back the sobs that threaten to burst forth again*

*She sniffles* Beryl... Toran...  Whoever has Shiff with them... take care of him...  *she looks to the skies, trying to find the constellations of the gods*

osxmallard

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 07:49:18 pm »
*Mary, who is not so little anymore and becoming a pretty young woman of 17, sits quietly at her gem table thinking about Shiff while polishing a small amethyst.  Her tears mix with the polishing oil, giving a slightly cloudy undertone to the gemstone.  Next to her is a small parchment and a gem pouch*

Shiff Dragonheart,

You were my father when I had none.
You were my conscience when I was confused and alone.
You were the savior of my mother and myself when we had no aid.
Beryl shall shine forth in my work and always in your honor.

Tyra shall be watched by my own eyes and kept from harms way.

With All My Love,
Mary

*Later that evening, she wraps the gem in a small weighted pouch, tucks the parchment inside, and gently sinks it into the nearby lake.  She announces to her mother that she wishes to go to the temple of Beryl and study under the priests.  Laura packs her a small bag and sends her on her way with a small kiss on her forehead.*

Riven

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 08:42:27 pm »
*Riven mulls the latest news, his face somber.*

"That Shiff had a strong presence. A powerful presence. Gone now, before his life dreams were manifested. I'll miss him, that be sure."

*Riven pens a note to Valmara, and pays a messenger to deliver it to Haven. Then he walks from the Twin Dragon Inn and heads to a nearby isle in a lake to reflect. Half way through the night he strips off his clothes and swims in the cold waters. Pulling himself onto the far shore he howls into the night sky, his large wolf friend answering with a deep-throated howl. Soon a pack of wolves from a nearby valley join the howling, until the hills are echoing with the soulful calls*

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 01:54:59 am »
* News of Shiff's untimely death finally reaches Mount Norand. In the quiet hours during the night, Kobal walks to the shrine of Rofirein to pray, as he sometimes does. Nearing the end of his prayer... *

" ... an' Oi ask ye ter shelter deh soul of deh one called Shiff. He was a young warrior an' his death came afore 'is toime. Too many goals an' dreams unfinished, guide 'im in deh afterloif' an' offer 'im peace. Shiff was an 'onourable man. "

scifibarbie

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 02:36:48 am »
*Brunhilde shakes her head sadly after she hears the news...

Poor lad. And he seemed such a nice sort..May the father offer him a seat at his table if shiff comes knocking on the halls of the father.

His heart was as his namesake. Hopefully his children will live up to his example.

SteveJW

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 12:37:08 pm »
*Kyle's face is ashen as he places a hand crafted iron katana at the pyre*

"From one Master to another. You will be missed."

*He starts to rise...but places another small parcel next to the katana. In it...3 darts made of bronze with falcon tail feathers.*

"Hope they play darts where you are..."

*He rises and heads back home*

aragwen

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 12:47:29 pm »
*news reaches Jacchri's ears as he passes through Vale*

*taking a deep breath he speaks mostly to himself*

Crazy one that, but did not deserves this.
 He was a good fighter, had trouble staying quiet when it was called for, but good fighter. *sighs*

Let us hope his soul will find the peace it deserves.

*tilts his head back looking at the heavens then howls and runs off*

Marswipp

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 02:13:42 pm »
// Kenelm hears the rumor, and finds himself rather confused. He has a difficult time trying to justify the recklessness.
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

Anamnesis

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 10:27:35 pm »
She is found outside in the fields by her friend Caerwyn after hearing the news his offer to help her welcome as she seems to be in shock after hearing the news from Nye

After days of uncertainties, of doubts, and scribbles, she finally slips a letter under the door of his home in Haven, not truly sure that Valmara or the children would wish to see her right now.

The letter written in a gentle flowing script easily recognizeable to those who know her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Valmara, Tyra and Drakie,

I know for you this is such an uncertain and painful time for you, I know because I have been there. I don't wish to embrace right now the pain and anger that I know you most certainly fill but I wish instead to embrace the memories and thoughts that bring warmth to my heart and comfort.

I remember his passion for life, the ego the size of mountains, the heart as big as the ocean, and a skull as thick and tough as the finest mithril.

I remember Shiff for the love he gave, The way he would sit and listen to me when he knew I needed someone.

