The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: From the notes of Lt. Jursen  (Read 1447 times)

EdTheKet

RE: From the notes of Lt. Jursen
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2005, 10:13:00 am »
Broken Forest is acting up again. This morning, one of the patrols returned, half the guards were covered with strange, grapple like marks on their bodies.  strange thing is that the  skin and flesh around these marks was completely dead. Took the healer of Toran quite some strong magic to get it healed. I'll have to tell the lads of the next patrol to look out for snakelike vines that hide under piles of leaves.  

EdTheKet

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2005, 10:54:00 am »
*Sighing, Jursen sets himself behind his desk, writing but a single sentence before closing again*
  It seems like it has begun, Bloods forces have been spotted on ships near Velensk....

EdTheKet

Re: From the notes of Lt. Jursen
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2006, 06:11:44 am »
Despite the earlier dire news of Blood's forces being sighted near Velensk and the destruction of Roldem, things are looking up a bit! We have received word that Xandrial, one of Blood's generals has left.

At that moment, small flying red shapes pass in front of Lt. Jursen's window and he hears some women scream. "Now what?!?" Grabbing his sword he storms outside.

EdTheKet

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 03:07:48 pm »
Jursen adds another entry.
  Last night as I was walking through town, keeping all the lanterns lit to ward against the strange infestation of shadows that torment the lands again I had to look up at the skies as the few people that were out on the street pointed upwards.
  There, before my own eyes the constellations of the Viper and the Scorpion that had only been there for a few years, slowly started to fade. Their stars fading one by one before winking out.
  I'm not entirely sure if their disappearance is a good thing, but according to the priests of Toran it is... May they be right and the All Watching guard us.

EdTheKet

Re: From the notes of Lt. Jursen
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 01:52:58 pm »
Dead. King Karem Waylend, stalwart defender of the realm and fierce opponent of Blood is dead... May the All Watching welcome him to his halls. I will hold a wake tonight in remembrance.

EdTheKet

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 03:53:34 am »
I don't know if I should be happy or sad. Sinthar Bloodstone, scourge of Layonara, is no more. Those who call themselves the dragoncalled have defeated them.
  The question is, at what price. The skies are now covered with a cloud of dust, and the sun can no longer be seen, and nobody seems to have an idea for how long this will take.
  The first day, people were dancing in the streets, the second day, they were eyeing the sky, and that is when it happened.
  He shudders when he recalls this moment.
  They came from the east. Nearly invisible against the black sky. Three large flying shapes. Black. With a triumphant, yet also mocking roar, they circled the town. If they wanted they could've levellediteasily, yet they didn't.Maybe it was more effort than it was wirth.
  I am not sure what to do now... Three black dragons circled town and flew on. There must be dark times ahead...
  Closing it with a deep sigh, Jursen looks at his sword. It stands there in the corner, and it feels like it is staring at him, challenging him. "Allright, allright" he says, picking it up, "Duty calls".