I remember the tears I cried on his shoulders. I remember how not long ago I had began to write my own will, because I was certain I would be the one leaving all my friends behind.

I didn't want to be the one left to remember all those I had lost, but this is how it is meant to be. I will never forget Shiff Dragonheart.

I will always remember the laughter he held in our hearts, the stubborness he kept at his side and embraced with a passion. I will not forget him, and I will not forget to listen to the sound of my childrens laughter, knowing that because him and many others that where there for Krysthalien. I am able to watch them grow.

I pray that you will always feel the sunlight on your face as you walk in the light. I pray you will be there to help your children remember that they are your passion and your reason to live and fight everyday.

Always walk in the light My Friend and rest easy knowing your beloved Shiff will never be forgotten.

~Elohanna Dawnstar
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

major6

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 12:22:20 am »
Trith finally takes the time to find himself before the hill.  He looks upon it, tears leaking out slowly as he tries to hold him back.  He thinks to himself "why .... why must it end this way... too many... to early.. am I to be next... what of my other friends"  Kneeling before the cairn, he takes out a list and places it under a rock.  Speaking "through the fights our friendship only grew friend, I will honor your last wish... I will see it through... your deeds will be forgotten".  On the ground lies a list of names, they seem random but they remain behind as Trith slowly walks away looking like a man renewed.

Dalila

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 12:06:35 pm »
*Rose hears roomers of Shiffs passing. She doesn't want to believe them so she decides to find out if they are true for herself. Before leaving her house Rose pulls on her long cloak and hood to conceal her identity. Anyone that sees her knows that the colors she wears are Torans and also that she has a strange grace about her. Walking outside she calls her horse and mounts it. With a soft whisper from Rose the horse heads for Haven. As she passes by people can see the silver hair that has worked its way out from under her hood. After riding for a few days she finally reaches her destination. As she looks around the town she can see that something was missing. The smiles of the people were filled with pain and sadness. Rose just shook it off as a coincidence and headed to Shiffs house. Before she got there an old man stopped her. He asked her where she was headed and she told him. He asked her if she knew what had happened and Rose just shook her head. With a sigh he explained to her about how Shiff died and what they did with the body. Rose could hardly speak but thanked him for telling her and continued to the house. When she got to the door she pulled out a single red rose and set it on the door step. Then she turned, got back on her horse, and started to ride back home but then decided to make a short stop by where shiff had fallen. Seeing that the vampires had returned, with a burst of anger she destroyed them. The rest of the ride home seemed like it took forever. There was so much going through her head. The roomers were right. Her brother was gone and killing those vampires wasn't going to bring him back. After she arrived home she went in her room to pray...but she could only manage a few words before the tears came. "Please Toran, Take care of him now"

Frances

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 12:52:40 pm »
*Val notices the letter laying by the door.  She opens and reads it, then opens the door looking outside, hoping to see Elohanna.  Failing to see her, she notices the rose on the step.  Val picks it up, and stands there, looking at the rose and the letter, tears in her eyes.*

True friends... Shiff, honey, you left behind true friends... you truly will never be forgotten.  *Tears flowing anew, but with a sense of being buoyed up, she turns and heads inside.*

Andrios

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 12:56:47 pm »
*Upon returning from Dregar Aeronn hears the terrible news about Shiff's passing.  Immeadiately he hurries to the temple in Vehl.  Kneeling before the image of Rofirein, he prays.*

"Lord Protecter, Shiff was a good man.  He had a large heart, and a passion for protecting others.  Shiff proved  his hatred for pyretechon and all his works.  It is true he needed a little more guidance to truly follow your ways, but he was taken before he could take such guidance to heart."

*Aeronn smiles sadly*

"In his own way, he always requested that I intercede with you on his behalf.  I do that now.  As  Shiff takes his final journey Shelter his soul with your wings, and defend him with your claws, that he may reach the afterlife he truly deserves. By your Strength, and in your Wisdom let it be done.  
Thank you"

*Aeronn slowly gets up and leaves the temple*

Lord Dark

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 02:28:38 pm »
*Tod hears the news while working on the lining of a new cloak in Hempstead's crafting hall. He heads out, shaking his head refusing to accept*

No more handshakes? *looks down at his hand, tears landing on his palm*

anything